What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gone for 2006

2 True Blues

Coach
roosters4life said:
ok i was thinking about our team for the dragons and it needs to be reshuffled completley...and ricky stuart has to stick with the same bunch for at least 6 weeks...win or lose because they need to find combos.
this is my team which was put together with a bunch of roosters fans

1. mini
2. roberts (if ok)
3. flannery
4. parrett ( unfortunatley but we got no one else...freddy doesnt like him by the way)
5.vince mellars
6.soward
7, wing ( who was the halfback when we won the comp in 2002)
8. Morley ( should be right got 10 days to recover)
9. heath le strange
10. mickey paea or anthony toupu
11. fitzgibbon ( he will play ...he was close to playing broncos so he will play)
12. harrision ( played for rabbits in this position anyway)
13. anasta ( i think this is his position played great for dogs last year when put at lock)

14. finchy
15. charlie tonga
16. anyone
17. anyone

i no there is gonna be people in this forum that are gonna think that the team is silly but we cant do much worse

Great to see you guys appreciate the Jets in that you picked our player Vince at number 5.

2 True Blues

Coach
Fibroman said:
You blokes need to stop trying to buy the competition and develop your juniors and you wont have the problems you are having.

Getting rid of Hodges, Walker and Crocker was a start, but you still have Finch, and all the time that gymp remains, you will struggle.

The juniors in the Flegg side are awesomely talented. They are winning well and the club just have to retain them and continue to bring them up as they are. Although injuries in the higher grades make this hard, and may rush affairs, although Mitchell Pearce would not have played reserves last week without injuries, and easily proved that he was worthy of the grade. So is this a gift in disguise, cause it was certainly refreshing at the least, and very promising for the future of the Roosters club......

2 True Blues

Coach
mikegotgame said:
Doesnt look to good... thats reality.. not like i care anyways, will support my team allways even if get flogged everyround..

That's the spirit mate. You should be a Jets supporter. But serioulsy I truly respect that attitude. Top stuff !!! A true supporter on the website !!! great to see. !!!

2 True Blues

Coach
ozzie said:
St George on Anzac Day - it will be a big crowd -- always is.

However, it seems to me that everyone is having a shot at Finch in the Roosters camp - sure he isn't the best half but to go forward you have to have the forwards - something we lack when our first stringers are injured. I couldn't care if Joey Johns was playing last Friday night with the Roosters we still would have lost. We need to get the boys on the Roids (just joking).

But our purchasing next year should be aimed at beefed up forwards. I bet they wished they still had Crocker

Agree totally. And Cronulla took most of them already from the Jets, but we still have Lafi and David VIAL, and this is the perfect opportunity for those guys to lift. The chance is there and I just hope they realise it and grasp it with both hands and prove themselves worthy, for their own sakes, as it may not come again !!!!.

I for one who have watched them for seasons, think they can forfill the ask , but still have to lift the bar.........but only slightly !!!!

OVP

Coach
parra pete said:
Listening to David Morrow on Grandstand this morning. He is of the opinion that Braith Anasta does not deserve his place in first grade. Is that a fair call? I find it hard to believe because I consider Braith to be a great player.

WTF ? Anasta DOESNT deserve his place in first grade ? WTF are the drugs Morrow is on ? Are they the same that Stuart uses to disguise his obvious LOVE for the sh*ttest player in the game's history ? Yes im talking Finch, the low life piece of sh*t who threw THREE hospital passes tonight. Luckily JAmie Soward recovered from the first, BUT Steve MEredith WAS NOT SO LUCKY :(. He's gorrrrrrrrrn for the season due to an inept piece of sh*tE we have at halfback atm!!

Am i being too harsh ? I doubt it.

kbw

Bench
I was at the game against the Broncos.
Both teams were ordinary.
What I noticed was both Anasta and Harrisons setting stuff up off the ball and starting to run good lines, only for Finch or Soward to stuff it or not pass the ball at all.
Anasta just needs someone inside him who has a clue and he will do OK.

Lockyer was ordinary except for a couple of very good kicks in the first half, he should be watching the next test from his lounge room.

