What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Fraud

doctor death

Juniors
Now, all of a sudden, it's not Carrara, its Robina. Now, it's $50 million, not $40 million - not guaranteed at all. What a crock!

The NRL are bending over backwards to ensure that GC will get the time they need to be the 16th team. The NRL are also giving $10 million to any NRL team to relocate. In other words, they are taking every step to ensure that the 16th team is NOT the CC Bears. This sort of fraud is breathtaking.

Meanwhile, Central Coast Bears has the funding juniors, sponsors, crowds (CC and north shore) AND a world class stadium. No promises. No crap. it's already there.

When will some journalist expose this fraud once and for all.

These are the facts.

aids

Bench
i recon, and it's just an observation, but jogn singleton showing an interest in cronulla.
also cronulla getting their slice in the CC juniors looks like a try before you buy deal.

singleton could also dangle his own carrot infront of the sharks for a move as well.
money from both nrl and private inverstors.
could be interesting.

anyway, there needs to be another qld team.

Bomber

Bench
Bugger off doctor death

You talk of crowds on the CC.....where have they been for the last five years?

There MUST be a team from the Gold Coast before the Central Coast. It WILL work, it MUST work, because if it DOESN'T, then we may as well bend over and let the AFL do it's evil work.

JK

These are the facts.

FACT: We don't need another NSW team.

Go spread your negativity elsewhere, or aim to get a side in over in Perth or Wellington - Wellington Bears, could work. 8)

CC is for Souths (if they grow a brain) or Sharks (though they can get good crowds in the Shire and probably should stay there.

JK

Is it just newslimited bullsh*t that we are a national competition with too many teams in one state?

Considering News were a major cause of death for GC, Perth & Adelaide I'd say that expansion is not a News agenda.

And the threat of AFL is well documented - maily in direct quotes from their current chief.

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

CC may have a stadium but whats the point in having one when nobody turns up

GC has shown its support no matter who is playing

they could play their games on surfers paradise beach and they would still get a bigger crowd than CC

GO GC!!!

mightybears

Bench
any market that can sustain a team, no matter which state its in is more than worthy of an nrl team
and the afl threat on the gold coast is a decade away, who is going to move from melbourne?
the talk from afl hq is about getting carrara done over with their code in mind
nothing to do with a gold coast afl team
the A league threat starts august 05 at gosford

Bomber

Bench
I'm more than a bit surprised that someone living 'in brisbane, surrounded by newslimited propaganda' wouldn't want another team in the neighbourhood as an alternative to the Broncos.

The Central Coast had a team in the NRL for the best part of three years, and voted with their feet.....FFS, they didn't even fill the stadium for the City-Country match last year!

The AFL threat on the Gold Coast I was referring to came from the Lions, not a new GC team.

So what if a Robina stadium is the better option? Isn't that what everyone should be trying to achieve - the best possible outcome? The Gold Coast has demonstrated there is support for another Queensland side in the NRL, and have the backing of state and federal governments on the provisio that they are granted the 16th franchise.

But what would I know....after all, my state only has two NRL teams, compared with ELEVEN from that other state. Sure, we need another side in NSW :roll:

Azkatro

First Grade
There's a bit of tripe in this thread I reckon.

Q1: What's the MAIN reason you need a good stadium?
A1: So it can be utilised for TV matches.

Q2: Who gets a lot of the TV revenue?
A2: Not the clubs!

Q3: Where do the clubs get the bulk of their game money from?
A3: Ticket sales.

Q4: Why did Norths die from the Eagles merger?
A4: No money.

Q5: Why did Norths have no money?
A5: Crap ticket sales at their home games.

Q6: Why were the ticket sales crap?
A6: Because their home ground was in Gosford and people got tired of showing up!!

Q7: So who benefits the most from having football games in Gosford?
A7: See A2.

I always thought good stadiums were for the people that actually attended the games. I know I'd much rather sit on an under cover seast then a grass hill.

Gosford had a chance to have a team and it blew it. Infact, it rejected the NRLO completely and with just a 20,000 seat stadium.....they cant even sell it out for rep games!

Keep in mind, North are struggling to get the funding for their Premier League side....they sure as heck cant run an NRL team.

Squeezing a team between Manly and Newcastle....two teams struggling to get the backing they need......its a dumb idea only people from the central coast could come up with.

