What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF 2020

Gareth67

First Grade
Actually I thought that it was a great game of attacking football , it was excitement for the entire 80 minutes. Shame that the young panthers missed a number of opportunities and that the Storm seemed to get a bit of a helping hand , but all in all the game was great viewing.

However what amazed me about the game was Bellamy’s antics in the coaches box . That bloke will surely have a stroke or heart attack one of these days - all live on national television . :rage:

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I think every try so far has been correct. Can’t blow up about it. Penrith have had a stack of chances but just come up short
Penrith were very ordinary in the 1st half and caught in the headlights. That big No 11 with the peroxide hairdo was even worse.
Cleary shy'd away from the ball after that intercept until the video ref induced late come back in the 2nd half. Melb deserved winners there tonight. 0 from 2 for Ivan in GF's.

redv13

Bench
Penrith were very ordinary in the 1st half and caught in the headlights. That big No 11 with the peroxide hairdo was even worse.
Cleary shy'd away from the ball after that intercept until the video ref induced late come back in the 2nd half. Melb deserved winners there tonight. 0 from 2 for Ivan in GF's.
Yeah Kikau with 5 handling errors. He is a beast but it’s not the first time his hands have let him down. As for some of their players, their ego’s have been way out of control week after week and the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. Karma pennies, saved the worst for the big dance.

possm

Coach
Ivan Cleary took a leaf out of May's book when he failed to adjust his run on 17 and failed to change his dry weather game plan to a wet weather game plan. Yes luck played a part in the Storm win however, I believe Penrith could have won the game if they kept their errors to a minimum.

rasaint

Juniors
Fair and square win by Storm. All ref decisions were correct. It boiled down to storm took their chances.

I thought Pennies actually got the reffing rub of the green second half. The Hughes send off which was big help was very 50/50.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Fair and square win by Storm. All ref decisions were correct. It boiled down to storm took their chances.

I thought Pennies actually got the reffing rub of the green second half. The Hughes send off which was big help was very 50/50.
This has been their problem for large parts of the season. They look like belting teams but the execution let’s them down and they just win. I was hoping it would click last night but it didn’t.

SaintPeter

Juniors
Crush said ...
Storm Penalty try. Storm 2 penalties in front. 2 disallowed Penrith tries. 1 overturned ref no- try to storm. 1 intercept try storm.
Game over.
Well done to the officials, Cam Smith retires on a high.

100% agree.

Dragon David

First Grade
WTF then comment on a GF thread ??
Yes, WTF. Why bother letting us know that?

Anyway, my thoughts of the GF are that Penrith could not take a trick in the first half. The Storm capitalised on the mistakes Penrith made. I think they were trying too hard and not sticking to the game plan.

Melbourne were lucky with several of their tries but there is always an element of luck in this game and when it comes your way, take it by the scruff of the neck and keep in front with solid defence. Penrith in the second half left their run too late. They almost got there in the end. The scoreline at the end could have been 26-22 had Cleary opted to convert his try but time ran out and chanced a quick try with only seconds to go.

At least these two clubs made the GF. I'm hoping that the Dragons make it to the GF again but when is the question?

Latest posts