What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Management

babyg

Juniors
Is it more than a coincedence that within 12-18 months of both Todd Greenberg and Paul Osborne taking over their respective clubs we have the biggest NRL game since the 60s. You could argue that it's because they're winning but it is because of these guys that they are winning. discuss

chrisc101

Juniors
Is it more than a coincedence that within 12-18 months of both Todd Greenberg and Paul Osborne taking over their respective clubs we have the biggest NRL game since the 60s. You could argue that it's because they're winning but it is because of these guys that they are winning. discuss

Both CEO's are doing a great job BUT this theory is rubbish.

It is simple..over the past decade we have been extremely unlucky with our finals match ups with second tier Sydney crowd pullers playing interstate/out of country teams. Finally we have 2 top tier Sydney crowd pulling teams. No different to the 2005 Dragons/Tigers game but just played at the correct stadium.

fish eel

Immortal
Osborne has done a great job in a short time at Parra and has certainly contributed to a great off field feeling at the club presently, but the on field turn around is due more to Daniel Anderson - ironically a Fitzy appointment.

Evenflow

Bench
Both CEO's are doing a great job BUT this theory is rubbish.

It is simple..over the past decade we have been extremely unlucky with our finals match ups with second tier Sydney crowd pullers playing interstate/out of country teams. Finally we have 2 top tier Sydney crowd pulling teams. No different to the 2005 Dragons/Tigers game but just played at the correct stadium.

That theory is much closer to the mark. That said i also agree both CEO's have done an excellent job.

babyg

Juniors
I don't think we'd be pulling tomorrow nights crowd if the 2 clubs hadn't done their bit of hype over the last few months. Hazem's day, Hindmarsh and Mortimer are on every second tv interview etc.

Anderson's done his bit but so has the new board. I reckon having all the old boys back involved in the club has helped too. Something the old administration had banned didn't they.

Eels Dude

Coach
What has Osborne done?

It's the team's change in attitude, not his expertise as a CEO.

He's installed a positive optimistic vibe at the club which is reflected in the players overall satisfaction at the club, as opposed to the miserable pessimism and whingeing of Denis Fitzgerald. Little things can make a difference, such as flying Fuifui's son out from Tonga to watch him play.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I agree with these sentiments.

Both CEOs seem to have their finger on the pulse in regard to what the fans want and this can only reflect in higher attendaces and interest.

Loudstrat

Coach
I agree. Saints obviously are the reference point for contract negotiations with re-signing players. :roll:
I don't think we'd be pulling tomorrow nights crowd if the 2 clubs hadn't done their bit of hype over the last few months. Hazem's day, Hindmarsh and Mortimer are on every second tv interview etc.

Anderson's done his bit but so has the new board. I reckon having all the old boys back involved in the club has helped too. Something the old administration had banned didn't they.
Suddenly we see Ray Price with the side all the time - saw a pic of Sterlo chatting to Mortimer in the rooms on Friday. Never happened under Fitzy.

Brutus

Referee
Fitzgerald was all about the Leagues club. The football club was secondary with him. He had too much power.

Kicking that self-promoting twerp out was the best thing the club could've done.