What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Girls crash and learn at Sydney Smooth Stiletto Sprint

Bulldog Force

Referee
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24281640-5001021,00.html

THEY say you should never get between a woman and her shoes. In this case, it's probably best to avoid the surrounding area too.

It was on for young and old at the Smooth Stiletto Sprint today at Circular Quay as hundreds of women raced in their heels.
And the event wasn’t without dramas - with several sole sisters twisting their ankles and hitting the ground. Hard.

As people and heels flew, some women couldn’t escape injury - one competitor even saying her decision to enter the competition was a big mistake.

“About 6 girls in front of me fell and two or three heels started spiking up at me,” she said, pointing to a long cut on her leg.

0622959900.jpg

0622960200.jpg

0622960400.jpg

0622961300.jpg

0622962100.jpg

The Preacher

First Grade
Where'd you end up BF ??? Did you get a top 10 finish or just get a ladder in your stockings ???

Bulldog Force

Referee
Thanks for the heads up ;-)

BTW the first line of your signature...

I've been to stadia that never close down

Stadia??

The Gambler

Juniors
It didn't want it to come to this...

Back to basics:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stadia

sta·di·um
Pronunciation[stey-dee-uh
thinsp.png
m] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -di·ums, -di·a 1.a sports arena, usually oval or horseshoe-shaped, with tiers of seats for spectators. 2.an ancient Greek course for foot races, typically semicircular, with tiers of seats for spectators. 3.an ancient Greek and Roman unit of length, the Athenian unit being equal to about 607 feet (185 m). 4.a stage in a process or in the life of an organism. 5.Entomology. stage (def. 11b).

It didn't want it to come to this...

Bulldog Force

Referee
Why are we talking about plurals now?

I simply would've said:

I've been to stadiums that never close down

just like the song goes...

I've been to cities that never close down.