What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get your money on the Dragons!!

skeepe

Immortal
jimmy the Dragons have already hit their "purple patch" this year. Remember them winning 7 or 8 in a row earlier this year? It's all downhill from here

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Hahaha! This thread is amusing!

Deadset - I wouldn't even bet YOUR money on the Dragons to win this Premiership - let alone my own!!!! :p

skeepe said:
jimmy the Dragons have already hit their "purple patch" this year. Remember them winning 7 or 8 in a row earlier this year? It's all downhill from here

In those 7 matches, the only games they were close to convincing was against Manly & Newcastle. In the others they spluttered and chugged their way to wobbly victories. The results were a misrepresentation of their form.

We've been waiting for them to hit top gear all season and it hasn't happened yet. I'm gradually losing faith that we ever will.

Hutty1986

Immortal
skeepe said:

LOL, they'll go a lot closer to the title than the rubbish Raiders :lol:

Cletus

First Grade
It's really only between Melbourne and the Dogs, with Parra and Manly outsiders. St George, Brisbane, Newcastle and Canberra are no hope. None of them have a decent half back especially with Johns gone. Brisbane had abysmal fifth tackle options when Lockyer was tackled on the fourth, and Matthew Head can't run on his bung legs.

jimmythehand

Juniors
jimmythehand said:
Every year it seems the Dragons go through a purple patch where they look like world beaters. This purple patch tends to happen for a few weeks, but it's never at the right time of the year and once they reach the finals they never seem to go anywhere.

Is this year going to be different? Well personally I don't think the Dragons have looked anything like world beaters so far. This year is different because they've won a lot of games where they haven't played very well. They're not struggling (not yet anyway) for their semi-final spot and they are yet to hit their purple patch.

So what chance the purple patch this year is going to be in the semi-finals and they're finally going to get it right?

Get your money on them I say - but wait until after they lose to the Bulldogs again and the odds are a bit higher.

Will be a great semi-final series if the Dragons/Bulldogs/Knights/Storm are all at their best. I don't hold any hope for the Broncos/Sharks/Eels/Raiders/Panthers/Tigers/Eagles/Cowboys.

Current Odds:

Bulldogs 3.57
Storm $4
Dragons $6.50
Broncos $11
Knights $13
Eels $15
Manly $26
Cowboys $29
Panthers $51
Tigers $67
Sharks $72
Raiders $101
Roosters $126
Warriors $401

Best value currently is with the Knights. If Thaiday finds his feet again, watch out!

Well not a bad effort I reckon - at least I predicted when their odds would peak! Broncos made me look a little silly but not as silly as some of the other posters :)

Hutty1986

Immortal
jimmythehand said:
the dragons certainly didn't choke - the Ants were just too good for them.

Exactly

Melon, aka the joke of the forums is too busy licking Fittlers a*se to see reality :lol:

Latest posts