What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GIVE DUFTY A GO

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I dont think size is the issue to be honest. And I do believe he deserves a crack at 1st grade, after all it is every players dream who laces up a pair of footy boots.
I guess the concern for me is an injury and for me that would be a disaster for the U20's. Interestingly they've lost the last 2 games he hasn't played.
I'm well aware he could pick up an injury in any grade, at any time and a lot of people would assume that could happen, and be more serious in 1st's.
So, for me the U20's need him (and where the real chance of finals footy awaits), 1st grade doesn't.
But I have no problem "giving him a go".

I also remember my old coach telling me many moons ago:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

GKJ79

Juniors
Wow.... straight on the attack? Haha sorry for having an opinion.
Its fans like you that give the dragons a bad name.
Go get a box of tissues for your issues buddy.
Im entitled to my opinion, if u dont like it... tough titties!!!
But to jump on and say my brain is too small... hahaha grow up u clown.
If he is promoted and has a shocker clowns like u will be the first ones to jump up and down and blame mary for rushing him...
Some fans u just cant win with... now go along and wipe ur tears u sook.

Hey clown, supporters like you are the reason we lose our juniors, because you, like Mcgregor think they are too small, and not ready, aww their feelings might get hurt if they have a bad game, maybe you can give them some tissues to wipe away their tears if they have a shocker, its first grade rugby league, not pre school, they are men, maybe you need to ween yourself off the breast milk, and start toilet training.....sook.

P.S Mary is a dickhead, and never had any intention of rushing them, he was just happy to sit back and let another club, come and steal them from us, funny that once other clubs started to show interest, our 2 most promising juniors, Leilua, and Dufty make their first grade debuts.

The Doc

Juniors
Hey clown, supporters like you are the reason we lose our juniors, because you, like Mcgregor think they are too small, and not ready, aww their feelings might get hurt if they have a bad game, maybe you can give them some tissues to wipe away their tears if they have a shocker, its first grade rugby league, not pre school, they are men, maybe you need to ween yourself off the breast milk, and start toilet training.....sook.

P.S Mary is a dickhead, and never had any intention of rushing them, he was just happy to sit back and let another club, come and steal them from us, funny that once other clubs started to show interest, our 2 most promising juniors, Leilua, and Dufty make their first grade debuts.
Baaaahahaha oh my oh my oh my... someone has there period!!!!
So a 19 year old is "a man" worthy of first grade? Haha u sound like a pure fool.
Iv never once doubted his ability, or denied his speed...
But if u think with his stick figure frame he wont get smashed into the middle of next year then u are dumber then your posts make u out to be, if thats at all possible!!!
By the way, i stated my opinion... u jumped in and insulted me like a little muppet on his man periods!!!
Its a forum buddy, not every one of us runs for the kitchen knife to slit our wrists over a game!!!
If u dont like my opinion, simply ignore and move on... dont be a keyboard hero throwing insults.
Now go shove another tampon or 2 in ur man hole and eat a tub of ice cream.

GKJ79

Juniors
So if a youngster thinks he is ready... then he is ready?
Good logic.
The kid will get smashed at his size... a severe injury will ruin his future alot more then waiting till next year and putting on a few kgs.

Yeah, it is good logic, but you are too thick to see it, Jack Bird supposedly wasn't ready either, gee that worked out great for the Dragons didn't it?, do you want us to lose Dufty or something The Doc?, why don't you go down to training and tell him, hes to small, and your fearful for his safety, Because he might get smashed, hahaha, he would probably call you a loser, and tell you too piss off, and rightly so, supporters with views like your's, are the very reason we lose players like jack bird.

The Doc

Juniors
Yeah, it is good logic, but you are too thick to see it, Jack Bird supposedly wasn't ready either, gee that worked out great for the Dragons didn't it?, do you want us to lose Dufty or something The Doc?, why don't you go down to training and tell him, hes to small, and your fearful for his safety, Because he might get smashed, hahaha, he would probably call you a loser, and tell you too piss off, and rightly so, supporters with views like your's, are the very reason we lose players like jack bird.
Hey num nuts... heres a few names... Cameron king... beau henry... jackson hastins, that fat kid that the roosters signed keru or whatever his name was...damien cook (where is he now??), all these youngers that had the world at there feet in under 20s... where are they now?
Hmmmm thats right, lets just hang on to jack bird and sook forever about that.
Grow up u clown, ur a sook, go follow the bulldogs, ur acting exeactly like one of there supporters.
Jack bird was a loss... but shit happens... not every youngster is going to make it in first grade.
Go shove the whole box of tampons in ur man hole...

