What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good game Beau Ryan

mepelthwack

Juniors
I just thought I'd give him a special mention since he cops so much negativity all the time. Just back from HK so not seen the tigers at all for a few weeks but was impressed with Beaus effort last night.

Has he been going well lately?

Mader45

Juniors
Yeah, u should definitely make game a plural. While he is no Uate, or Lote for that matter, he has been putting in 100% on the field for weeks now. Fultons had a good few weeks too.

Its pretty obvious Woods had an off game last night. Hopefully the standard view wont play out where we all insist he should be punted for the next 6 weeks till he has a blinder. Everything about this teams performances are pointing to confidence. Doesnt help if they're being shit-bagged here for months over a few mistakes.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Pretty much the whole team played well last night, except the field mouse. I'm amazed that Lawrence is getting back to his old form so quickly - a few months ago I was dreading that he would be another Tuiaki. But yes, Beau Ryan played well.

glockers

Juniors
Beau was outstanding last night. Faultless in his defence and pretty solid in attack. He snuffed out a couple of worrying situations perfectly.

Moltzen though was appalling and I am a Moltzen fan. How timid he was on kick returns and those abysmal passes in front of our goal were pathetic.

gronkathon

First Grade
When Lote is back hopefully we see Brown to the back or Ryan and the other of the two on the bench and Moltzen knitting a sweater playing A grade like the utter chump he is

glockers

Juniors
I wouldn't want to move Ryan off the wing. He is rock solid defensively there. I would be tempted to put Lote in the 1.

maitland_magpie

Juniors
Not a bad idea Glockers, we could do much worse. Moltzens only position is No. 7 and I think I would prefer to see Lui there at the moment. I wouldn't be giving Fifita or Moltzen another minute in FG.

Borat.

Juniors
Not a bad idea Glockers, we could do much worse. Moltzens only position is No. 7 and I think I would prefer to see Lui there at the moment. I wouldn't be giving Fifita or Moltzen another minute in FG.

Just as Moltzen starts to hit form you want to cut him....and go with who exactly at 1?

Radical Rat

Juniors
Just as Moltzen starts to hit form you want to cut him....and go with who exactly at 1?

Hits form? Surely you're taking the piss. I've honestly never seen a bloke play first grade who is more afraid of physical contact. And I won't cop this bullshit excuse about his knee, he was the same before that injury.

Watching him take kick returns and have to hand off everytime is embarrassing to watch.

I've got nothing against the bloke and he is quite skillful. But my god he is soft.

He won't be dropped because we're starting to win games and there's no point rocking the boat, but I'll take Mitch Brown before Moltzen every day of the week.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Hahahahaha - is that what Moltzen hitting form looks like?
Best cross field runner in the game - 20 meters across field to serve a hospital pass to one of his mates.
I'd put my 8 year old niece there - she'd show more heart than him.

macnaz

Staff member
Hits form? Surely you're taking the piss. I've honestly never seen a bloke play first grade who is more afraid of physical contact. And I won't cop this bullshit excuse about his knee, he was the same before that injury.

Watching him take kick returns and have to hand off everytime is embarrassing to watch.

I've got nothing against the bloke and he is quite skillful. But my god he is soft.

He won't be dropped because we're starting to win games and there's no point rocking the boat, but I'll take Mitch Brown before Moltzen every day of the week.
agreed!!

Fordy20

Juniors

Brown, Meaney, Mullaney... even Ryan could have a crack at the back. He contests the high ball and runs back hard.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
100% with you.

netic

Juniors
Moltzen is a shame to watch, does he ever actually get tackled with the ball, every kick return was handed off to Beau or Utai, he wastes vitel seconds running sideways to find his winger when he could be running forward to gain some metres for us...

Glad to see him go

Tiger05

First Grade
Beau was on fire last night.

He is looking more and more like a real quality winger. His combination with Lawrence was real good. Utai to me looks like the player to go when Lote gets back.

Last edited:

Latest posts