What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good places to watch league games on the tele

dragonfan12

Juniors
hi all

as i dont have the luxury of attending many games thru-out the year or dont have foxsports - im a fan whom always goes to a local pub/rsl to watch games on foxsports.

I would like to know sum good places you may recommend to watch games on the tele in Sydney? Have you gone to a opposition's RSL to watch a game?

Any experience info would be great

So far in my area i recommend

St George Leagues Club (great place to watch it but sometimes got to get there early or ull be left standin - lack of seats)
Earlwood Bardwell Park RSL (smaller sized screens but always a seat when ive gone)
Meridian Hotel in Hurstville (big screen however its situated where the food restaurant is - i would feel guilty watchin a game if ive already finished my meal)
Pubs in the CBD (they arent bad though usually you wont be able to hear the commentator thru ppl talking)

dragonic

Juniors
Around Newtown/Enmore the best spots are Newington Hotel or The Golden Barley.

Another good place in your area is South Hurstville RSL.

dragonfan12

Juniors
True True =)

except wen they play stupid saturday and monday nite games.

Also I usually watch replays of complete games, I miss on the official nrl site.

Good on them for making that available

redvscotty

First Grade
Not in Sydney but the Broncos Leagues club.

I always get a little kick out of wearing my jersey or STGI jumper there and getting dirty looks from all the little old blue rinsed grannies haha.

dragonfan12

Juniors
lol ive always wondered what it would be like to go see a game at the oppositions venue....like canterbury leagues and wear a dragons jersey

not game yet...