What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF Panthers vs Storm

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'll have to re-watch it at some point. The young fella loves footy and has watched it every morning since it was on. I've, so far, managed to avoid seeing it with work and writing but it's bound to happen eventually. I am NOT looking forward to it...

franklin2323

Immortal
I'll have to re-watch it at some point. The young fella loves footy and has watched it every morning since it was on. I've, so far, managed to avoid seeing it with work and writing but it's bound to happen eventually. I am NOT looking forward to it...

What made it worse was how we dominated the regular season. Then to throw away the game like we did. If Storm played well wouldn't be so bad

You are a better man than me giving it another watch. It will be a long time if ever that I can manage that. It was over 25 years before I watched the 1990 GF again.
headless chooks, the game was there for the taking.

Same here @soc123_au . It took me a tad over 20 years to watch the full version of the 1990 GF, and that was only because it was being shown on Foxtel.

Bloody Joe Vitanza losing the ball.......

To be honest, I didn’t much like what I heard after the event in that:

a. Ivan would not concede that he screwed up with Naden.

b. Nate stating that he’d throw the pass again.

It kind of touches on delusion and it’s self quite serving.

I think they need to own the result, learn and move forward.

Given you should be fronting up to a few more gfs in the next few years at least, there should be a special review of these decisions to help ensure they don’t re occur.

The prep for the gf was obviously an abject failure.

They wouldn’t be the the only people in the game with muddled impressions of sense of self.

Jane Murray

Bench

Given you should be fronting up to a few more gfs in the next few years at least, there should be a special review of these decisions to help ensure they don’t re occur.

They wouldn’t be the the only people in the game with muddled impressions of sense of self.
Still finished higher that what your beloved Tigers did.

The_Frog

First Grade

You're a Tigers fan. You can like it or lump it. You probably should concern yourself more with what went wrong with the club you support, rather than one who outperformed your side by miles. Unless you are happy to run 11th.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You obviously didn't listen to the said interview.......Nathan said he would do the pass again, he said thar he got the execution of the pass wrong.

Nathan Cleary obviously has reflected deeply and quickly about the game and that pass.

So your attempted troll again is a fail.

WestyLife

First Grade

The pass was on. Vunivalu sprinted 20m and jumped on 193cm/6'4 Crichton's shoulders to take that ball. It's a 1 in a million intercept.

WestyLife

First Grade
Yep, even a little less floaty and Melbourne are in trouble there. Still the option to Kikau or a grubber to the corner & it was try time as well.

Exactly. Good vision with a 9 for execution. Just a little more direct like you said and Mansour is in the corner or hit Luai/Kikau. I want him backing himself like that because he'll have more successes than failures as he seems to be the type to really learn from things. I'd bet he's watched the tape on that.

Jane Murray

Bench
You obviously didn't listen to the said interview.......Nathan said he would do the pass again, he said thar he got the execution of the pass wrong.

Nathan Cleary obviously has reflected deeply and quickly about the game and that pass.

So your attempted troll again is a fail.
Silvertail, appears to be lacking in certain areas. We must be kind.

Last edited:
I’m not interested in those who are personally abusing me or the tigers. That’s irrelevant.

If people don’t think the complexion of the game changed once Naden entered the fray, I disagree.

As for the pass, it was one of the big factors that cost the club the gf. I understand people will be qualifying and excusing it, it could have been remote, but not remote enough.

The two clear points I wanted to make was that I expected the Cleary lads to take a stronger ownership of the result. I think it would be a better platform to bounce back from.

Otherwise everyone is being told it’s all good when the feeling in the camp is one of horror and emptiness.

Secondly, the lack of readiness for that first half onslaught by the purple merkins was apparent.

They just didn’t seem like the same side that dominated the comp for the year. No one I know thinks so. They were poor for long passages. Poor completion rates, too much dropped ball.

So the club would be better served by having a review to find out what went wrong and what steps can be taken to prevent another episode.

If people want to interpret this post as some kind of unpleasantness, they are wrong and, very ignorant.

I’d be happy to read people’s views on why a Gf related review would be a bad thing, why it wouldn’t offer any options and help Ivan.

If there’s a ghost in the machine, you try to exorcise it don’t you?

Jane Murray

Bench
I’m not interested in those who are personally abusing me or the tigers. That’s irrelevant.

If people don’t think the complexion of the game changed once Naden entered the fray, I disagree.

As for the pass, it was one of the big factors that cost the club the gf. I understand people will be qualifying and excusing it, it could have been remote, but not remote enough.

The two clear points I wanted to make was that I expected the Cleary lads to take a stronger ownership of the result. I think it would be a better platform to bounce back from.

Otherwise everyone is being told it’s all good when the feeling in the camp is one of horror and emptiness.

Secondly, the lack of readiness for that first half onslaught by the purple merkins was apparent.

They just didn’t seem like the same side that dominated the comp for the year. No one I know thinks so. They were poor for long passages. Poor completion rates, too much dropped ball.

So the club would be better served by having a review to find out what went wrong and what steps can be taken to prevent another episode.

Why are you continuing on with your dribble? Grow up.
If people want to interpret this post as some kind of unpleasantness, they are wrong and, very ignorant.

I’d be happy to read people’s views on why a Gf related review would be a bad thing, why it wouldn’t offer any options and help Ivan.

If there’s a ghost in the machine, you try to exorcise it don’t you?

The_Frog

First Grade
While I don't necessarily agree with Silverdale, I'm all for other supporters giving their opinion especially if they're well thought out. FFS stop being so sensitive, the constant whinging is ruining good conversations.
I think his expecting the Clearys to confess their sins in the wake of a losing GF is borne of his own issues with them not being at his club, and thus unhelpful.

Sure it did, and he and a pretty fair half a game. But he didn't have to be targeted in the first half, someone else took that load for him. The whole team lifted their game in the second half, and we started to get the calls as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts