What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Yourself

b4l

Juniors
I'm talking about the likes of Mccullough, Reed, Wallace, Norman, Hoffman.
Are they all ball hogs or lack the skills/vision... or can we blame the coaching?
I blame the coach drilling it into the player's heads. Play the percentages.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I'd say it's a combination of two things. The first is Hook's no frills approach to football. The second is that many of the players that you mention aren't overly skillful anyway.

I don't rate Reed or Wallace as skillful players. To a lesser extent McCullough. I think Norman has it in him, but lacks serious vision. Hoffman I think has the ability (I've seen him to do a Q cup level) but seems to lack the confidence to do it at NRL level. We were kind of spoilt having cutie there, anyone is going to be a step down in that department.

Hooks simple approach could be effective if we had another Hodges, that can produce something individually. Otherwise we need to be constructing plays as a team, otherwise I think we will again struggle to score points. Anyway, we are still making a heap of errors trying to play simple :crazy: So might as well throw a bit more caution to the wind.

beads6

First Grade
Has a lot to do with some of our players not having footy smarts. They are athletic but don't have it between the ears.

some11

Referee
The attacking structure just sucks balls, having belief in your structure and set plays affords you the opportunity to be creative.

Bunch of headless chooks in the opposition 20, watching repeat sets is painful.

1qaz

Juniors
Has a lot to do with some of our players not having footy smarts. They are athletic but don't have it between the ears.

It all gets back to the coaching. You can learn to become smarter.
I remember back in high school I always struggled to remember things for exams. so the night before an exam I would write notes on my calves. i went to a private school so our socks went up to our knees.
yeah i know im pretty smart arent i?

jakepearce94

Juniors
It all gets back to the coaching. You can learn to become smarter.
I remember back in high school I always struggled to remember things for exams. so the night before an exam I would write notes on my calves. i went to a private school so our socks went up to our knees.
yeah i know im pretty smart arent i?
the next elia account ? pretty smart with the notes thing though

1qaz

Juniors
I'm talking about the likes of Mccullough, Reed, Wallace, Norman, Hoffman.
Are they all ball hogs or lack the skills/vision... or can we blame the coaching?
I blame the coach drilling it into the player's heads. Play the percentages.

BUMP

As usual the usual suspects have egg on their face AGAIN.
AceAv, Big Pete, Bretto, Unbreak, Dazzat, Frank Grimes, DeeJ, Snappy,
just to name a few.

You know the drill by now..

GAME SET MATCH TO ME AGAIN

Next challenger please

Latest posts