What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good old Ch9.

FROSTY319

Juniors
Oh you have to wait until 9.30pm to watch the game ? Boo hoo you poor thing. Try being an Eels supporter in Melbourne waiting until 12.15am.

thats what you get for living in melbourne.
Considering it's a storm game you should be pissed off Ch9 hasn't even tried to grow the game in Victoria the whole time they have had the rights.

btaag

Juniors
If the Eels were playing great football and were top of the table, and if Melbourne were still in the competition and in simmilarly hot form (they kind of are), the Eels vs Melbourne match could have been shown first.

However, in the context of how both teams are going and the fact there is two Western Sydney teams playing each other, I can see why they have the Eels game on later.

Though I am loathe to say it (have a mate who loves the Tigers), Wests play a very entertaining style of football (whether winning or losing), so Channel 9 (always after the ratings) like having them on.

What game are they showing in Brisbane first?

Tony Bongo

Bench
Watch the game live, chant, sing, play my bongo with wooden spoons, wave brown paper bags, see our team win and then watch the replay at Sterlos. Perfect. :)

FROSTY319

Juniors
thats what you get for living in melbourne.
Considering it's a storm game you should be pissed off Ch9 hasn't even tried to grow the game in Victoria the whole time they have had the rights.

Mate I am pissed off and have been for ten years living here!! Channel 9 are a joke with the NRL in this state and I hope it changes when the new TV rights deal comes in.

I however will be awake and probably pissed by then for my 12.15am viewing :alcho:

oldmancraigy

Coach
The best thing about it not being shown live is that the Storm lose bargaining power in negotiating sponsorhips for next year.

If they don't get on TV, it surely affects the amount they can raise from a jersey sponsor?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
To those saying it will be because of crowd behaviour needing editing stop buying into the Ossie hype.
Of course there will be some crowd reaction to the Storm with all that has happend, but to suggest it will need editing out is a bit far fetched IMHO.

It's all the unknowns that irk them Glen

This could become a full-on tribal war ceremony where the whole stadium is baying for the blood of Storm (the fans venting all their angst on Storm after 10+ years of invalidation by News Limited/Super League & co). The atmosphere could be anything tonight... powder-keg anyone????

lingard

Coach
I am pretty sure they are boycotting the cheats, they had no choice but to play it because they had picked it prior to the rorting came to light but they could still punish them by not giving the cheaters top spot.

I admire them for it, tbh!

When you put it that way, that makes some sense.

dogs4life

Juniors
Maybe the are just a pack of wankers if they think Dogs v Tigers will rate better.
Dogs would have been beaten by a NSW cup team last week and tigers are ethier diamonds or dust.
THis is the Grand Final replay, and with everything that has happened people have been waiting for this game.

Only Parramatta supporters have been waiting for this game who else cares.

Latest posts