What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good News Guys

JoeD

First Grade
What does it say? It won't let me read it without registering and I can't be bothered with that . . .

incredible_holc

Juniors
why not its a pretty good forum for a rugby place

it has quite a large league section and the people on there even if they are union people are pretty cool

none of the bitching that goes on here about other sports

Seano

Juniors
here it is:

for all you who are expecting a great game are sorely mistaken.this game is f**king awesome!!!!!ive been at armegedon in wellington all afternoon.although i was unable to get anywhere near the controller the feeling i got from seeing this game was awesome and this is little review of what i saw.i stood watching for a good 2 hours and saw about 4 different games and in that time i think i can safely say that this the best sports or perhaps any game i have seen.it was so awesome i was getting goose bumps.the game was the x box version and was played on the huge projector screen.il compare to madden and rugby 2004 a bit

ok.
first off i have to commend the sidhe boys.this game is absolutly near perfect in every facit.simply tops
graphics wise this game is on par with games like madden and fifa(really!not like"rugby 2004 just like madden".my ass)things like faces bodys and hair are all top notch.faafili has his braids.thers even hair on there arms(stacey) and toopi has his mo hawk.the whole feel and presentation is reminiscent of madden(i compare to madden because that is the ultimate in sports gaming).angle and view wise its perfect for the game.you can see the gaps and exploit them.it has a very tv feel to it.like the replays and brekage in play.this is where its makes the step.the animation is wicked.although not completely realistic every animation is tops.the running is alot better but the only thing is they seem to slide a bit when they run but its nothing.the game has an arcadey feel to it but only a little and is the best way to make the game more enjoyable.the tackle animations are so cool i think il like d as much as offense.i saw lautiti have thre guys on him fighting to get the ball free and gave a sweet off load to faafili for the break.there seems to be heaps of tackle animations because they very rarely look the same.there is one huge tackle which is like a death roll when you smash the plyer ball and all and roll them over on the ground.also the animation when the player is ankle tapped is cool.his body actually twists and he looses balance flipping on his side.the passing animation is not as spectaculr but is definatly good enough.the kicking is awesome with the ball physics totally real.the ball bounces up aND YOU CAN take the ball on the bounce.the whole kicking engine is not as"matrix" as you think it just slows down but doesnt have the blurred effect which i thinks better anyway.the players actually contest the bomb and if you see a gap in the field and think your player is quick enough hell be able to get it.not like rugby 2004.the break in play animations are just special.when the try is scored the other team looked piss really.all doing a number of things like taking out there mouth guard and swearing under there breath ahands on head etc.the scorers dont always do the same thing but it looks totally rel not a slow walk with one player.its like madden when its not a seperate sort of scene its a close up of the actual game.guys actually do the things they do in the game such as scratch there head, spit and yes they even scratch there nuts.just adds alot.so for me the graphics are superb where madden is a 9.5 this is definatly a 9.
in the gameplay you couldnt ask for more .if you want to something you do it.if you see a gap in the line you take it and if you quick youll get it.even if there isnt one the side step works perfect(thankyou god) it is almost exactly like madden like a juke and works just as good if not better.and if there is no other option just give it to a prop and run over them this looks real cool.the chip and the bomb are how they should be and is based alot more on skill than luck.the best thiong is there is no catch up like in rugby.when your marking a prop your pretty certain a wing can make it around.angles and lines are everything.offloads as i said are a treat and ties so much with tactics and gameplay both defensivly and offense.every bdy does there job on both sides which great to see after rugby had the single line chasing one person.
the sound is superb.crowds and ingame noises are spot on and the commentary is tv realistic.its play by play as it unfolds even more so than madden and sounds completly belivable.and because its an aussie comentator it actual feels like nrl.theres even the great calls lik(oh! crunching tackle)PERFECT!better than madden if only there was the extra guys who put in there 2 cents but thats just being greedy. the icing on the cake is the full time and half time siren which when it comes down to the final tackle either helps sigh relief or have a heart attack to get those last points.
overall this games is 9 or maybe a 9.5 if not for the running style.this game seems to be the most playable sports sim since madden and even excels in areas like sound and gameplay.and because of the actual nature of the game itself the gameplay is the best ever.this game is gonna be huge and i assure everyone it is everything you want and a shit load more.i had high expectaions for this and what i got blew them out of the water.sidhe are the greatest buggers on the planet and i cant wait for the release.
on that the game is released on x box and pc in 3 and a half weeks.as confirmed by the x box staff and word is the ps2 will have to wait till november.anyways if any one wants to ask about gameplay or anything my more than happy to answer.

TripleM

Juniors
Uh, no it wasn't, it was written about two days ago by someone who went to armageddon.. maybe you mistook it for a couple of other reviews that have been written, this ones definitely the best so far.

ChiaPete

Juniors
To know a game is as great as suggested wouldn't the person who wrote it have to play it? Not meaning to spoil the mood but looking awesome (which is great) could be entirely different to how it plays with the controller in your hand.

Don't get me wrong I'm confident I will throughly enjoy the game but a review of how well a game plays will get a little more credit if infact they had played it.

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Well when is this Armageddon thing on anyway because a few months ago this person claimed that they went to it and saw the game, exactly the same.

Jono Russell

Bench
phantom ^_^ said:
somethingwithjohn said:
looks great but i dont like the part about ps2 being delayed untill november

From this thread: -

Mario said:
I am not sure how this rumour started at all...

Once again, do not listen to anything anybody in retail says - they don't know.

well matey i do believe what marios sais most of the time but when it comes to realease dates from what i know mario knows just as little as everyone else. he works for sidhe and not hes so he has nothing at all to do with when the game goes into the stores.

so that is why i am still a bit worried about it being delayed

TripleM

Juniors
Matta said:
somethingwithjohn said:
when it comes to realease dates from what i know mario knows just as little as everyone else

Uhh... I don't think so.

As far as I know, that was correct, I don't think any of Sidhe know when the games going to be released.. but that may be wrong.

Matta

Juniors
TripleM said:
Matta said:
somethingwithjohn said:
when it comes to realease dates from what i know mario knows just as little as everyone else

Uhh... I don't think so.

As far as I know, that was correct, I don't think any of Sidhe know when the games going to be released.. but that may be wrong.

Well, shouldn't he get SOMETHING from HES? :? :? :?

TripleM

Juniors
DvdHntr said:
Well when is this Armageddon thing on anyway because a few months ago this person claimed that they went to it and saw the game, exactly the same.

Armageddon was only on this last weekend, 3 or 4 days ago.. no idea what you were reading..

Jono Russell

Bench
another things is, i think mario would have to tell everyone that there only rumors or stuff like that because even if they were true he wouldnt be able to say

Mario

Juniors
DvdHntr said:

They may have been refering to the NRL Road Train demo which was made available in July.

Alternatively, you could be thinking of League_Gamer who came into our offices just over a month ago, or TheVodkaCircle who has been receiving builds from us since last November.

The review posted at the top of the thread refers to the near final Xbox build as of just over a week ago.

Latest posts