What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sorry, it was worth asking the question though. I'm afraid thats the limit of my knowledge. I've heard of people retrieving data using DOS commands but dont know about images.

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Give this link a try Attila.
It has some usefull info about windows programs and a good discussion forum (though pretty crappy laid out) with many smart people helping the every day Norm. I don't know if your answer is there, but if it is not, you can pose a question or do a search;you may alsofind some other usefull stuff.
The discussion forum entrance link is on the left hand column about mid way scroll down.
[url]http://www.annoyances.org[/url]

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Also Attila,
<center>Are Deleted Files Completely Erased?</center> <table cellspacing=2 cellpadding=7 width="90%" align=center border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td>A common misconception when deleting files is that they are completely removed from the hard drive. However, users should be aware that highly sensitive data can still be retrieved from a hard drive even after the files have been deleted because the data is not really gone. Files that are moved to the recycle bin (on PCs) or the trash can (on Macs) stay in those folders until the user empties the recycle bin or trash can. Once they have been deleted from those folders, they are still located in the hard drive and can be retrieved with the right software. Any time that a file is deleted from a hard drive, it is not erased. What is erased is the bit of information that points to the location of the file on the hard drive. The operating system uses these pointers to build the directory tree structure (the file allocation table), which consists of the pointers for every other file on the hard drive. When the pointer is erased, the file essentially becomes invisible to the operating system. The file still exists; the operating system just doesn't know how to find it. It is, however, relatively easy to retrieve deleted files with the right software. The only way to completely erase a file with no trace is to overwrite the data. The operating system will eventually overwrite files that have no pointers in the directory tree structure, so the longer an unpointed file remains in the hard drive the greater the probability that it has been overwritten. There are also many "file erasing" software products currently on the market that will automatically permanently erase files by overwriting them. </td></tr></tbody></table>

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Finally Attila a reply from a question asked by a forum member at another URL,
Chris B. gave me his two cents: I suggest downloading the FREEWARE program "PC Inspector File Recovery" available from WebAttack at [url]http://www.webattack.com/freeware[/url]; the download is about 2.9 MB. This program will recover anything -- except erased or wiped files, of course. Note: this is not Spyware / Adware. It's really free!
A few mouse-clicks and you will have your file back. There is a no-brainer short tutorial in the help file. You can recover the deleted file from the "Recycled" folder (it will have a different name), or even better from the original folder if you can remember where you originally deleted it from (it will have the same name as the original). Save the recovered file where you want.
smiley+tongue.gif

V

Vertigo

This is not a question of any sorts,and I didn't feel the need to initiate a new thread topic, but as a motorcycle enthusiestit interests me and may interest others here.
Featured in the current (US) Edition of Maxim Magazine.
V.
<hr>
<span>Silver Bullet!</span>
Finally, a man-made machine that can smoke the Road Runner.
<span>Maxim, March 2003</span>
<span></span>What do postmodern industrial art enthusiasts, speed freaks, and Tron fans have in common? They’re all eager to take a spin on the Dodge Tomahawk, a futuristic superbike that has all the power of a Dodge Viper without all the prissy “safety” provided by the body of an actual car. Built around the same 500 hp V-10 engine that propels the Viper from zero to 60 in less than four vertebrae-snapping seconds, the 1,500-pound Tomahawk—it needs four tires to support its bulk—has a theoretical top speed in excess of 300 mph. The bike’s true limits have yet to be tested; turns out Dodge execs are reluctant to let a suicidal maniac blast off on their machined-aluminum masterpiece. So why’d they sculpt this beast? Because they could. “We’re thinking of maybe building about 100,” says company spokesman Dave Elshoff. “Since they’re built by hand, the price would put them in reach of rock stars and pro athletes.” In other words, several hundred thou would probably cover the cost of the bike, fuel, and a modest casket. Beep! Beep!
5102.jpg

Give mea cabin with doorsanyday.
The Geneva motor show
0,3600,240353,00.jpg

Porsche revealed its supercar Carrera GT in production form. The shape is unchanged but the figures are uncompromising: two seats, 1380kg weight, 456kW of power and 590Nm of torque. Carrera GT drivers can go from 0-100km/h in 3.9 seconds if they so wish.

V

Vertigo

Why is their a "recommendation" tag against every thread?
Is this a new policy LWOS is deploying?
V.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No mate... I think its just the oneye family working overtime and promoting the site.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
...at least I think its our adopted son. All indicators point towardsone bored bugger... harmless enough in any case.

V

Vertigo

I actually don't mind it myself, Willow.
Makes both the page, and the boards as a whole, look more appealing to the "lurker" or the "potential member" thinking at joining. It's a shame that some threads are far from recommendation material, though. ;}
I know what you mean by the one bored bugger tag, Willow. To each their ownI guess.
It's all good.
V.

I don't know who it is, have an idea but,but I bet my weeks wages that he/she has broadband connection.
I remember a few days ago one evening,the recommendations were appearing two or three threads at a time quicker than I could refresh the messages page...and I'm using a dial-up modem on a pretty fast PC.
But like Willow said "harmless enough in any case"
Good luck to 'em.
'fan-baller

V

Vertigo

IsRetread from Grandstand the same person as Tigertread from LWOS?
V.

V

Vertigo

Oh...thank you Tigertread.
I was asking because, well,Iwas just reading the thread over at Grandstand where.....
Nevermind.
V.

C

CanadianSteve

Just to get the 900, what side of the road do you drive on in Aus and NZ?

Latest posts