What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Onya Kasper

Anonymous

Juniors
Just heard on ABC Radio that Michael Kasprowicz has been named as Brett Lee's replacement for the tri-series in India.

If there's anyone who's been hard done by by the selevtors in their career it's Michael Kasprowicz.

I hope he kills it in India so he can hold his spot.

Anonymous

Juniors
Here's the article from baggygreen.com.au about it:

Australian squad for TVS Cup

Kasprowicz to replace Lee in ODI squad

Lynn McConnell

October 19, 2003

Michael Kasprowicz, the Queensland fast bowler, has been chosen as Brett Lee's replacement in the 14-man Australian squad for the one-day triangular tournament in India. Lee was forced out of the tour yesterday after pulling an abdominal muscle while bowling in the second Test against Zimbabwe at Sydney.

Kasprowicz has played 16 ODIs for Australia, the last being in February 1999 at Melbourne against Sri Lanka. He had a successful stint with Glamorgan this season, taking 77 wickets, including career-best figures of 9 for 36.

"With injuries to our senior bowling line-up, we felt that on this occasion it was necessary to look for another experienced quick," said Trevor Hohns, the chairman of selectors. "Michael also has experience in the challenging conditions of the subcontinent and that will be a real asset to the squad.

"Given the work load that Andy Bichel and Brad Williams will face during this current Test match, it is fair to say that Michael will play a big role in India." Kasprowicz was the winner of the 2002-03 Ian Healy Trophy as Queensland's most valuable player.

Meanwhile, it was confirmed that Lee would be out of action for about one month. `I am bitterly disappointed," said Lee. "I've worked really hard on my fitness and have basically gone through the past three seasons unscathed, so to miss this tour now is a major blow.

"I pretty much knew from my first ball this morning that something was wrong. There are times when I have stiffness and I can pretty much bowl through it – that's part and parcel of bowling – but this certainly felt worse. But hopefully we've identified the problem early and it won't turn into a bigger problem."

© Wisden Cricinfo Ltd