We need the Gold Coast, a second Brisbane team, a side in Perth, Adelaide, Wellington......then.....maybe we can play a couple of transplanted games every year in that wasted stadium in Gosford.

aids said:
i recon, and it's just an observation, but jogn singleton showing an interest in cronulla.
also cronulla getting their slice in the CC juniors looks like a try before you buy deal.

singleton could also dangle his own carrot infront of the sharks for a move as well.
could be interesting.

Surely the sharks wouldnt leave the shire they great crowds and are supported hugely down there, I cant get over how big they are. - I moved there 18 months ago.

aids said:

could be interesting.

Surely the sharks wouldnt leave the shire they great crowds and are supported hugely down there, I cant get over how big they are. - I moved there 18 months ago.

mightybears

Bench
bomber
i've said it before but i'm pro expansion
always have been
will have no problem with a second brissie or gold coast team when it happens
and it is a "when" not "if"
bugger the red hill scabs monopoly
still think it was dumb for the gc bid to pick dolphins as a name etc

i think the robina option is the better one for the gold coast

would like to see both the cc and gc in the nrl
if only one, i'd prefer the bears at gosford, big suprise!

but death was stating facts re the cc bears bid
and crowd figures for trials/nrl matches at the cc and gc over the last whatever number of years can be 'viewed' to say anything
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

azkatro
get your facts right

"Q4: Why did Norths die from the Eagles merger?
A4: No money. "
Real answer:
the norths football club went under before the merger, they pumped their money in 98 and 99 into a wordclass venue at gosford, and even played a home match in brisbane as asked by the nrl against the cowboys at lang [the only nrl match in 99]
encouraged to move and spend at gosford by the nrl,
but when delays happened nrl said sorry-changed our mind
what you did re gosford doesn't count re criteria
but the delays and costs re stadium do count re criteria

"Q6: Why were the ticket sales crap?
A6: Because their home ground was in Gosford and people got tired of showing up!! "
real answer: because the nrl and norths had promised a full time central coast team for 2000 and the people of the cc didn't want a joke jv that was controlled by a brookvale mob riding the jv long enough to get the nrl's jv money before pissing off back to brookie [as they were close to stuffed, but for maxy boy they still would be]
cc people knew the manly club weren't interested in the cc

"Q7: So who benefits the most from having football games in Gosford?
A7: See A2. [not the clubs]"
real answer: norths were going to as they had the lease before the administrator sold it cheap, but essentially the people of the cc who would have had a real full time nrl team to support

Bazal

Post Whore
We need a Gold Coast team first, but surely you can't just let the facilities and junior base of the CC go to waste? Sure, they had a team, and the crowds weren't that great, but half of that team was Manly! Many Bears fans refused to even go to the games because of that, and Central Coast supporters knew that it was only a matter of time before their so called "central coast" team reverted to Manly, who were basically in control anyway. Hardly an ideal test of the readiness of the CC for a team. CC has somewhere around the largest junior base in the country, a good stadium which is easy to get to, and a whole bunch of league mad residents. Gold Coast does need a team first, by 2009 at the absolute latest by my reckoning, and hopefully in 2007. But the CC should be the 17th team. I think we need both these teams, as well as a second NZ side, a second Victorian side, two teams in SA and WA, and probably a 4th QLD team at the very least. AFL and Super 12 have no qualms about expanding, if the NRL doesn't start admitting new teams, I'm not liking what might happen to the game....

mightybears

Bench
nospam49 said:
"Keep in mind, North are struggling to get the funding for their Premier League side....they sure as heck cant run an NRL team.

Squeezing a team between Manly and Newcastle....two teams struggling to get the backing they need......its a dumb idea only people from the central coast could come up with. "
==============================================

norths ran big profits and played in the finals 94 to 98
won the reserves 3 times in the 90's
produced half a team of aussie reps
provided the motor for the qld origin team [moore and larson]
won the presidents cup in 98 [orford, sullivan, o'meley etc]
they have a proven track record of running nrl teams

the premier league team is top of the table in 05
henry is gone, we'll take back the leagues club aka "the licence to print"

and the same 'demograhic' arguments that the gc use, can be used for the central coast, the reason norths commited to moving out of sydney in 98!
the only sydney team to do so

nospam49 said:
The Bears dont exist any more so who cares.

Ridiculous comment, I guess that Hughes, Carmont, K & M Gidley, Simpson, Abraham, Reynoldson are nothing not to mention countless other good players.

Latest posts