What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Fraud

dimitri

First Grade
Bomber said:
I can't believe the selfishness of the Central Coast supporters

"Oh, who gives a flying f**k about the health of rugby league in Australia, who gives a sh*t about the big picture....let's put another team in New South Wales BECAUSE WE'VE GOT A STADIUM!!!!"

:roll: Give me a f***ing break

Perth has Members Equity
Adelaide has Hindmarsh

CC arent the only area with a stadium

once again

RL has so much more to gain by admitting a team
FROM OUTSIDE NSW

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Bomber said:
I can't believe the selfishness of the Central Coast supporters

"Oh, who gives a flying f**k about the health of rugby league in Australia, who gives a sh*t about the big picture....let's put another team in New South Wales BECAUSE WE'VE GOT A STADIUM!!!!"

:roll: Give me a f***ing break

I don't know what Coast supporters your talking about, but I've posted the opposite?

CC_Eagle

First Grade
MayMoo said:
The selfishness of The Central Coast ??

The Central Coast claim has a little more to offer than the fact there is a stadium ready.

It also encompasses the North Shore of Sydney, and the Central Coast.

It would enable a foundation club the ability to continue in a perfect marriage with an adjoining area (which was the idea with the original move).

I have sympathy with the GC, but when you look at the facts, The Central Coast Bears deserve to be admitted sooner rather than later.

I can't believe that the NRL will continue to turni t's back on the Central Coast and North Shore.

It (Bears admission) has to happen !!

The NS is and has been Manly territory for a while.

hrundi99

First Grade
CC_Eagle said:
The NS is and has been Manly territory for a while.

That is simply not true.

Ask the average punter in Neutral Bay or Cammeray who they support and it isn't the Eagles.

It's most likely to be the Waratahs at this point.

Something else to ponder.

Yes....lets plonk ANOTHER team in NSW because because some people follow union.

Meanwhile we'll give the people of SE QLD a single League team to follow in the Broncos....you ever think that the Broncos being out numbered by professional "Football" teams 3-1 might be a bad thing for Rugby League in SE QLD?

dimitri

First Grade
nospam49 said:

Meanwhile we'll give the people of SE QLD a single League team to follow in the Broncos....you ever think that the Broncos being out numbered by professional "Football" teams 3-1 might be a bad thing for Rugby League in SE QLD?

i agree

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Every Norths fan argues that a team needs to be on the CC. Fine. I agree at some point it will be a good option.

Every Norths fan argues that the reason the CC didn't want a JV team is because they wanted their own team. Fine.

Is a relocated North Sydney team actually a CC team? NO! It's a relocated Sydney club.

The only reason so many Bears fans argue for the inclusion of a side in the NRL at the CC is because they want it be a North Sydney based CC Bears. That is not a new team that belongs to the CC. And as you have indicated, the reason the JV failed was the CC wants it's own team. Not your team.

The Gold Coast team is a new team. And will be supported.

As for all the garbage that Manly did this to the Bears, Manly did that to the Bears. Manly nearly went under itself in the JV. And the efforts of Singleton and the Bears management did everything possible to try to make it happen by encouraging crowds to stay away from the matches. You didn't count on one Max Delmege to come and save the day. So stay as bitter and twisted as you like, it was all your clubs doing. The JV could have worked and Manly tried to make it work. That's why they stayed on at Gosford after Norths croaked it.

As far as I'm concerned the Gold Coast deserve a team. I really couldn't give a flying f**k if the CC has a bears, jets or Sharks team. But there is no way in hell it should be before the Gold Coast gets the team back it needs and deserves.

DD has no cred. He's been saying for the last 3 years Manly will fold. And it has only got stronger again.

dimitri said:
nospam49 said:

i agree

All we seem to do is agree! :D

hrundi99

First Grade
nospam49 said:

I'm not suggesting that CC should go in ahead of GC.

I'm merely disagreeing with CC Eagle's point re Manly support in the North Shore.

Razor

Coach
It's most likely to be the Waratahs at this point.

Something else to ponder.

Another advantage to the Gold Coast bid. Most people on the GC support Rugby League. If they don't on the CC why should they get a team? If "supporting a code other than Rugby League" is a criteria for entry then Perth or Adelaide should get in first. But no, they don't use that criteria. So now CC have actually no basis whatsoever for a team. if the CC public don't even support the sport.

fieldo

Juniors
Perth only support other codes because they are used to getting served up second best.
Even Channel Nine over here is a second rate TV station.....its owned by some idiot who likes to put RL on at 1.00am in the morning after a repeat of a B-grade movie.
Thank god for satellite/cable TV

doctor death

Juniors
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Every Norths fan argues that a team needs to be on the CC. Fine. I agree at some point it will be a good option.

Manly fans shoudl embrace the Bears - after all it was the North Sydney management (with help from News Ltd and several others) who enabled you to survive in 1999. Manly fans are entirely ignorant about what happened in those days.

As for the childish rants from nospam49 - was your boyfriend abused at Wyong one day? You are simply anti-CC with no logic to back up anything you say.

Probably john brady in disguise.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
MayMoo said:
I can't believe that the NRL will continue to turni t's back on the Central Coast and North Shore.

It (Bears admission) has to happen !!

Believe me, it will happen maybe not in 2007, but in the near future. :D

fieldo said:
Perth only support other codes because they are used to getting served up second best.
Even Channel Nine over here is a second rate TV station.....its owned by some idiot who likes to put RL on at 1.00am in the morning after a repeat of a B-grade movie.
Thank god for satellite/cable TV

That to me is a disgrace, even the Grand Final was on TV that late. I know having Foxtel/Austar is an advantage, but imagine the final series thats only on free to air.

Thats no way of promoting the game over there, mind you theres still plenty of support after the Reds axing. 3rd biggest Rugby League state in Australia, keep up the good work guys. :thumnn

Hindyscrack

Bench
What i want to know is, how many of these bears supporters are based on the CC, or willing to travel to Gosford to watch these games? Or are you guys just bears fans wanted to see your team round around in the NRL again?

The argument that the CC and the North Shore of Sydney is bigger then The GC is crap. How can you count the area as one? If you are going to do that you might as well count Byron, Tweed, GC, Beenleigh, Logan and Brisbane into the equation to compare areas because these areas are all within the same travelling time as the North Shore and the CC.

The people of SE Queensland want a second team, not every one is a Broncos fan! I travelled from the Gold Coast to Brisbane 12 times last year just to watch a game of footy, and i hate the Broncos! I do this with a group of 8-12 guys, none of us are Broncos fans.

The amount of people who are ready to buy season memberships is incredible, if you have been to a GC based NRL trial this year there are a lot of people wearing Dolphins merch already and the team doesnt exist (yet).

The NRL desperately needs to decentralise out of Sydney and i think the CC is one of 4 cities we need to relocate to in the near future. But i beleive it should be done in the order of GC, Perth, CC then Adelaide. For our game to grow we need a truly national competition.

Hindyscrack said:
What i want to know is, how many of these bears supporters are based on the CC, or willing to travel to Gosford to watch these games? Or are you guys just bears fans wanted to see your team round around in the NRL again?

The argument that the CC and the North Shore of Sydney is bigger then The GC is crap. How can you count the area as one? If you are going to do that you might as well count Byron, Tweed, GC, Beenleigh, Logan and Brisbane into the equation to compare areas because these areas are all within the same travelling time as the North Shore and the CC.

The people of SE Queensland want a second team, not every one is a Broncos fan! I travelled from the Gold Coast to Brisbane 12 times last year just to watch a game of footy, and i hate the Broncos! I do this with a group of 8-12 guys, none of us are Broncos fans.

The amount of people who are ready to buy season memberships is incredible, if you have been to a GC based NRL trial this year there are a lot of people wearing Dolphins merch already and the team doesnt exist (yet).

The NRL desperately needs to decentralise out of Sydney and i think the CC is one of 4 cities we need to relocate to in the near future. But i beleive it should be done in the order of GC, Perth, CC then Adelaide. For our game to grow we need a truly national competition.

We don't need Adelaide. BUt I agree with the order as far as OZ is concerned but Wellington is also needed in the fututre.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hindyscrack said:

The people of the Central Coast want their own team as well - just like you, we don't all like Newcastle and Manly!

Here are some facts for you:

Central Coast:
Pop- 285,000
Growth Rate- 9.6%
4500 juniors
Stadium- CCEAS. Capacity of 20,500, rectangular, outstanding facility.
Financial backing- John Singleton (STW Comms Group)*

Gold Coast:
Pop- 484,000
Growth Rate- 3.5%
5500 juniors
Stadium- Carrara. Capacity of 25,000, circular, major sticking point and needs development.
Financial backing- Searle & other undisclosed backers

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Thats some good info, where did you get that.

Look the Gold Coast just needs to fix up their stadium, then it'll be alright. Thats the only thing standing in their way according to the NRL. Once thats done, all Gallop has to do is give the thumbs up.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BL R2 2004. There's Wellington info there but I don't care about Wellington :lol:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Another advantage to the Gold Coast bid. Most people on the GC support Rugby League.

Very big call that. From my understanding, a hell of a lot of the Gold Coast are retired Victorians. That's precicely the reason AFL had 1 team there that survives (Bears), and Rugby League had 3 that died.

Everyone suggesting that a GC team would draw more than a CC team ignores 2 facts.

1) 3 times the Gold Coast has had a team, and 3 times they died through lack of attendance. From memory, in the decade that they had a league team, they topped 15000 3 times - once v Brisbane in the early years, and v Parra and Manly in consecutive weeks when they were gunning for the 1997 finals.

2) The CC people DID WANT THE BEARS, and were rapt to have them move up there. That's why Norths spent their entire life savings building the stadium!

The Gold Coast has had 3 chances. All perished. Time to look elsewhere. If you are going to upgrade a stadium in Qld, upgrade Dolphin Oval and promote Redcliffe.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
doctor death said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:

Manly fans shoudl embrace the Bears - after all it was the North Sydney management (with help from News Ltd and several others) who enabled you to survive in 1999. Manly fans are entirely ignorant about what happened in those days.

As for the childish rants from nospam49 - was your boyfriend abused at Wyong one day? You are simply anti-CC with no logic to back up anything you say.

Probably john brady in disguise.

Once again garbage. Manly joined the JV because of the long term outlook was not looking good from a management perspective at staying at Brookie. The ground required considerable work (and still does) and the damage done to the game by the split saw a reduction in crowds and marketing potential. Add to that, Manly dumped in heaps of money to help prop up the ARL. The decision to make the JV was obviously wrong as the club is now doing well back at Brookie. Manly WAS NOT broke, AND was NOT LIKELY to go broke in the near future. But the long-term outlook was the problem.

As for North Sydney management propping us up in 1999, that is the biggest load of bulldust you have ever posted. Your club was dead, buried and stinking. The only ignorant person is you. The person who constantly bashes any club, person or thing that has prevented the Bears from being in the competition. The one target you clearly always miss is Norths Sydney's management and fan base. The club decided to make the move far too late to Gosford and it cost you a ticket in the NRL. And the fans just didn't turn up while you were in limbo.

Latest posts