What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden slipper 2013

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great race between Pierro and Rebel Dane

Rebel Dane is a Stradbroke Hcp horse if have ever seen one
So was Mental but he couldn't get a start because the QLDerpers are stuck in the 40's. That will be an excellent for race. Massive run also from It's a Dundeel. And i wouldn't be potting Our Charlie boy just yet thought he went well first up.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Puissance De Lune looks the real deal..

And this crop of 3yo's looks to be well above average too..I think Super Cool is the first 3yo since Saintly to win Australian Cup..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Pierro wins his first Gp1 WFA race..This is a really good crop of 3yo's..

Couple of nice runs in the race..More Joyous was game in defeat & Solzhenitsyn was a good run for a handicapper..he could be a Donny chance if he gets the trip..he should have no weight..

Bluebag

Juniors
The slipper draw was a nice event to go to shame it was on at the star which is sadly just a revamped club with no great value. The poor trainer for Ruud Awakening and connections for Villa Verde didn't need to show the draw number ypu could see it on their faces but time will tell as their are forecasts for rain. On form though Overreach looks awesome but luck in running will play a big role.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Overreach definitely the horse to beat, I think only rain will beat hear but she probably handles that as well. The Kiwi is no hope now and Villa Verde will struggle from out there but I really like criterion he's drawn we'll and I think he is best chance of the colts.

And gee the BMW is an ordinary field for. 2m WFA race, it's a glorified handicap.

Sphagnum

Coach
Overreach definitely the horse to beat, I think only rain will beat hear but she probably handles that as well. The Kiwi is no hope now and Villa Verde will struggle from out there but I really like criterion he's drawn we'll and I think he is best chance of the colts.

And gee the BMW is an ordinary field for. 2m WFA race, it's a glorified handicap.

2 Derby winners (Sangster and 5 and a half star)
Syd cup winner (Niwot)
Melbourne cup 2nd split Americain and So You Think (Maluckyday)
Ranvet Winner (Foreteller)
Crystal Mile and NZ group 1 winner (Silent Achiever)
Geelong Cup winner (Gatewood)
Lexus winner and Melb cup 4th (Kelinni)

It isn't that bad. The rest are up and comers (with the exception of Mawingo)

I might have a little speckie e/w on Le Roi in this. Thought his first up run was great to end the picket fence next to his name. Great trainer and will relish the step up to 2400.

Foz

Bench
Maybe the outside barriers wont matter if the tracks heavy.The Kiwi horse wont mind the wet.
I hope the rain doesn't affect the track as Ive had a bit on I'm All The Talk.
3 weeks ago it won nicely and was about 6th pick at $17.
Now its changed its name drew a bad barrier and drifted out to $26 (at one stage though its firmed up in a few places).
Give it strength.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
2 Derby winners (Sangster and 5 and a half star)
Syd cup winner (Niwot)
Melbourne cup 2nd split Americain and So You Think (Maluckyday)
Ranvet Winner (Foreteller)
Crystal Mile and NZ group 1 winner (Silent Achiever)
Geelong Cup winner (Gatewood)
Lexus winner and Melb cup 4th (Kelinni)

It isn't that bad. The rest are up and comers (with the exception of Mawingo)

I might have a little speckie e/w on Le Roi in this. Thought his first up run was great to end the picket fence next to his name. Great trainer and will relish the step up to 2400.
Some handy horses but honestly how many of these are WFA horses?? Maluckyday hasn't won in 3 years and Niwot is a handicapper. Sangster didn't do much after his derby win until he beat some plodders in NZ. I just don't think our older horses in Australia are much chop ATM. If the 3 year old is any good he should space this lot.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Some handy horses but honestly how many of these are WFA horses?? Maluckyday hasn't won in 3 years and Niwot is a handicapper. Sangster didn't do much after his derby win until he beat some plodders in NZ. I just don't think our older horses in Australia are much chop ATM. If the 3 year old is any good he should space this lot.

Yep the older horses are handicappers..

On a dry track the 3yo would be expected to gap the older horses..

But all the rain Sydney has been copping brings them into the race as Fiveandahalfstar hates the wet & a few like Silent Achiever,Hathras,Le Roi,Sangster & Niwot all love it..

In the Slipper i'm going to back Sweet Idea e/w if this rain keeps up..It won the Silver Slipper on the Heavy & was very strong on the line..She is trading at $12 on Betfair so i'll take that..

Latest posts