What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gidley's Shoulder

Rod

Bench
Kurt just tweeted that he's definitely not out for the year, but they're still waiting for the results of the scan to know how many weeks. He said they are hoping for around 4.

Good news.

Jono078

Referee
Good news indeed. Will cause a bit of a dilemma if whoever comes in stars at 5/8th though. Gidley the super sub?

Anyway hope he recovers well and then performs well in the halves again.

Whats Doing

Bench
The only problem is that the injury appeared to come from a very innocuous tackle which may indicate that it could easily occur again which only surgery could fix.

Certainly want to make sure he doesn't come back too early

Yosh

Coach
Hmm... Hope he isn't rushed back too quickly. We have enough quality in the squad to cover for his absense. Hope you get better real soon though Kidley!

Silent Knight

First Grade
Hmm... Hope he isn't rushed back too quickly. We have enough quality in the squad to cover for his absense. Hope you get better real soon though Kidley!

With Hickman in charge now there won't be any players rushed back prematurely (e.g. Taia and De Gois for the 2009 semi). Amateur hour is over and Bennett is renowned for looking after his players' welfare.

Serc

First Grade
Re: 2009 - De Gois was unlucky to cop a heavy knock on the same spot, Taia was probably brought back too early though.

Pika

Bench
With Hickman in charge now there won't be any players rushed back prematurely (e.g. Taia and De Gois for the 2009 semi). Amateur hour is over and Bennett is renowned for looking after his players' welfare.

Hickman is the last person who gets a say on a players return.

Cleared by Doctor

Cleared by physio after contact

Ultimately it is the plyers decision after the Physio and Doc give the nod.

Hickman is the S&C coordinator, he does not even train the rehab group let alone get involved in the decision to make an injured player available for selection.

Both Taia and DeGois were cleared by the same Doctor and the same Physio currently at the Club under Bennett.

About the only thing different now is Bennett may over rule the player, which as you say, is a very real possibility.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Hickman is the last person who gets a say on a players return.

Cleared by Doctor

Cleared by physio after contact

Ultimately it is the plyers decision after the Physio and Doc give the nod.

Hickman is the S&C coordinator, he does not even train the rehab group let alone get involved in the decision to make an injured player available for selection.

Both Taia and DeGois were cleared by the same Doctor and the same Physio currently at the Club under Bennett.

About the only thing different now is Bennett may over rule the player, which as you say, is a very real possibility.

I stand corrected. In hindsight I don't think I'll talk about the internal aspects of the club again because there are better informed people (like yourself Pika) that understand the rehab process.

Serc

First Grade
lol and I thought I was close too...oh well the main point of my post was because there's been a few posts lately giving the impression that there were a lot of silly decisions from the staff and we'd employed people who had very little idea on what they were doing pre 2012. Sure we are much better resourced now and have the $$$ to employ the best, but it doesn't mean the majority of the people in the 'old days' were bumbling twits. All it means now is that there aren't as many limiting factors (eg: $$$, now have the best coach in the game etc etc) which enable better recruiting (players and staff), decision making which leads to better results in all departments.

PS: SK, leave it to Ian, he is the expert :p

Pika

Bench
I stand corrected. In hindsight I don't think I'll talk about the internal aspects of the club again because there are better informed people (like yourself Pika) that understand the rehab process.

Don't sweat it mate.

It was a reasonable speculation.

slotmachine

First Grade
Gidley's body seems to be paying the price for his whole hearted style of play.

He's signed till 2015 so this might be his last contract with us.

perverse

Referee
i'm sure that i'm not the only one here that wasn't phased when he hobbled off. none of us are willing to say it, but i don't know where we can play him. he's become a man without a position in our team, now that Boyd is here... and i'm still yet to be convinced that he can actually be a part of a well executed gameplan. his brain farts are just so numerous. he's all passion and effort, and i love the bloke for it... but is he actually our best option at 5/8th at the moment?

Bennett still regards him as "one of the best in the game"... but i don't fear for our chances when he's not on the field anymore.

the question on everyones mind should be what happens if we play better footy over the next month without him on the field? is Lock completely out of the question (probably, given our abundance of Locks)?

Last edited:
If Darius fires at 5/8 will Wayne move Gids back to fullback? Darius reminds me of a bigger version of Locky. I know i said moving him from fullback is a bad idea but he could prove the 6 is where he belongs. I think Brisbane have good reason to be concerned if Boyd is at first or second receiver.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
If Darius fires at 5/8 will Wayne move Gids back to fullback? Darius reminds me of a bigger version of Locky. I know i said moving him from fullback is a bad idea but he could prove the 6 is where he belongs. I think Brisbane have good reason to be concerned if Boyd is at first or second receiver.

His defense from fullback is too fantastic to be moved imo. He is magical back there. It's kinda weird seeing someone so skillful playing on our team...:crazy:

Big Tim

First Grade
His defense from fullback is too fantastic to be moved imo. He is magical back there.

Kurt's defense back there is also very good, but Boyd has this ability to turn a 2 on 1, into an intercept. Every time he dos it I am amazed.

Latest posts