What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go the Poms

eels_fan_01

Bench
You know who i feel sorry for....those english commentators Eddie and Stevo. Since they started commentating GB has never beaten Australia in a series.

I will always remember........oh Kimmerlys gone though, Ricketson...Ricketson scores, oh no we have lost the ashes 3 nil in the final minutes of play.

Mr Saab

Referee
eels_fan_01 said:
I believe you said that about the Australia/Kiwis games and we only won by the maximum of 12 points.

Game one should have been 13+. Inglis was robbed of a try, and then they scored with 10 secs to go.
Game two i backed the 1-12 for Australia and at the nice price of 3.60.

I will be getting on 13+ for Australia this weekend. Easy money...although it will probably pay 1.60 and the start to the Poms will be around 16.5-18.5

WJ

Juniors
It'll be a repeat of the melbourne test in 92, when gb kicked your sorry convict butts.

Gb will shock the odds.

screeny

Bench
Sharkie™ said:
Did anyone else think Stuart Fielden talked the talk but cant walk the walk?He was pathetic last night. so much for him and the other great britian forwards being physical bar Lee Gilmour.

If u gonna talk yourself up like he did he should atleast ATTEMPT to back it up. Poor showing stuart, i was expecting alot more from you.

Australia is gonna eat GB alive, im predicting 30+ but i hope they prove me wrong, i wanna see a contest.

I was very surprised he played so little, but I read later he was carrying an injury sustained early on in the game.

I am no fan of Peacock, but he did us proud yesterday.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Lookin forward to the game next week, but if GB play like they did against NZL they'll get hammered. Morely can spark em up a bit, as long he doesnt get his marching orders. Long, well can anyone in the GB team kick. He's a halfback and he cant even kick down field, gawd he's awful, but he did alright setting up that last try.

Who was number 16? Was impressed with him. Rob Burrow's got plenty of wraps is gettin a run in this game.

Australia 13+ easy. Its been 4 years since GB played here, 14 since they played a proper test here, so it'll be interesting to see how they go.

WJ

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Lookin forward to the game next week, but if GB play like they did against NZL they'll get hammered. Morely can spark em up a bit, as long he doesnt get his marching orders. Long, well can anyone in the GB team kick. He's a halfback and he cant even kick down field, gawd he's awful, but he did alright setting up that last try.

Who was number 16? Was impressed with him. Rob Burrow's got plenty of wraps is gettin a run in this game.

Australia 13+ easy. Its been 4 years since GB played here, 14 since they played a proper test here, so it'll be interesting to see how they go.

We'll go alrite i think. Not sure we'll win but i don't think it'll be an easy victory for aus if they do win.

Certinaly won't be a repeat of 02, this gb team is pretty good, and will have a good shot at making the final.

adamkungl

Immortal
Whitewash! Poms didn't look TOO bad compared to the Kiwis, but Kiwis were pretty poor (the start of the second half was a joke). I hope its a good game, i'm taking a couple of ppl to their first ever footy game and I'd like it to be a good one, but I'm expecting Aussies to win convincingly. Go Aussies!

JasonE

Bench
screeny said:
I was very surprised he played so little, but I read later he was carrying an injury sustained early on in the game.

No he picked up the knee in the game V Newcastle Reps and came off after about 10 mins.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
You know who i feel sorry for....those english commentators Eddie and Stevo. Since they started commentating GB has never beaten Australia in a series.

I will always remember........oh Kimmerlys gone though, Ricketson...Ricketson scores, oh no we have lost the ashes 3 nil in the final minutes of play.

Aint that the truth! or how about ......we have to kick the ball in the corner and turn the big winger around....... it surely has to be a try for us......we have to score before half time...... and the classic i hope they will say at the end of the game sat, ....i think we've well and truly lost this one Eddie. :lol:

The Clan

Juniors
screeny said:

I am no fan of Peacock, but he did us proud yesterday.

Fielden is injured!

He has a knee injury and should not have played at all, another bad call by Noble and his backroom staff.

It also highlights the ridiculous decision by Noble to only take four recognised front rowers in the squad.

I would'nt be suprised to see GB name a team without Fieldens name on it for this weekends game with Australia. Better to let him rest the knee for a week and be ready for the Kiwis in the third game.

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
KiWi_BoI_15 said:
Aint that the truth! or how about ......we have to kick the ball in the corner and turn the big winger around....... it surely has to be a try for us......we have to score before half time...... and the classic i hope they will say at the end of the game sat, ....i think we've well and truly lost this one Eddie. :lol:

Im gonna tell you little boys a story...

Well im an oldish guy (DAMN!) so i remember the 70's and 80's very well......what all you Aussie pups wont know is that our commentators (for what little and shocking sporting coverage we got) were not just unbiased...they would have seen it as bad manners and apologised if any passion or mildly bias statements were uttered...

...during that same time on the other side of the world the standard Aus commentary and newspaper report usually contained the words "c'mon Aussie c'mon". The joke here was how bias you lot were, but even that went greatly unsaid because it just wasnt British to mention it.

So now we get Eddie and Stevo...hmmm..how fortunes change. Well I agree that Stevo is a twot...a comedy figure, so incoherent are his rantings (does he ever get a video ref call correct first time???)...Eddie I dont mind personally, but I can see your point. But I LOVE their bias...they learnt it from Aussies and there as sick to death of losing as the rest of us.

In the Ashes 2005 our commentators finally displayed some mild bias...and well you know the rest...do you think Aussie commentators who arent used to losing are gonna be unbiased if this Ashes series goes to the wire? think again....and if you guys lose again:p ...you'll see the 70's and 80's ranting come back...

....years of losing does something to you...I hope you guys find that out before your old and your Shelia needs ironing....

PRIDEOFLIONS

Juniors
Sorry Kiwi this last post doesnt apply to you..since most Kiwis display manners and are pretty fair minded...it was just a general reply...

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
PRIDEOFLIONS said:
Sorry Kiwi this last post doesnt apply to you..since most Kiwis display manners and are pretty fair minded...it was just a general reply...

hey thats we're here for mate speak our minds. :thumb