What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gibbs

Eddie.

Bench
Well he always sails close to the wind, hes clumsy and he paid for it tonight and the team paid for it.

Hes too much of a risk to have out there, to many dumb penalties for high shots and lying in the ruck.

Judicary will deal with him this week i think.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He'll be gone for a while.

It wasnt overly late and he probably couldn't have pulled out, but the elbow was up. Stupid.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I thought he'd be sent off too, especially after the Newton incident last night, thats young bryceys biggest flaw and he may well've just paid for it.

innsaneink

Referee
Not impressed with him at all, if he was making big meters then his liabilities would be easy to live with, but he just dont do it for me yet. hes not ready.

dunno about clumsy i just think he hates the broncos
hes only ever been like that in 2 games this year and they were both against the broncos(hes shot on webcke)

so im sure he just hates them just as much as i do ;-)

TigerMo

Juniors
Every game he has to make atleast 1 high tackle. Someone should teach him to tackle low, It's costing us big time.

TigerMo

Juniors
Mate, he's costing us too many penalties which is not needed. There is nothing worse than giving away stupid penalties and that is what he is doing everytime.

westie

Bench
If his agression can be controlled he will be a very handy player.

Can some one give me a bit of an idea about the high shot. 2GB were telling me one thing, ABC another and the ref talking to the video ref said it was a shoulder.

Tigerpete

Juniors
It was close, hardly late as some might say, i dont know if he really could've pulled out of it. To me it looked like he was just trying to put pressure on McGuire, and it looks like contact was made around the shoulder bone and then onto the neck as it slide up, for me not a lot in it really.

Tigerpete

Juniors
i'd say it was his forearm really, but i need to see it again to be sure. i've only seen what i saw at the time last night. Looked like he was trying ot bump him off using his shoulder but he didnt exactly execute it right.

jirskyr

Juniors
I think Gibbsie was hard done-by.

His two penalties:

1. "Late hit" on McGuire: I think the shot was just a touch late. But the point of contact was the shoulder. At the same time, McGuire was sliding downwards in motion. Gibbsie pretty much put on a shoulder charge on the kicker, if a bit late. Penalisable but not severe. And defn not worth sending off for.

2. "High shot" on Ikin in the first half: VERY unlucky call. Gibbsie comes from the side and smothers Ikin who was attacking the line. Contact is with the arm across the left shoulder and forearm on the chest. A harsh call for mine.

In Gibbsie's defence, I'd like to have a bloke who can enforce a little. The Tigers do not have any players atm who dominate one-on-one tackles. Gibbsie, although a little clumsy, has good stopping power in defence.

Eg Morely makes many many more high tackles than Gibbsie, but the Roosters want him to enforce.

Kid

Juniors
tigerdan said:
i thought it was shoulder. wasnt late, i wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt get charged
I agree. Personally i didn't think it was even a penalty, and i don't think the ref did either, he only called it after the touchie ran on. Bryce is inexperienced and young. The only way for him to get that experience is to be out there. Sure he gave away a couple of penalties, but to be honest, i thought the ref was being pedantic against us with high shots.

innsaneink

Referee
tigerdan said:
i thought it was shoulder. wasnt late, i wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt get charged

I thought it was the forearm or almost the elbow and was almost certain he'd be marched.
Though i suppose vision of Clint Newton the nite before was fresh in my mind and possibly affected my thinking.

tiger_nick

Bench
I was watching the game with a Sharks fan who hasnt seen Gibbs much. Before the forearm to McGuire (not elbow it was forearm) he was saying how much he loved Bryce going on about how aggressive he was in defence and giving it to the Brisbane forwards. He went high a few times however its great to see that aggression.

That said now it is happening EVERY game and it is costing us. Also it has to be worrying when a 19 year old has been cited what 3 times now?? Seiously I don't want a Craig Smith here that gets run out of the game.

One thing I will say is that his aggression is not matched in his hit ups. He braces himself at the line.

innsaneink

Referee
One thing I will say is that his aggression is not matched in his hit ups. He braces himself at the line.
As does Patto, and to a lesser extent Payten and Skando.

Interesting to see the joel clinton of old back last nite....I watched him with envy....Im hoping Meredith will hit it up like I have seen him do in the past....no brakes right at the end with him.

steven_tiger

Juniors
on first view i though it was a head clash.

second view i thought it was his shoulder

third view i still see more houlder than elbow.

however, it wasnt late, he couldnt have pulled out, but it was high.

he should have maybe got 10 minutes, and a 5 or 6 week suspension.

Latest posts