What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GOOD OLD NRL - No more YouTube League.

Quigs

Immortal
Just read about it in the NRL thread in L.U. Forum.

YouTube has been requested by the NRL legal eagles to remove any NRL related clips off the system. And they are dropping off the site like autuum leaves.

How stupid is that. What morons would make such a decision .
The modern day wisemen need blowin' up. Fair dinkum, talk about not promoting the game world wide.

Here is one of the most popular "free" publicity websites in the world and they can it.

The decision has put a gapping hole in my fillum clips links page on the Biff. The bastards.... I hate the wisemen. No wonder a bloke gets disillusioned.

Somewhere is Syd-a-ney I reckon there is a goggle-eyed passionfruit cruiser swilling legal nerd bragging to his 'fwends' how he beat up YouTube and got them to stop hosting 22sec clips of rugby league without payin. Farcan Hero

His rugby union chappie mates must be laughing.....

This is just another fine example of the world gone mad.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

millersnose

Post Whore
words fail me

its so dissappointing - have these guys got nothing better to do? has the NRL really got that much money to waste on stupid backward legal threats

carcharias

Immortal
I don't You tube often but I reckon it is a bloody ripper.
This is a sh*thouse move by the NRL.

Quigs

Immortal
Howdy Nodd,

Did you post a copy in the NRL thread?

I signed it but I dont know if the page is up and running - can you let me know.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Thats f*cked up!

I have my magnificant footage of ET's chip and chase try Vs Souths(the 70 odd metre try)! The day he scored 5! Thats is playing on my myspace page. I take it that will be goooooooone soon!

beekershark

Bench
geezuz, it annoys me that I'd have to get a telstra phone to watch the foxtel stream, or a 3 phone to watch the cricket. In terms of U tube, it just seems silly to throw away such free advertising. So if something hilarious happens that millions of punters world wide want to hit, like a streaker, or hoppa sticking a finger up someones clakka, in an NRL game, its going to be missed ? or more positively, if Tosh gets the pill ion goal next year, beats 13 players freakishly , fends off two props, chips twice and jigs around the ruck before showing an explosion of speed to score under the posts, that kind of advertisement for the game will not be able to be emailled around the world on youtube becuase the NRL wants to own all content ?

I see where they're coming from in terms of ownership of rights and likeness, but I think its overkill.

Quigs

Immortal
Mate I just get so sh!tty sitting back here thinking about it.....

People in bush dont get access to a lot of deals etc etc, it is just another example of the "new guard" farkcan up the working mans game by brilliant decision making.

Hope who ever made the decision chokes on his christmas bonus .... the prick

Next time you see a group of league players getting shuffled around the state and the wisemen telling you how they are taking the game back to the people, just remember little decisions like this beauty.

Because they are just full of crap.

Rugby League 2000 is all about corporate dollars, TV rankings, and power struggles, and corporate farcan dollars .... stuff the punters... stuff the bush .... stuff ---- orrrrr just farkem.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Boldo

Juniors
News Limited own Myspace don't they?

perhaps it is a play by them to get myspace to be the number one spot for videos... regardless.... my myspace has some great old school rugby league ads...

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Bingo Boldo.
it is just a pity that myspace doesnt work becaue its dated & f*cked technology.
But then again, new wdidnt buy it for the technology. they bought it for the brand & the content.
content is king.

Dorsel

Juniors
That's typical of the NRL though

Similar to their decision to give Monday night radio rights to MMM
instead of the station with the biggest network on the east coast .. 2SM
... who wanted it

To take it a step further why do the NRL sell the radio rights
exclusively .. the revenue is a piss in the ocean compared to its total
revenue. Why not have it on as many radio stations as possible ... its
called promoting the game and they think promoting the game is flooding
TV with commercials.

Don't get me started

newman

First Grade
Wouldnt all the old stuff on there, like pre the inception of the NRL (ARL and NSWRL)be free from this threat?