What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get your pen and paper out and.......

Lowey3

Juniors
Tick another box for another superior victory over National league fodder.

St (Entertainers) Helens 56 - 6 Doncaster Lakers

Unfortunately the ref decided to take pity on Doncaster and award a dubious decision in the final minutes, which allowed Doncaster to score.

We had Cayless, Talau, Sculthorpe and Hooper missing from our squad. With Long, Cunningham, Lyon and Wellens on going off atfer 10 mins in the second half.

8 games played = 8 games won = not one opponent has scored over 16 points and most of the try's we have let in have come off kicks or when we where down to 12 men.

Our line up in the second half was....

Pryce
Gardner
Gilmour
Hardman
Meli
Vinnie Anderson
Wilkin
Fozzard
Roby
Anderson
Faasavalu
Bennett
Graham

Long
Lyon
Cunningham
Wellens

Just look at that bench, it's good enough to make a cum tsunami for us Saints fans.

Enjoy the highlights people, some crackers has always.

WJ

Juniors
Lowey3 said:

Unfortunately the ref decided to take pity on Doncaster and award a dubious decision in the final minutes, which allowed Doncaster to score.

We had Cayless, Talau, Sculthorpe and Hooper missing from our squad. With Long, Cunningham, Lyon and Wellens on going off atfer 10 mins in the second half.

8 games played = 8 games won = not one opponent has scored over 16 points and most of the try's we have let in have come off kicks or when we where down to 12 men.

Pryce
Gardner
Gilmour
Hardman
Meli
Vinnie Anderson
Wilkin
Fozzard
Roby
Anderson
Faasavalu
Bennett
Graham

Long
Lyon
Cunningham
Wellens

Just look at that bench, it's good enough to make a cum tsunami for us Saints fans.

:lol: Classic.

Leeds (entertainers mack II) Rhinos are also set to tick another box this weekend with consumate ease.

The bench that will be residing at leigh however, will not create a cum tsnuami, although the potential for it is most certainly there, because leeds fans don't w*nk over players.

HTH.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
An eight comfortable win chalked up, but perhaps these threads should be calmed down as it will be mighty embarassing when we do finally lose.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Azkatro said:
Three backs on the bench and a hooker ... looks like a bit of tosh to me!

Notice he says that is the lineup in the second half. He's hinting at the fact that we rested several players and had those four sat on the bench, whilst those on the pitch still chalked up another easy win.

I personally think Saints could do with losing a Super League game soon. With a player of the experience of Jason Cayless coming out last week and saying they feel invincible and warning the other sides that we haven't even started yet, you can't imagine how cocky some of the youngsters must be.

I'm worried what effect a defeat could have on the confidence if it came at the wrong time, and that the defeat will come because the players feel they just need to turn up to win. Over confidence is as dangerous a problem as a lack of confidence. Daniel Anderson will have to watch this aspect of the side, you don't win anything in April.

Lowey3

Juniors
Fairleigh Gold - why do you worry ?

The Jason Cayless article was a certain Leeds fan who made the storu up himself, it was'nt aofficial.

I'm positive we can do the full season unbeaten.

PS. our next five games

Harlequins - relegation fodder - easy win

Wigan - relegation fodder - easy win

Les Catalans - bottom 3 side - easy win

Salford - could be tricky - sound win

Wakefield - relegation fodder - easy win

That will see us with - played 13 - won 13.

Gaz_E

Juniors
Lowey3 said:
I'm positive we can do the full season unbeaten.

You're in a minority with your own fans though. Most Saints fans i've spoken too think it's too much of an ask to go unbeaten. I think they could do it if they keep the key players fit (Long, Cunningham, Pryce, Lyon etc), but it would still be a big ask. Saints have started very well, but so did Leeds last year and ended the season with nothing to show for it.

As for the up coming games, Saints in the past have come unstuck in some so called 'easy' fixtures. We'll sit back and see though.

bartman

Immortal
Lowey3 said:
Les Catalans - bottom 3 side - easy win

Salford - could be tricky - sound win
Les Catalans - timed for Stacey Jones' return? - could be difficult if Saints have to adjust to the travel?

I think those two games could well be the mid-season blip. If they are, then the question is will St Helens recover or go into a form slump?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
There is no chance we will go the season unbeaten, none at all. We may manage it at home, or even away but we won't win all our games right through to the Grand Final, its not possible.

jed

First Grade
Out of curiosity, what are the records for most consecutive wins, not just for Saint Helens (I know that pisses someone off ;-)) and also for Superleague?

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
jed said:
Out of curiosity, what are the records for most consecutive wins, not just for Saint Helens (I know that pisses someone off ;-)) and also for Superleague?

Haven't a clue. I would guess that the Super League record is held by either Leeds or Bradford. Both have had winning streaks reach into the 20's I think.

Bradford's defeat against Saints recently was their first in about 20.

WJ

Juniors
Lowey3 said:

Pryce
Gardner
Gilmour
Hardman
Meli
Vinnie Anderson
Wilkin
Fozzard
Roby
Anderson
Faasavalu
Bennett
Graham

Long
Lyon
Cunningham
Wellens

So err what's the deal?

Does anderson miss the hudds box out or put an x in it?

I suppose your bench tonight was enough for you to have a quick wank over yes?

still didn't win you the game.