GKJ79

Juniors
Baaaahahaha oh my oh my oh my... someone has there period!!!!
So a 19 year old is "a man" worthy of first grade? Haha u sound like a pure fool.
Iv never once doubted his ability, or denied his speed...
But if u think with his stick figure frame he wont get smashed into the middle of next year then u are dumber then your posts make u out to be, if thats at all possible!!!
By the way, i stated my opinion... u jumped in and insulted me like a little muppet on his man periods!!!
Its a forum buddy, not every one of us runs for the kitchen knife to slit our wrists over a game!!!
If u dont like my opinion, simply ignore and move on... dont be a keyboard hero throwing insults.
Now go shove another tampon or 2 in ur man hole and eat a tub of ice cream.

Haha, periods, tissues, tampons, slit wrists, keyboard warrior, blah blah blah, yet your the one that keeps crapping on, that Duftys too small, stick figure frame, he will get smashed hahaha, i think your a little confused about who's wearing the tampons, enjoy your ice cream looooooser.

The Doc

Juniors
Haha, periods, tissues, tampons, slit wrists, keyboard warrior, blah blah blah, yet your the one that keeps crapping on, that Duftys too small, stick figure frame, he will get smashed hahaha, i think your a little confused about who's wearing the tampons, enjoy your ice cream looooooser.
Hahaha u jump on and attack someone for giving there opinion... and carry on like a f@#king goose... and then throw an insult back at me that i directed at you??
Hahahahahaha get a life buddy...

GKJ79

Juniors
Hey num nuts... heres a few names... Cameron king... beau henry... jackson hastins, that fat kid that the roosters signed keru or whatever his name was...damien cook (where is he now??), all these youngers that had the world at there feet in under 20s... where are they now?
Hmmmm thats right, lets just hang on to jack bird and sook forever about that.
Grow up u clown, ur a sook, go follow the bulldogs, ur acting exeactly like one of there supporters.
Jack bird was a loss... but shit happens... not every youngster is going to make it in first grade.
Go shove the whole box of tampons in ur man hole...

Wow, more gay man hole talk, and tampons, you have serious issues, anyway back to those players, cameron king, an extremely promising footballer who's career was ruined by injury, and as for the rest of the players you name, if you think they had the world at their feet, good luck to you, but im talking about not letting Dufty, Leilua...etc...etc...become the next jack bird, because this is the most promising batch of youngsters we have had for a long time, and they deserve their chance in the first grade side now, and making excuses about this or that, for not giving them a crack, just gives them more reason to look else where, if you were matt dufty, in the current situation, with injuries etc...etc...would you be happy constantly getting overlooked for Quinlan all the time? Mmmm dumb question, you probably would be, because your scared, of getting smashed, but it certainly would not be very motivating for Dufty having someone like Quinlan constantly picked, when Dufty desperately wants to have a taste of first grade, thank christ Mcgregor is finally giving him his opportunity, you had better not watch though, it might be a little too much for you, if he was to get tackled too hard, you might never recover, wait until he's having game number 50, im sure that will be plenty of time for you to prepare yourself.

The Doc

Juniors
Wow, more gay man hole talk, and tampons, you have serious issues, anyway back to those players, cameron king, an extremely promising footballer who's career was ruined by injury, and as for the rest of the players you name, if you think they had the world at their feet, good luck to you, but im talking about not letting Dufty, Leilua...etc...etc...become the next jack bird, because this is the most promising batch of youngsters we have had for a long time, and they deserve their chance in the first grade side now, and making excuses about this or that, for not giving them a crack, just gives them more reason to look else where, if you were matt dufty, in the current situation, with injuries etc...etc...would you be happy constantly getting overlooked for Quinlan all the time? Mmmm dumb question, you probably would be, because your scared, of getting smashed, but it certainly would not be very motivating for Dufty having someone like Quinlan constantly picked, when Dufty desperately wants to have a taste of first grade, thank christ Mcgregor is finally giving him his opportunity, you had better not watch though, it might be a little too much for you, if he was to get tackled too hard, you might never recover, wait until he's having game number 50, im sure that will be plenty of time for you to prepare yourself.
Hahaha ur nothing but a moron. The kid resigned for 2 years, WHILE STILL PLAYING IN THE 20s!!!!
No one doubts he will kick ass in first grade... ur just to stupid to understand logic.
Anyways f#@k off and go annoy someone else.
If u dont like my opinions, then i really couldnt give a flying f#@k.
If he plays first grade ill cheer him on... and hope he gets through unscathed...
And if he doesnt get picked... ill understand the logic behind it.
Like i said, feel free to f#@k off now. Ur getting on my nerves. I dont like the keyboard warrior shit. It seems to be ur forte though... pussy in real life so u act tough on forums.
Now for real f@#k off.

