What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

goalkicking from the gameplay video

labinator

Juniors
dont get me wrong, i absolutly loved the gameplay video, the graphics are outstanding and i cant wait for the game. One small thing ive noticed and still bugs me abit is the goalkicking. The contact between the ball and foot is good, but the run up to kick or "moving in" is a little weird. It looks like the player is running to the ball rather then the more smooth and natural sort of walking into the ball movement, in slow motion schicofske actually looks like he is jumping in the air. It is an improvement from the demo by a long shot but just wondering if the goalkicking will be slightly rendered for the release

legend

Coach
All kickers in the NRL game are right footed and appear to strike the ball in a "toe bash/toe poke" fashion. Personally, I had no major problem with this but I knew there woudl be some who would be fussier than me about some of the minor details of the game.

brenno

Juniors
i couldnt give a proverbial toss about the flight of the ball when it's being kicked. Although, i kinda find it abit odd that all the kickers are right footed.... I dunno, just seems kinda strange to me. Just find it hard to imagine josh hannay, luke covell or brent webb lining up a kick and booting it over with the right peg.(most other sporting games, even the awful rugby 2001, distinguished between right and left footed players). Anyways should be a great game, i can't wait till it's released.....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
legend said:
All kickers in the NRL game are right footed and appear to strike the ball in a "toe bash/toe poke" fashion. Personally, I had no major problem with this but I knew there woudl be some who would be fussier than me about some of the minor details of the game.

Since the goal kickers in the game are right footed, what about guys like Luke Covell and Josh Hannay would they be left footed in the game?

Goleel

Juniors
Just be glad the shortcuts taken for time constraints and budget were in goal kicking animations and not having left footers, rather than gameplay concessions. The way the kicking system works, as far as I can tell, it wouldnt matter between lefties and righties anyway, since you apparently don't have control over the curve of the ball, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me, its just one of those things that had to be compromised.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
I'm starting to hear a few things wrong with the game that should be on there, just simple little small things all adding up which is a worry but still i can't wait for the release.

Zoot - Covell is a great kicker and a left kicker like myself, there should be left footers in the game that's pretty stupid having them all right footed but it's not a major worry.

Matta

Juniors
labinator said:
dont get me wrong, i absolutly loved the gameplay video, the graphics are outstanding and i cant wait for the game. One small thing ive noticed and still bugs me abit is the goalkicking. The contact between the ball and foot is good, but the run up to kick or "moving in" is a little weird. It looks like the player is running to the ball rather then the more smooth and natural sort of walking into the ball movement, in slow motion schicofske actually looks like he is jumping in the air. It is an improvement from the demo by a long shot but just wondering if the goalkicking will be slightly rendered for the release

I think gameplay has a higher priority than getting every single little bit of animation perfect... You said it was a good improvement since the demo, didn't you?