What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a run in league

Kola Emcee

Juniors
Hey guys,

I'm turning 20 this year and I've played union since I was in year 7 (2002). Played for school until 2007 and played for UNSW last year and this year, but I quit recently because their coaches are favouritist bastards.

So I've been thinking I might use this as a chance to try out playing league for the rest of the season. Never played it before but I'm a diehard follower like all of you, so I know the rules and I'm sure I could switch pretty easily. I'm not the best player in the world so I'm wondering how hard it is to get a crack in teams, especially since from the limited info I've seen online most clubs only have two or three teams I could play in (under 21s and opens), compared to Sydney Subbies Rugby where clubs have colties and sometimes down to 5th grade.

I live in Sans Souci in the St George area but most of the websites of the clubs around here are years old. But yeah I'm 75kg 175cm played flanker most of my life but switched to backs recently.

Any advice on clubs, where I can get a decent run and also how long's left in this season would be appreciated fellas, cheers. :)

Big Mick

Referee
Hey guys,

I'm turning 20 this year and I've played union since I was in year 7 (2002). Played for school until 2007 and played for UNSW last year and this year, but I quit recently because their coaches are favouritist bastards.

So I've been thinking I might use this as a chance to try out playing league for the rest of the season. Never played it before but I'm a diehard follower like all of you, so I know the rules and I'm sure I could switch pretty easily. I'm not the best player in the world so I'm wondering how hard it is to get a crack in teams, especially since from the limited info I've seen online most clubs only have two or three teams I could play in (under 21s and opens), compared to Sydney Subbies Rugby where clubs have colties and sometimes down to 5th grade.

I live in Sans Souci in the St George area but most of the websites of the clubs around here are years old. But yeah I'm 75kg 175cm played flanker most of my life but switched to backs recently.

Any advice on clubs, where I can get a decent run and also how long's left in this season would be appreciated fellas, cheers. :)

Brighton Seagulls, Hurstville United or Kogarah Cougars are your best bet mate.

Kola Emcee

Juniors
Thanks guys, but I've decided to stay in rugby.

Sent a few emails out and Oatley seemed really keen to have me so I'm gonna give them a go.

They're in the same comp as my old club so I can't wait to play against them in 2 months or so!