What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good News on Weyman

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Down in the Nation’s Capital, Canberra are hopeful prop Michael Weyman will be fit to play St George Illawarra on Sunday despite initial fears he may have suffered a broken leg in yesterday's loss to the Wests Tigers.

Scans have cleared the forward of any break, with Weyman instead suffering from bone bruising. Assistant coach David Furner says there is a possibility he will play, but admits they won't likely know until he begins running later this week.

The news looks bleaker for Raiders skipper Alan Tongue with the tireless lock awaiting the results of scans after suffering knee and ankle injuries yesterday. Furner says it is doubtful Tongue will be right to play the Dragons.

Good news for the big fella. Just hope they getting him running a bit wider where he won't get gang tackled. Furner is also quoted elsewhere as suggesting Hinchcliffe may come in for Tongue, surely this is a gee up. Withers maybe but surely Turner would be the obvious replacement for Tongue if Campo is to remain at 6.

Good news for Mick and I agree with getting him to run wider. Campo should go to 13 if Tongue is unavailable , Im all for giving Hinchcliffe a go and putting withers back to the bench.

aussies1st

Staff member
Will be awesome if Campo is picked at lock. No idea why Hinchcliffe has been suggested as replacement for lock, hooker yes lock no.

Brimmer

Juniors
Trainers need to pack the magic sponge for weyman I'm affraid. Every time he takes the ball up I cringe.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don't think Campo will be at 6, even if Tongue was playing. I think we missed Dobbo as an attacking option at the line and will be back in the 7.

13 - Campese

6 - Carney
7 - Dobson

Good news about Horse.

nickraider

Juniors
Great news for big Mick. I was pretty upset when I heard he may have broken his leg. Hopefully this is the luck he needs for a big run of consecutive games without any injuries.

Macko8

Juniors
It says on the times page that weyman wont be playing this week against the dragons.

So thats a bit of a let down and it also states Graham wont be rushed back this week, although colin best will probably be right to go.

No news on TLL, anyone heard anything?????

donkey|rope

Juniors
don't jump down my throat for saying this, but is weyman still worth the trouble? i like the bloke and the potential there is amazing, however the question remains will he ever deliver on it? he's put in some good efforts, but the story thus far has been injury after injury.

raidersforme

Juniors
The biggest problem with weyman is he attract's four or five tackler's not your standard one to three.

He should be taught to offload more as he does create gap's, and others should be sniffing around him to get the offload.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I have noticed that he seems to get in trouble when close to oppostion try line. Either another forward has got to come with him and alternate who actually gets the ball ala Souths with Asotasi, so the defence is in two minds or don't use him for that type of hit up. The other problem will be getting Withers to pass the ball in a manner thats suits that type of play and maybe that's a bigger problem.

I notice in the Tele this morning that both Weyman and Graham may be late inclusions.

skeepe

Immortal
Yeah the CT reported that Weyman will travel to Wollongong with the team, and named him on an extended bench. Fingers crossed!

good stuff , we need him this weekend , and to play without injury , hopefully he changes his tactics abit , he always seems to have 5 blokes trying to get him to ground and thats when his legs get twisted.

Latest posts