What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Point

Wb1234

Referee
Well, you didn't say enjoyable....you said excellent.

Personally , a game loses the excellent tag once a blatantly bad decision costs one team the game, in the last minute of play....on top of numerous other dodgy decisions......but that's just me having that shit taste in my mouth, and it wasn't even my team.

I enjoyed the game, but the result was unjust, so no, not excellent, not in the slightest.
FoxSports will be happy they got an extra 15 minutes yesterday of high intensity rugby league that would had very good viewing numbers

firechild

First Grade
If the little ginger haired prick with the whistle penalised Manly for being offside on the field goal attempt in regulation time then we wouldn't have gone to golden point. He called back a legitimate Cowboys try because he thought the pass was forward, even though it wasn't.
image-20160825-6595-981zwe.jpg

hrundi99

First Grade
Manly fans aren't in a position to make jokes about inbreeding.

Brookvale Oval is so outdated and dilapidated it could be used as a stage set for a Beverley Hillbillies movie.

North Queensland Stadium is a world class venue. It shits all over Brookvale.

The Beverly Hillbillies live in a mansion in Beverly Hills.

Did you miss that part?

lockyno1

Post Whore
I hate golden point. The game turns from attempting to score tries to attempting to kick field goals.
It should be 1 competition point each if scores are tied at fulltime in regular season games.
In elimination games it should be 10 minutes extra time, then golden point if scores are still tied after extra time.

But you get Ben Hunt in a golden point position....what can go wrong

The Beverly Hillbillies live in a mansion in Beverly Hills.

Did you miss that part?
They moved into a mansion after striking it rich. Prior to that they lived in a dump.

Brookvale would be where the hillbillies live before getting lucky on the pokies. Then they move to the luxurious North Queensland Stadium to watch a football team that makes lots of money.

hrundi99

First Grade
They moved into a mansion after striking it rich. Prior to that they lived in a dump.

Brookvale would be where the hillbillies live before getting lucky on the pokies. Then they move to the luxurious North Queensland Stadium to watch a football team that makes lots of money.
Well that's just like your opinion man...

MKCS

Juniors
I'd like to see the NRL borrow from soccer with the extra time to be honest.

If both teams are tied after 80 minutes they play an additional 10 minutes, whoever has the highest score after the 10 minutes wins the game, if scores are tied you play an additional 10 minutes.

You can kick a field goal and try to defend the 1 point or alternatively you can go for the try and really seal the game, seems a bit more exciting than a field goal kicking contest and also gives a team a chance to come back strong if they do go down by a point.

I'd like to see the NRL borrow from soccer with the extra time to be honest.

If both teams are tied after 80 minutes they play an additional 10 minutes, whoever has the highest score after the 10 minutes wins the game, if scores are tied you play an additional 10 minutes.

You can kick a field goal and try to defend the 1 point or alternatively you can go for the try and really seal the game, seems a bit more exciting than a field goal kicking contest and also gives a team a chance to come back strong if they do go down by a point.
20 more minutes of NRL would be welcomed by me, not sure if the players would want to run around for 100 minutes though when we are already stating the competition is longer enough.

MKCS

Juniors
20 more minutes of NRL would be welcomed by me, not sure if the players would want to run around for 100 minutes though when we are already stating the competition is longer enough.

They'd only play the 20 if the scores were tied after the end of that first 10 mins, I guess you could also play an additional 10 and if scores are still tied then the game is a draw.

I just think it could lead to exciting play in the dying moments where you maybe have a team down by 2 desperately trying to score a try to win the game.

Latest posts