What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Sharks, Central Coast Rabbits and Broome Roosters

Jabs

Juniors
dodge said:
Jabs said:
How about we kick the Bulldogs (bringing the game in disrepute 3 years in a row) out for the good of the game, how does that sound?

Please do explain how they brought it into disrepute in 2003? IOf you're referring to Coffs Harbour in the trials in 03 well that got dismissed a week later and not brought up all year. It was the fans of the NRL who brought the game into disrepute in 2003 with their constant dredging up of the Bulldogs Salary Cap Crisis. Pathetic.

Oh and Jabs, why don't you actually give us an idea of which team you support instead of pretending to be brave by taking a chunk out of armour? You look like a grasshopper waiting to be squashed simply because you have not even the guts to show your own teams colours.
Hey stupid are you blind? Look at my avatar.
I only made that comment about the Dogs because some of your supporters always like to point the finger at other teams for relocation instead of their own.

Raider_69

Post Whore
kick the dog scum out
relocate rabbits to the CC
give GC the dogs licence
import one of perth/adalade/Wellington

ibeme

First Grade
Jabs said:
How about we kick the Bulldogs (bringing the game in disrepute 3 years in a row) out for the good of the game, how does that sound?

Bulldogs popularity stats for 2004:

Average away crowd: 20043. 1st place
Average home crowd: 19650. 2nd place (behind Broncos)
Merchandise sales: I think it's 1st place.

The fact that we're drawing more people to away games suggests that the Bulldogs are the most valuable team to other clubs in terms of gate takings. Despite the turmoil over the last three years, the Bulldogs popularity is increasing.

If removing the most popular team is good for the game, what does that say about your team?

Some more Bulldogs popularity stats for 2004:

Most damage done to trains by their fans. 1st place
Players doing the bolt from taxis. 1st place
Fear factor amongst single women. 1st place

:lol:

ibeme

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Some more Bulldogs popularity stats for 2004:

Most damage done to trains by their fans. 1st place
Players doing the bolt from taxis. 1st place
Fear factor amongst single women. 1st place

:lol:

When was damage done to trains in 2004?
When did a player run from a taxi in 2004?

Atleast get it right if you want to be a smart arse.

As I said, despite all of this crap happening over the last few years, we're still more popular than your side.

PC

Juniors
ibeme said:
Jabs said:

Bulldogs popularity stats for 2004:

Average away crowd: 20043. 1st place
Average home crowd: 19650. 2nd place (behind Broncos)
Merchandise sales: I think it's 1st place.

The fact that we're drawing more people to away games suggests that the Bulldogs are the most valuable team to other clubs in terms of gate takings. Despite the turmoil over the last three years, the Bulldogs popularity is increasing.

If removing the most popular team is good for the game, what does that say about your team?

How do the Bulldogs have the 2nd highest average home crowds?
According to Big League you are in the bottom half of the comp for crowds, coming 8th (14206).

You're not even in the top 4 Sydney teams.

The Roosters are 3rd highest in the comp with 17 085 and are only 800 behind the biggest Sydney club average of Penrith.

And before you start whinging about the double header not being counted, that helps you. There were 21 358 people at the double header and claiming half of that crowd would actually reduce your average. You aren't even entitled to half as West Tigers were the other home team and they have a better average than you so logically they had more fans at the game.

So moving the bulldogs would not be removing the most popular team. Instead it would be removing an underperforming team in terms of crowds and support (i'm not suggesting that in terms of team performance).

Kiwi

First Grade
How about the

Kentuky Roosters
Tokoyo Sharks ( or Shark Fins )
Alabama Rabbits

OVP

Coach
Kiwi said:
How about the

Kentuky Roosters
Tokoyo Sharks ( or Shark Fins )
Alabama Rabbits

:lol: Kiwi ... Kentucky Fried Roosters sounds better tho ;-)

And they love horse meat in France i believe, so you guys can be the Paris Broncos :)

Latest posts