What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good News, New Union game for March 2004, Makers of Lomu!!

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Petebix said:
If it plays like Lomu with improved graphics, up to date rosters and those one or two little glitches cleaned up I'll buy it

HEy Duckman, hows things ?
I never could get Lomu to run properly. :(
I would have liked to play it, even if it is a union game as most people talk highly about it.

nibbs

Bench
Lomu Rugby is the best rugby still despite its oldness and out dated squads. It provides a lot more fun than the EA games...

This one might be awesome...

lionmaul

Juniors
angelus said:
http://www.acclaim.com/games/index.html

Australian League Football - That's AFL right?

Could it be possible they're making League and Union games? I doubt this is possible because Mario has said Sidhe have the rights to NRL. Just checking anyway.

That link may explain it better, I hope it is released March 2004 but, the release date on that page seems more realistic 2004-2005. Since we have not heard anything about this game. Man, I hope this is not another let down. And I hope this does not effect SIDHE decision to make a union game, I would buy both anyways. From what I have seen and read I have more faith in SIDHE then ACCLAIM.
Cheers and Salu

chriscnz

Juniors
This game in terms of graphics from those screenshots has already surpassed EA Rugby 2004; I can actually recognise players like Reuben Thorne, Justin Marshall, Tony marsh and martin Johnston.

This news is exactly what disillusioned rugby game fans needed to hear after the abysmal release that was EA sports Rugby 2004. And thank god it is actually being made by a development team who are based in a country where they know how to play rugby (unlike *ahem*... Canada).

And if the gameplay is anything like Jonah, especially when playing against a friend this game will be a cracker regardless.

Munky

Coach
ripper73 said:
I personnaly have Faith In E.A (*Hugs Madden 2004), as long as they do it themselves.

Mate I wouldn't trust EA. The Madden series is the only one they have perfected, look at FIFA and their non-sport franchises, always rushed to get out before Christmas.

The Observer

Staff member
Jonah Lomu Rugby on PS2 was one of the greatest sports sims of all time. If this release can retain the essence of the gameplay but tweak a few areas, then it will be stupendous and I'll be buying it.

Razor

Coach
ripper73 said:
I personnaly have Faith In E.A (*Hugs Madden 2004), as long as they do it themselves.

EA in the US are great. FIFA, NHL, Madden, Tiger Woods, all great games.

The EA development houses based in other countries suck and have no idea.

Razor

Coach
Published by : Aklaim
Developed by : Swordfish Studios

Joma Lomu was published by Codemasters and developed by Rage. Has Rage changed their name to Swordfish? "Cold Winter" is the only other game that Swordfish Studios developed.

Aklaim bring out crap games, but it's the development that's the thing, not the publisher. Just like HES bringing out RL 2003. They also brought out that crap called Super Rugby League or whatever it was in 1996. That was developed by Alternative Software. Thankfully HES didn't go with them this time.

The Observer

Staff member
This is what happened to Rage:

http://www.ukbusinesspark.co.uk/rae34353.htm

Rage, the Liverpool-based video games developer, has gone into receivership with the loss of about half of the 150 jobs, and a buyer is being sought for its four development studios. 16-Jan-03

Rage Software is planning to shed about 66 of the 245 jobs in its computer games business over the next few months, affecting sites in Liverpool, Warrington, Sheffield, Birmingham, Bristol and Newcastle. 27-Jun-02

Rage Software is planning to raise Ј5.6m in a share offer, in order to secure the future of its computer games business. 28-May-02

Rage Software has secured a Ј20m funding package to help with its transition into publishing its own computer games. 13-Jun-01

Rage Software has acquired the Caffeine Studios and The Internet Football Club for Ј3m, as part of a strategy to transform itself from a games developer into a games publisher. 14-Apr-00

http://games.ign.com/objects/026/026106.html?fromint=1

Rage Software
Game development studio founded by Paul Finnegan in 1992. Rage's first title, Striker, sold more than one million copies throughout its two-year life cycle and established Rage as a major creative force in the interactive entertainment industry. The company went through rapid expansion in the 1990s and partnered with multiple third party software publishers for distribution of its titles.
Rage Games was renamed Rage Software in 1996 and Paul Finnegan also became group MD at the same time. Since then Rage has continued to form commercial partnerships with major publishing houses, including Microsoft, Intel, Dell, Compaq, Nintendo, Sony and Sega.

In October 2002, Rage was sold to newly founded Swordfish Studios for the stunning sum of 1 pound.

mikeyboy

Juniors
In that screenshot, Betsen is wearing 7 not 6. A miniscule error I know but things like that sometimes give an indication of developers/publishers knowledge of rugby. Let's hope not. If it play as well as JL did we could be in for a treat.

umosay

Juniors
That official site reminds me a lot of rugby 2004's site, anyway if you guys want a less hassel site with faster loading and easier to navigate visit my site www.wcrugby.tk (the link is in my sig also)

Anonymous

Juniors
There's nothing wrong with WWF Attitude, at the time it was the best wrestling game ever. The game play was fairly straightforward but all the options made the game, plus the best create a player mode ever.

Latest posts