What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GET TO THE GAMES

Mickxpt

Juniors
even though i live in wagga it doesnt stop me from attending,
ive been to plenty of games and the last 3 of 2004 is no exception
i will be doing the 5 hour round trip to the last games at BRUCE STADIUM
we need as many peple there for the RAIDERS,
if i work at 1.00 am finish at 10 30 drive to canberra and get home at
7 30 for work at 1 30 the next day
GET TO BRUCE

Bay56

First Grade
You are obviously a loyal supporter mick :clap:

But your status will be really tested with an answer to this question ...

Will you attend the last game against the rabbits even if we have no mathematical chance of making the finals ??

broncoman

Juniors
im micks brother and i go to a lot of the games with him, even though im not a raiders supporer i love goign to the footy. We are going to Souths definately and are hopefully going t the storm game tomorrow. Worst game of the season was Penrith a few weeks ago, driving through the bloody snow to get there!

Paullyboy

Coach
Bay56 said:
You are obviously a loyal supporter mick :clap:

But your status will be really tested with an answer to this question ...

Will you attend the last game against the rabbits even if we have no mathematical chance of making the finals ??

If thats the criteria people use to decide whether they are going to the match I guess pretty much everyone on this forum hasnt been going for the last few weeks because according to them its impossible for canberra to make the 8 :roll:

Bay56 said:

How could attendance to any game be used to measure a person's status as a fan? It is a silly propostion to come up with. I wont be able to make it to the game against the roosters next weekend, but that does not make me any less of a fan.

Mickxpt

Juniors
i will be definately going to all 3 games rain hail or shine, fairwell for wiki, monas
and drew (thank god), thay are must win games, ive been getting verry frustrated at this time of year for the last 8 years and its pissing me off, BRING ON THAT WINNING FEELING

Bay56

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
If thats the criteria people use to decide whether they are going to the match I guess pretty much everyone on this forum hasnt been going for the last few weeks because according to them its impossible for canberra to make the 8 :roll:

say again :?

PS .... I dont think anyone on this forum has stated thats is impossible for the Raiders to make the 8 .... quite silly if they did ... some have stated that it is moderately or highly unlikely, while others have said that it is a foregone conclussion.

Raider Azz

Bench
Even if we had no chance of making the 8 by round 26 I'm sure plenty of people would turn up anyway, seeings as though it's Muss' last game and all...

Paullyboy

Coach
Bay56 said:
Paullyboy said:

say again :?

PS .... I dont think anyone on this forum has stated thats is impossible for the Raiders to make the 8 .... quite silly if they did ... some have stated that it is moderately or highly unlikely, while others have said that it is a foregone conclussion.

Well considering how pretty much everyone on this forum thinks that Canberra are the worst team ever, the players are useless and the coach is the most incompetent person in the world I would merely assume that they dont think we are making the finals, yet when we do and we perform well they will magically go quiet

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Paullyboy said:
Well considering how pretty much everyone on this forum thinks that Canberra are the worst team ever, the players are useless and the coach is the most incompetent person in the world I would merely assume that they dont think we are making the finals, yet when we do and we perform well they will magically go quiet

Your dead right, except they don't stay quiet they use their favourite line "one good performance does not a season make". Which shits me.

greeneyed

First Grade
I suppose it is mathematically possible for the Raiders to make the 8, given other results went our way, but does anyone seriously think they deserve to be there based on today's performance?

I hope we win against Easts and Souths and all the results go our way... but I very much doubt we are even in the same league as the Roosters.... and if we did scrape the 8, we would go out backwards instantly IMO.

We have the same players as last year, basically. Shouldn't we be expecting something better?

For those not inclined to be critical, I would be interested to know their views on just why it is that we got soundly beaten three weeks in a row?

Paullyboy

Coach
There is a difference between being critical and outright bagging.

I thought thats what set us aside from clubs like Manly, Wests and Souths - we were smarter than that, but this season has proven our fans are right down there with them

greeneyed

First Grade
I am still waiting for analysis of why the club's coaching set up does NOT deserve criticism.

Not a critique of whether the criticisers are justified or simply bagging.

Just one piece of analysis about why we should accept the performances that have been delivered the last 3 weeks. We have seen a lot of analysis of what is wrong and why criticism is deserved.

But one bit of analysis that supports the 'positive' position would be interesting. Not that they work hard and the coach comes up with funny lines after the game.

Analysis.

Why the coaching set up is inspired and doesn't deserve critical comment.

How there is a coaching plan in place, which means we should look through the current results.

Something? Anything?

Latest posts