What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gerrard VS Lampard

Gerrard Vs Lampard

• Gerrard

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • Lampard

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

borat

Bench
borat said:
Rubbish, How many years have Arsenal underperformed in the CL. How has Henry performed at World Cups, at Euro 2004? Euro 2000 he only scored 3 goals for the tournement and that was one of his better ones. In Cup finals and the World Cup they are tight matches with very tight defence. Henry doesn't get the room he normally needs and he isn't able to dominate. He is a tremendous player but doesn't have the all round skill of Gerard.

Lampard would not even be considered in Gerard's league if he wasn't playing at chelsea.

Pensicola,

You didn't happen to catch the CL Cup Final last night did you? I rest my case.

Macca_

Coach
It's a fair argument to a degree. I agree in big games (because its so tight) he has less space and sometimes he isn't as effective. His off the ball work and worry he causes defences though need to be taken into account. It so often creates for someone else to be the hero.

But to use the game over night as an example I can't agree with mate. His role in the side (when they play the 451) relies heavily on the impact of the midfield. And when they were reduced to 10 men after 17 minutes, it changed the whole game plan. He didn't have the support coming forward like he normally does in that system. He was well involved in the forst 15 minutes when it was 11 v 11 and they were pushing forward.

End of the day, the guy is a great player and I'm not sure how many awards he has to get or goals he has to score for people to be completely comfortable with the fact.

And comparing to Gerrard, well what's the point? Ones a midfielder and ones a striker.

borat

Bench
Macca_ said:
It's a fair argument to a degree. I agree in big games (because its so tight) he has less space and sometimes he isn't as effective. His off the ball work and worry he causes defences though need to be taken into account. It so often creates for someone else to be the hero.

But to use the game over night as an example I can't agree with mate. His role in the side (when they play the 451) relies heavily on the impact of the midfield. And when they were reduced to 10 men after 17 minutes, it changed the whole game plan. He didn't have the support coming forward like he normally does in that system. He was well involved in the forst 15 minutes when it was 11 v 11 and they were pushing forward.

End of the day, the guy is a great player and I'm not sure how many awards he has to get or goals he has to score for people to be completely comfortable with the fact.

And comparing to Gerrard, well what's the point? Ones a midfielder and ones a striker.

There was no real comparison to gerard excpet that Pensacola had listed his top 5 players in the world and had Henry above Gerrard.

I think Henry is an awesome player and definitely is the best striker in the EPL without a doubt. However, I just pointed out when it comes to Cup games and big big matches they tend to be defence orientated and this stifles Henry's game. Henry needs the opposition pushing forward so he can hit them on the counter which he is the King of. The other problem with Cup finals is they tend to be abit more leanient on fouls and this tends to put Henry off his game. He is a great player, one of the best, but as a striker he isn't suited to tight marking which is probably his only real deficiancy.

Macca_

Coach
Fair call.

I'd prefer this mornings game not being used as an example of this though for reasons I stated :D

aqua_duck

Coach
pantherz9103 said:
His 90th minute strike v West Ham the other day would have to be either No 1 or 2. Surely No 1 in my opinion.

We were goooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrne before that.

I loved Martin Tyler's reaction to that goal. Simply 'Oh Oaaawww! stunning!'

Still the best English commentators IMO the Tyler / Gray combination.

Why can't rugby league commentators be as good as these two? :roll:
I lost all respect I had for Andy Gray this morning, the guy reminded me of those pommy RL commentators with his garbage, Tyler tried hard to be passive but Gray was so bias if he didn't have the accent you;d think it was Arsene Wenger commentating

Eddie.

Bench
Ill put this to you guys.

Who has played better for England?
Who has scored more goals for England?

Eddie.

Bench
Im not sure how many.

But he has been Englands midfield leader over the past couple of years.

Eddie.

Bench
Thanks macca.

If my maths is right Lampars has 10 goals from 29 Internationals, Gerrard 5 from 32.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
borat said:
Pensicola,

You didn't happen to catch the CL Cup Final last night did you? I rest my case.

What case?:lol: Henry had a fair game, coulda put the first chance away (credit to Valdez), shoulda put the 2nd away. Made some good runs, gave himself opportunities and had a couple of decent cracks. As Macca pointed out its hard to even look ok when you take a key midfielder off because of a red card. However with the standards he sets for himself he would have liked to have done better and especially taken that 2nd half chance to make it 2-0. What did Ronny do last night borat? Played some decent passes but was well below his best. Eto was great, Larsson was superb when he came on and Deco was solid but Ronny was nothing more than average. I guess Gerrard is better than him now too.:lol:

Hey at the end of the day Arsenal was playing FC Barcelona not West Ham United. There's a wee difference. When the Gunners play Liverpool Henry owns them. For the record I've already shown I think Gerrard is the best central midfielder in the world he's a great player. I just think Henry is marginally better. We can disagree on that and agree that Gerrard is better than Lampard.:D

The Shire

Juniors
stats dont tell the whole story and i bet a fair few of lampards goals would have been against substandard oppostion. cosistently gerrard is better IMO and is second in the world behind ronny

Mad Dogg

Juniors
The Shire said:
stats dont tell the whole story and i bet a fair few of lampards goals would have been against substandard oppostion. cosistently gerrard is better IMO and is second in the world behind ronny
Consistently? Consistency is the main thing which favours Lampard over Gerrard. He's been relatively a little off-form this season, but the two seasons before that I would say Lampard was the most consistent attacking player in the world. I don't remember him having one single bad patch during that period.

Latest posts