What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast sign Carney

JBW1983

Juniors
I donno... Matty Sing and Luke Rooney would have a few things to say about that... but no doubt about it he's a quality player

Kiwi

First Grade
How strong are the GC team looking now?

Campbell
Bailey
Carney

How many more will follow

Priddis??
Harrison??

It's a great base to build on.

RainMan

Juniors
He'll be about 30 years old trying to have a crack at the toughest competition in the rugby league playing world. Money well spent??

Kiwi

First Grade
RainMan said:
He'll be about 30 years old trying to have a crack at the toughest competition in the rugby league playing world. Money well spent??

Johns is older, so is Kearns, Webcke, Thorn, ect. There are plenty of 30 year old players, why does 30 have to mean retire?

raidersfan

Juniors
RainMan said:

Jason Smith, Matt Adamson, Jason Croker ...

JBW1983

Juniors
I guess it is a bit disappointing that he's decided to come so late... He's probably not as quick as he used to be... but he'll be smarter and probably stronger and tougher... Still, I would have liked to have seen him come to the NRL a bit earlier so he can compare himself to the best while at his peak.

JasonE

Bench
He didn't start playing League until he was about 23 so I think he's got plenty of life left in him yet.

Lego_Man

First Grade
I wonder how much he is on? Good halfback should come before a good winger...hope they didn't pay too much for him, it's easy to get carried away with bigname signings at a fledgling club and end up not getting value for money on the park (eg Warriors in their early years)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I can see the GC attracting a few British (and Kiwi) players with the whole GC Queensland beach lifestyle ticket. Good on them.

Andy.Y.

Juniors
JBW1983 said:
I guess it is a bit disappointing that he's decided to come so late... He's probably not as quick as he used to be... but he'll be smarter and probably stronger and tougher... Still, I would have liked to have seen him come to the NRL a bit earlier so he can compare himself to the best while at his peak.

I wouldnt count on it at the moment hes spending more time on the treatment table than he is playing. Hes starting to get the nickname tampax!

If he can stay fit though hes still a very good player and maybe the weather over there will help :) .

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I think he's a brilliant player, will be a huge bonus for the GC. Will definately be a personality player.