I laugh at the calls for the "messiah", Fitler was a good player but a better choker. For the money the Roosters were paying him he should have stood up in those 2 lost GFs, they were both there for the taking, and he just couldn't do it.

parra pete said:
Listening to David Morrow on Grandstand this morning. He is of the opinion that Braith Anasta does not deserve his place in first grade. Is that a fair call? I find it hard to believe because I consider Braith to be a great player.

he has a chronic groin injury - he cannot run or kick as a result of this.

ozzie

Bench
Fibroman said:
You blokes need to stop trying to buy the competition and develop your juniors and you wont have the problems you are having.

Getting rid of Hodges, Walker and Crocker was a start, but you still have Finch, and all the time that gymp remains, you will struggle.
as if no team buys players - go play with the trains fibroman - go through your own squad and where did they come from?

lol from Penrith - crap

ozzie

Bench
kbw said:
I was at the game against the Broncos.
Both teams were ordinary.
What I noticed was both Anasta and Harrisons setting stuff up off the ball and starting to run good lines, only for Finch or Soward to stuff it or not pass the ball at all.
Anasta just needs someone inside him who has a clue and he will do OK.

Lockyer was ordinary except for a couple of very good kicks in the first half, he should be watching the next test from his lounge room.

I laugh at the calls for the "messiah", Fitler was a good player but a better choker. For the money the Roosters were paying him he should have stood up in those 2 lost GFs, they were both there for the taking, and he just couldn't do it.

1st one he played with an arm which he could hardly move...the second bulldogs were too strong in the second half after Roosters were leading 13-0. One man doesn't miss the tackles, Crocker was a heap, so was Hodges and Walker...they were the guys bulldogs aimed there second half attack at.

aqua_duck

Coach
roosters4life said:
13. anasta ( i think this is his position played great for dogs last year when put at lock)
he didn't play any lock last year, grimaldi held the position

legend

Coach
ozzie said:
as if no team buys players - go play with the trains fibroman - go through your own squad and where did they come from?

lol from Penrith - crap

Umm, your greatest player since Beetson originated from where exactly?

2 True Blues

Coach

legend said:
Umm, your greatest player since Beetson originated from where exactly?

Every team in the comp buys other teams players. Always have and always will. This is a ridiculous arguement. Where did Preston CAMPBELL come from the year before you's won the comp wasn't it....

And RAPER was a Bluebag before St George went into their record grandfinal winning spree.....

Commissar Stuart needs to have the players watch inspiration documentries on the Great Soviet Victories at Stalingrad, Kursk etc including the resilence of the Soviets during the 3 year Criminal German Siege of Leningrad etc etc.

He could also use the Great Soviet 5 line's of defence system as well as counter offense tactics used by Comrade Marshal Zhukov which created confusions in the Criminal Germans and Axis divisions.

All would be more than uselful

Kingytek

Juniors
I believe Anasta and Finch are a good combination. They just need some time together in their position and some confidence! Honestly, how many games since Anasta has been at the roosters have they started and finished in the 6 and 7 position. Stick em both in there for at least 6 rounds regardless of how they play and I can garentee results!

jazza_coote

Juniors
You are all bagigng out the roosters and our halves like there is no tomorrow with all these radical ideas but they are all about as useful as going to star city empty pocketed.

The roosters need to work harder in the forwards and they have the ammuntion to do that withb a star studded forward pack.
The real problem however is the halves.

Anasta needs time to settle in as do all good players when they change clubs. Where was Thurston in his first year at the Cowboys ? As for the number 7 Finch has been given enough time to prove himself. He has proved to be inconsistant and not reliable enough to run the ship around. The roosters needn to form a solid partnership around two halves with no changing. Soward has the skills to become an elite player and instead of the roosters seemingly wasting this year as they did the last they should let Soward play all year with Anasta and let a real dangerous and creative combinaiton be formed.

jazza_coote

Juniors
He sure has. Finch and Anasta are probably better at increasing the teams chances for this season. Wow 7th place instead of 8th what a great help in the long run.