TheRev

First Grade
There are a couple on here that take Duftys size/age very personally im afraid.. and dont quite understand the workings of a discussion forum.

Another pre-season for Dufty and another 6+ months of growing can only be a good thing for him.. I would have preferred to see that development happen in NSW Cup (and it may well be the case), but since this 1st grade season is over anyway, and in particular while Dugan is injured, I dont think a couple of games in 1sts would be a bad thing at all, it doesnt really matter if he makes some errors, its easier now than in 2017 during a live season, where players get crucified for their errors (Refer to .. Kurt Mann & to some extent Latrell Mitchell)... but Id also completely understand if Mary wants to wait.. either way id expect Dufty to finish up in 20's for the finals run... there are only 4 rounds left, so we shall see!

The Doc

Juniors
There are a couple on here that take Duftys size/age very personally im afraid.. and dont quite understand the workings of a discussion forum.

Another pre-season for Dufty and another 6+ months of growing can only be a good thing for him.. I would have preferred to see that development happen in NSW Cup (and it may well be the case), but since this 1st grade season is over anyway, and in particular while Dugan is injured, I dont think a couple of games in 1sts would be a bad thing at all, it doesnt really matter if he makes some errors, its easier now than in 2017 during a live season, where players get crucified for their errors (Refer to .. Kurt Mann & to some extent Latrell Mitchell)... but Id also completely understand if Mary wants to wait.. either way id expect Dufty to finish up in 20's for the finals run... there are only 4 rounds left, so we shall see!
I dont think his errors would be a concern rev... he is pretty safe under the high ball... and support play is exceptional.
For me personally i think the physicality of first grade ( and the big hits by big men) would be the only real concern.
Jack Bird had size... he was physically ready for first grade... im not too sure dufty is ready physically.

Uplifting

Juniors
I agree with those who say that young guns can be promoted directly to 1st grade. Isn't that what the Sharks did with J Bird after all?

For those who worry about Dufty's 'lack of size' should take another look at our captain. Plus, he's not playing in the front row, he's already got all the physical attributes needed for a winger, where I'd like to see him. Quinlan has played well at the back. Let's have Duges, Quinlan and Dufty all in the team.

blacksafake

First Grade

Wise words Rev.
As for some saying what will happen to him if players like Kasiano etc hit him well the same could be said for any fullback who brings the ball back to players of this size.

V

Vasilevsky

The Doc, why the f**k do people have this facination about players being too small and needing to bulk up, you dont need to be big to play first grade, and you dont need to waste a season playing in the shitty nsw cup either, the under 20's is a better comp, and special talents like Dufty and Leilua should not be wasted in the nsw cup reject bin, all the other clubs identify similar talent, and they are straight into first grade, thats why they keep their juniors, and we lose ours, heres a news article i just read, Dufty was the catalyst in the cutters come from behind win against manly today, setting up 2 tries, Demetriou was absolutely stoked with his performance, and Mcgregor is likely to give him his first grade debut this coming weekend, he has also just inked a new 2 year deal to stay at the Dragons, thank f**king christ, also reported that Hutchison had a fine game, especially his kicking, something the Dragons have lacked for a major part of the season, and he too will be playing either this coming weekend, or next, Mcgregor has obviously been tapped on the shoulder by someone, because it was only 2 or 3 weeks ago, that when asked in the press conference about, Dufty, Leilua, Hutchison etc...etc...he came up with some bullshit about having used 27 players, 3rd tier salary cap, blah blah blah, and then the fans really start to get the shits, and hey presto, Leilua, debut, closely followed by Dufty and Hutchinson in the coming weeks, Mcgregor knows he's in trouble, and he's now hoping that giving the kids a go is going to save him, I honestly think that Demetriou is starting to have much more involvement,
and McGregor, and Benji are dead men walking, hopefully rein too, I would love to see Demetriou take over, and be given a caretaker coach role from Mcgregor, until the club can find a suitable replacement,

I'm not an expert but if I were to venture a guess, I would say size is important because guys who are too small will get smashed, lose confidence and get injured.

BringTheNoise

Juniors

I'm of the belief that if you're good enough then you're big enough and/or old enough.

And there are plenty of players throughout the history of the NRL to back that theory up.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
There is no doubt that Dufty needs some "bulk". At 80kg he's on the light side.
Nathan Cleary is 92kg and Te Maire Martin is 87kg are just for comparison to him.
This, however; shouldn't prevent Dufty from playing at the top level. A couple if games in 1sts will give him the knowledge if what is required and what he needs to focus on in the off season.