What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good old Ch9.

Grand Final Replay is a replay at 9:30pm tonight!!!
Well they can get stuffed i'll watch niether and goto bed early!!

Maybe the are just a pack of wankers if they think Dogs v Tigers will rate better.
Dogs would have been beaten by a NSW cup team last week and tigers are ethier diamonds or dust.
THis is the Grand Final replay, and with everything that has happened people have been waiting for this game.

Parra Steve

Juniors
regardless of who was playing i would think a grand final replay would take pirioty over any other game that round.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
LOL, i think the Dogs vs the Tigers will be an EPIC game cos they are so evenly matched and are both so unpredictable (especially in this weather)

Compare that to our game, where in past form, and in all liklihood we are gonna get lapped by 25 points.. Also a good chance of ugly crowd behaviour to need to be edited.

I think they've made a good choice! :lol:

i can watch it online live in anycase but i will never tell a survey that i watch NRL 9.
the 1st game on Friday night is the only 9 game i watch the sunday game is a ad-a-thon so i watch the fox replay.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
maybe they are concerned showing the Crowd live and can do editing for the 9.30 game?

It's the only reason why!!! I was going to start a thread about this so thanks for doing it anyway. This is a volatile game ... remember the Eels burnt down the old Cumberland Oval stand so anything is possible with some Eels fans tonight. I wonder how many fans will run on to the field tonight during the game. Will they send in a larger force to control the crowd/irate fans???? They won't take any risks. Will they bring out the tasers tonight...
050410_taser_doomsday_604x341.jpg

May 3: A law enforcement officer chases down a fan that ran onto the field in Philadelphia.

Phillies Fan Tasered After Running Onto Field

PHILADELPHIA — A police officer used a Taser gun to apprehend a fan who ran onto the field during a Phillies game Monday night, and the team and the police are investigating whether it was an appropriate use of force.

The fan, wearing a baseball cap, red T-shirt and khaki shorts, hopped a fence and scurried around the outfield, eluding two security officers in the bottom of the eighth inning against the St. Louis Cardinals. One officer used a Taser and the fan went down in a heap. Several Phillies placed gloves over their faces and appeared to be stifling laughter at the wild scene.

Phillies spokeswomen Bonnie Clark said the police department is investigating the matter and discussing with the team whether using the stun gun was appropriate.

Police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore told The Philadelphia Inquirer police internal affairs will open an investigation to determine if the firing "was proper use of the equipment."

Vanore was not made available to The Associated Press when a call was placed to the police department's public affairs office late Monday night.

The teams said it's the first time a Taser has been used by police to apprehend a spectator who ran onto the field.

The fan was 17-year-old male and he will be charged with criminal trespass and related offenses, the team said. The Phillies did not release his name because he is a juvenile.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/05/04/phillies-fan-tasered-running-field/

Eels Dude

Coach
Ah stop the whingeing. Dogs v Tigers is a massive game. A local derby between two of Sydney's most followed clubs will be a ratings winner. We're still on tv this evening if you can't get out to games that's the main thing.

strider

Post Whore
yeah - i said yesterday i think the dogs v tigers game is the logical one for them to pick to put on .... not many melbourne fans in NSW and Qld - Eels+Storm fans in NSW and Qld is nowhere near as many as Tigers+Dogs

wouldn't bet on that Strider.
Not like us regional viewers could just come to the game instead.I would rather watch it on fox sports much better coverage, even when they replay the 9 games it's better!

Kornstar

Coach
I am pretty sure they are boycotting the cheats, they had no choice but to play it because they had picked it prior to the rorting came to light but they could still punish them by not giving the cheaters top spot.

I admire them for it, tbh!

Glenn

First Grade
To those saying it will be because of crowd behaviour needing editing stop buying into the Ossie hype.
Of course there will be some crowd reaction to the Storm with all that has happend, but to suggest it will need editing out is a bit far fetched IMHO.

strider

Post Whore
wouldn't bet on that Strider.
Not like us regional viewers could just come to the game instead.I would rather watch it on fox sports much better coverage, even when they replay the 9 games it's better!
you don't think dogs+tigers fans > eels+storm? :crazy: ..... dogs have always been reported to be one of the highest supported team in recent times - they'd probably have virtually the same tv pull as us ... and melbourne - nearly all their fans are in victoria which won't get a live game anyway ..... no way could i imagine eels fans + a sprinkling of melbourne fans watching on tv would be more than dogs+tigers

To those saying it will be because of crowd behaviour needing editing stop buying into the Ossie hype.
Of course there will be some crowd reaction to the Storm with all that has happend, but to suggest it will need editing out is a bit far fetched IMHO.

Well you tell me than its otherwise do you?

If my memory is correct Channel 9 has the first pick for the two games (each round) they want to broadcast and followed by Fox Sports and so on. If a grand final replay is not high on any agenda I do not know what is! I recall the last 2 years grand final replays they were on Channel nine

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would say Dogs and Tigers fans combined would outweigh Eels and Sydney based Storm fans

Glenn

First Grade
Well you tell me than its otherwise do you?

If my memory is correct Channel 9 has the first pick for the two games (each round) they want to broadcast and followed by Fox Sports and so on. If a grand final replay is not high on any agenda I do not know what is! I recall the last 2 years grand final replays they were on Channel nine

A grand final replay would be high on the agenda, however two Sydney based teams with a large following would be more appealing to Nine (in Sydney at least).

Haynzy

First Grade
Works for me..... I have a gig in Geelong tonight and Melb tomorrow night....being the 2nd game it'll come on at around 2.30, just as i get back to my room. :D

Latest posts