What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go you good things!

eel01s

Bench
Fantastic defensive effort tonight boys, congratulations!!!

Boy what a difference a good, hard off season makes.

I thought Hindmarsh, Gulavao, Reddy and the Keatings were sensational tonight. Even Phil Gould gave the Eels plenty of wraps.

But geez Finch and Hayne need to lift their games. But, we are improving week by week, that is all you can ask for at this stage.

Bet the Bunnies don't get as much press this week!

mickdo

Coach
Well done boys. Sounds like the defence was outstanding. That's how you win games!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good win. But gee that must be one of the few times a NRL side has won without a half back !!!!!!

Well done boys. Sounds like the defence was outstanding. That's how you win games!
defence was simply superb at one stage in the first half bunnies had 3 sets of six on our line but couldn't get over the stripe we were like a brick wall

thedux

Juniors
Bet the Bunnies don't get as much press this week!

Aside from the obvious win, that's the big bonus!!

Great defensive effort; would have lost that game by 20 last year. Best game from Joey G in our colours imo.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Our defence was what got us home in the end, Souths had plenty of ball and we made them really frustrating for them.

Isnt it a big difference with Ben Smith back in the team, our defence out wide has improved dramatically.

Just on the halves, there's no doubt it needs to improve but when Keating came on our attack was a bit better. I think he should start the game and get more of a kicking game.

Things can only get better. I know it was a loss last week but there were some good things that came out of it, which gave me confidence in this game.

Much better team this year I reckon.

Gronk

Staff member
Gutsy win. A heap of improvement to do with the ball in hand and last tackle kick options however.

EELICIT

Juniors
wow, impressive, gulavao take a bow, as soon as he was on he made a line breaking difference. Finch was magnificent in defence and reddy was absolutely abnormal in flight. PS i dont like steven roach he has an adjenda against the eels and im making my feeling felt! Was it just me or did he go missing for about 20mins as soon as the eels got on top of the bunnies..................

EELICIT

Juniors
Gutsy win. A heap of improvement to do with the ball in hand and last tackle kick options however.

Absolutely, our kicks werent the best but the chase was absolutely fantastic! If we correct that we can grind out big wins!

Bazal

Post Whore
Iffy game I thought. On the one hand, we showed massive guts and grit to win in the face of a lot of possession, we found two blokes worthy of the problematic 12 jersey, Burt and Inu had crackers, our outside backs were incredibly safe and Matt Keating was very good out of dummy half for the most part. We also had periods of bruising defence and high intensity football that we didn't see at all last year, and our yardage play was also very good in general.

On the other hand, our halves were utterly woeful, our 5th tackle options are still terrible and probably cost us several try scoring opportunities and we clocked off at times. Overall though, I think the positives outweighed the negatives and I for one am quite happy

Hindmarsh as 9 MOTM was a laugh, I can think of at least 4 who had better games than the great man....

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We will only get better. What did every one think of Wright - not to sure of his stats. But it seemed like he ran the ball straight and hard and didn't miss any tackles - looks promising

Bazal

Post Whore
Wright went well...didn't look like he got much game time but ran hard with good drive at the line

Latest posts