What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF Panthers vs Storm

franklin2323

Immortal
He can play centre in a pinch, but he’s not a real utility. Smith can play hooker, lock, halves.

I dunno, I just think May’s best footy has been from the bench. Also been our best team. Weird to change up what’s worked.

Say Api goes down. May to hooker. Capewell to centre

franklin2323

Immortal
Everyone knows defence wins premiership. It's not like playing May over Naden would be a surprise for anyone given that. I wonder if Ivan is only playing Tyone because he didn't give Whare any match fitness earlier.

May has played every position except prop and wing coming counting his time in the lower grades. I don't think Brandon Smith has ever even trained to play in the outside backs little alone started at centre multiple times. And May comes on all the time in the forwards in first grade. He's always coming on and playing lock or second row.

No. Whare's kids go to the same school as my kids do. His wife said Whare was told Ivan wants strong defence but some attack too ( I heard he said the same in post match conference).

Jane Murray

Bench
Gone. Leinu is coming in to belt their pack

By the sounds of things, Ivan have lost his trust in Naden. I assume that this is because of his blood rush in the roosters game? It would not surprise me, if he is gone soon.

On another note, this video makes for great listening.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
By the sounds of things, Ivan have lost his trust in Naden. I assume that this is because of his blood rush in the roosters game? It would not surprise me, if he is gone soon.

On another note, this video makes for great listening.

That is it. Got word of it about 5 weeks ago when he wasn't getting spoken to about a new deal

Fangs

Coach
Matt Burton would have to be a certainty to play centre next year. Its certainly better than trying to make him play in the pack at this age.

Jane Murray

Bench
There’s talk of Melbourne. No idea the veracity though.

I’d like to see Burton get first shot at the spot, but there’s a few other options. To’o might be able to move in, maybe Brayden Mcgrady and then there’s Turuva who’s probably a year or two away.
Highly unlikely Naden will go to the Storm. He has mentioned that he gets home sick often. Travelling to Melbourne to NSW, is problematic, especially during the border lockdown, as we both know.

Highly unlikely Naden will go to the Storm. He has mentioned that he gets home sick often. Travelling to Melbourne to NSW, is problematic, especially during the border lockdown, as we both know.

Who knows, but money can talk.

Either way I definitely get the sense he’s on the way out, it’s a pity I think he could be an excellent winger. We probably don’t have a spot for him, though.