What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give Soward a crack

evil_p091280

Juniors
I know there will be a lot of people who will come on here and bag him, say no way, or call him the milkman. But if you ask me, he is just what the NSW team need.

- best long kicking game in the comp
- has speed
- great passer either side long or short
- five eight of the year last year and 3rd in dally m

the only criticism seems to be of his defence which has improved tenfold this year and that he allegedly chokes. Now from memory last year, against brisbane I thought he went pretty well in the semi final. He was let down moreso by his team.

Anyway, just a thought, but a nsw halves combo of him and pearce could carve up for the next 5 years.

Also those who say he doesn't perform well in big games, eels are second favourotes for comp and soward carved them up pretty good tonight (with the help of boyd). If you don't believe me, watch the replay.

Just my 2 cents but a soward/pearce combo would be better in 2010 and the future than a Barrett/gidley or gidley/kimmorley any day of the week.

Cheers

evil_p091280

Juniors
If he guaranteed a performance like tonight every week I wouldn't disagree (although ge may struggle at prop)...

patzz_

Juniors
When we lost against Brisbane last yr I though Sowie and Morris were almost our only effective players..

He has everything but his defence is really lacking. Probably worse than Lockyer and he's almost ten years older than Soward. If he has someone looking out for him in that regard, sure, chuck him in. Lockyer always had/has Carroll and Thaiday.

AuDragon

Juniors
He has everything but his defence is really lacking. Probably worse than Lockyer and he's almost ten years older than Soward. If he has someone looking out for him in that regard, sure, chuck him in. Lockyer always had/has Carroll and Thaiday.

Yeah, give him Creagh... The Enforcer!
:lol::lol::lol:

I definitely support Soward at 5/8. Can it be done for Origin II please?:sarcasm:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
He needs to show more leadership on the field IMO. Has the talent and is probably mature enough, but its time for him to take control away from Hornby.

I feel the same with Pearce, when he gets back, Id say a couple more games of controling the team like he has a few times this year and he will be ready.

Boganater

Juniors
He's a good player though he doesn't break tackles or take on the line enough in my eyes. I think he would be great to bring on (like Matty Bowen) in the last 20 mins to use his speed to our advantage against tired legs.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
He's a good player though he doesn't break tackles or take on the line enough in my eyes. I think he would be great to bring on (like Matty Bowen) in the last 20 mins to use his speed to our advantage against tired legs.

If you want a Matt Bowen like impact, Preston Campbell is the man.

I'm warming to the idea of Soward.

We could have the fastest man in the world over 40m and also the biggest man in the world, Jamal.

badav

Bench
I know there will be a lot of people who will come on here and bag him, say no way, or call him the milkman. But if you ask me, he is just what the NSW team need.

- best long kicking game in the comp
- has speed
- great passer either side long or short
- five eight of the year last year and 3rd in dally m

I don't disagree that he's in great form and probably deserves a shot but he has a pretty glaring weakness passing long from left to right. Watch what option he takes in a situation where this pass might be on.

beads6

First Grade
All Soward really has is a good kicking game... It would be wonderful for QLD if he gets picked at five-eigth. Carney is the man.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
NSW's attack is non-existent, we really need some flamboyant attacking players. We never look like scoring, only off a lucky break or a bomb.
1. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Pearce
9. Farah/Ennis (although both have been very disappointing in origin)
13. Lewis

14. Soward

Who cares if Inglis runs over Soward/Carney a few times, at least we actually have a chance of feeding some quality ball to our backs.

beads6

First Grade
Soward on the bench would be a waste for you blokes, much better option is Greg Bird. He can play in the 6 and in the centres and backrow. Utility player is overrated unless you have a very good one like Berrigan.

Slackboy72

Coach
Does everyone forget how well he went outside Thurston in the AllStar game? I really think Hornby is holding Soward back as he needs to play outside a half who attacks the line.
NSW could do with a good kicking game and he reads opposition kicks close to the line so well.
But really, his form this year hasn't warranted rep selection.

Red Bear

Referee
I thought Soward, particularly first half, was highly sh*t last night. His attempts at taking the line on were laughable and when he got put away down the right hand sidehe had support on his inside that he ignored and was promptly tackled.
Passing game is nothing special, defence average as all hell.
Excellent kicking game, but not many more strings to his bow. Overall he's been down on last years form.
Would be a star in rugby union.

RedVfaithful

Juniors
He would provide more than kimmorly or lyon. he has a great passing game, kicking game, speed and has alot of heart..
But i guess he is nsw and he is small so he will never get a turn at that level

Latest posts