What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast to do something they've never done before

Canard

Immortal
I didn't think those Aces, Mavericks things were anything but an artists impression of potential team names that were included in a RLW once. I understood they had no official capacity to them at all

Could be wrong though.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I didn't think those Aces, Mavericks things were anything but an artists impression of potential team names that were included in a RLW once. I understood they had no official capacity to them at all

Could be wrong though.

Yep you're wrong, check who owns/owned the trademarks for these two.

Valimanda Pty Ltd owns the Mavericks logo, and Rugby League South Australia Pty Ltd owns the Aces logo.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Yep you're wrong, check who owns/owned the trademarks for these two.

Valimanda Pty Ltd owns the Mavericks logo, and Rugby League South Australia Pty Ltd owns the Aces logo.

isn't that the vehicle the storm used to orchestrate their marquee booths and double books?

redvscotty

First Grade
Gold Coast Coward Punchers
Supported by Cocktails and Dreams and Melbas!

I liked the Seagulls name the best. If they did change it... Dolphins would be good.

Diesel

Referee
Anyone ever heard of a story of the brisbane rams around super league era?

No. But after SL and when the NRL formed I remember a potential East Coast Tigers, which was GC Chargers, Easts Tigers (Brisbane) and Balmain Tigers merger

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ok, hows this for a rebranding idea:

They keep they name "Gold Coast Titans", but ditch the weird centurion logo and change to something like this...
20130801202001!Vallejo_Admirals_Main_Logo.png

currentbucslogo.png

As in the HMAS Titan fleet (in a similar vein to the Crushers and the train imagery referencing the sugar cain industry)

This would mean the last 8 years of pushing the Titans name wouldnt be time wasted but we could finally ditch the greek mythology
(thinking about it, i dont remember the club every trying to expand on that) and justify the name as some local reference.

This would mean we could play on the beach/aquatic/navy theme youd expect from a GC franchise, again, without losing the last 8 years of name recognition.

Last edited:

ram raid

Bench
Ok, hows this for a rebranding idea:

They keep they name "Gold Coast Titans", but ditch the weird centurion logo and change to something like this...

As in the HMAS Titan fleet (in a similar vein to the Crushers and the train imagery referencing the sugar cain industry)

This would mean the last 8 years of pushing the Titans name wouldnt be time wasted but we could finally ditch the greek mythology
(thinking about it, i dont remember the club every trying to expand on that) and justify the name as some local reference.

This would mean we could play on the beach/aquatic/navy theme youd expect from a GC franchise, again, without losing the last 8 years of name recognition.

Yeah that doesn't seem like a bad idea.

ByronTitan

Juniors
Gold Coast Coward Punchers
Supported by Cocktails and Dreams and Melbas!

I liked the Seagulls name the best. If they did change it... Dolphins would be good.

What a crappy joke. I hate posts that are trying to be funny but aren't. They're just such a waste of space and time all round. :x

Last edited:
I still like Gold Coast Skase.

Or the Gold Coast Groves.

Imagine that: Support the Gold Coast Groves...as simple as A B C!!!

Maybe they can do a slowly-slowly name change.

So Gold Coast Titans.

Then Gold Coast Tits and Arghs!

Then Gold Coast Pirates?

Kirky

Juniors
HMAS Titan fleet

Nope.

HMAS Titanic
Titan Fleet Sinks
Titanic Catastrophe
Mutiny on the bad ship Titanic!
Fans flee sinking Titan fleet
Titanic fleet hits iceberg

At least make Badel work for his headlines.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No. But after SL and when the NRL formed I remember a potential East Coast Tigers, which was GC Chargers, Easts Tigers (Brisbane) and Balmain Tigers merger

I remember hearing about that, it was spoken about during the 97 season. I think the Crushers were struggling and wanted to get involved with the merger with Gold Coast, but when they folded it was then planned to have Gold Coast, Easts Tigers and Balmain Tigers. I think Balmain didnt want to know about it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Nope.

HMAS Titanic
Titan Fleet Sinks
Titanic Catastrophe
Mutiny on the bad ship Titanic!
Fans flee sinking Titan fleet
Titanic fleet hits iceberg

At least make Badel work for his headlines.

Hahah, it doesnt matter what name is chosen, bad puns are just part of sport media....

(My favourite to date is still "West Sydney in Parra-dice" from '09 i think)

Last edited:

alien

Referee

i don't have a problem with Greek mythology :cool: