What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

golden point

Cowboyzfan

Juniors
I think like many others that the golden point should be used only in the decider to break a full time deadlock, what does everybody else think about this :?:

Jordan

Juniors
I think it should... but I hate the way it just turns into a Field Goal shootout. I think it should be first try scorer wins.

That way the team who wants to win more will win (theoretically) and will eliminate these shootouts we're getting. Golden point would be much more exciting with this rule as the teams will be unleashing everything in attack, instead of just doing safe, single dummy half runs and hitups.

tigers

Juniors
I disagree with you. You must be a Queenslander spitting chips after the loss.
That's the rule and we should stick to it.

Jordan

Juniors
Yep, sure am.

And it was you New South Welchman spitting chips after we retained the series (twice) because of a draw. Maybe we should have stuck to that rule :roll:

tigers

Juniors
That's fine for first try scorer, what happens if they play for 10 minutes and it is still locked up. Do we just keep playing! and playing! and playing!.
Come on it could go on all night.

I think we should make it a 7 a side and first try scorer wins.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think that's fair at all. If you have it for one you have it for all. If there is a draw in the first game then it's still likely to be a drawn series, golden point aims to prevent this.

Jordan

Juniors
tigers said:
That's fine for first try scorer, what happens if they play for 10 minutes and it is still locked up. Do we just keep playing! and playing! and playing!.
Come on it could go on all night.

I think we should make it a 7 a side and first try scorer wins.

The current rule for Origin is unlimited extra time... so technically it could go on all night anyways.

Pensacola Q.C

Juniors
There should have been 5 minutes each way and then into golden point. Everyone at my flat (mostly NSW supporters) thought that golden point sucked.

mickdo

Coach
You can't only have golden point in the decider. If the first game in a series ends in a draw, and then the second is won by NSW, what do you do when Qld end up in front 24-4 at the end of game 3???

The third game hasn't ended in a draw, so what the hell does golden point do??? If NSW then kicks a field goal to make it 24-5 does that mean they win the series??? You can't do it that way. There has to be golden point in all three.

Eels Dude

Coach
Jordan said:
I think it should... but I hate the way it just turns into a Field Goal shootout. I think it should be first try scorer wins.

That way the team who wants to win more will win (theoretically) and will eliminate these shootouts we're getting. Golden point would be much more exciting with this rule as the teams will be unleashing everything in attack, instead of just doing safe, single dummy half runs and hitups.

That would take forever though. Take the other night, where 3 tries were scored over 8 minutes. It would be too hard physically on the players to expect them to play till another try was scored.

mickdo

Coach
I don't see the problem with a field goal separating two teams in a game. For example... if after 79 minutes it takes a field goal to push NSW ahead over Qld 15-14, what fricking difference does it matter if it then goes to golden point and then the field goal is kicked to win the game. Grow up Qld losers. Field goals are kicked to decide RL games all the time.

Eelectrica

Referee
Should get 3 points for hitting the posts from a conversion, they'd never be hit if they were being aimed at! ;-)

PS for the humour disadvantaged this was intended as a stupid joke.

Latest posts