What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye 2012 were pharked

vvvrulz

Coach
But surely they will look very closely at him and whether he can improve? An automatic second year shouldn't happen.

All our coaches have had at least one crap year, based on that I'm willing to give him another shot. As bad as this year was, it still wasn't 2004 or 2008... we showed glimpses of some very good stuff.

hitman82

Bench
All our coaches have had at least one crap year, based on that I'm willing to give him another shot. As bad as this year was, it still wasn't 2004 or 2008... we showed glimpses of some very good stuff.

This for me too. Along with the injury toll and inexperience; he does have a couple of excuses. I'd definitely like to see him here next year, put it that way.

Akkerz

Juniors
I'm all for kicking Bluey... but the 20s are still 1st on the ladder and Blackmore isn't coaching the Vulcs...

Sorry - my mistake on the Vulcs coach. Apologies & yeah it's great U20's are still doing well but thats not meaning much right now.

Juju

Juniors
The club really did mess up last year releasing so much of our depth.
To me now it seems it was our depth that got us to all three grades grand finals last year.

The stripping of depth and the impact that FG injuries have to all our grades is a major reason why our sides are going crap.

Also... This time of year, when in the hunt for a playoff spot is not the time to be debuting rookies as bluey has. He can only be doing that if he is planning for 2013...

Evil_Mush

Juniors

I presume you mean 2009, rather than the year we made history by beating the top ranked team from 8th place and were 1 game away from the grand final.

I'm not in the FIRE BLUEY! camp at the moment (the players definitely need to accept at least some of the responsibility for their slack performances), but I will be extremely disappointed if there isn't a significant improvement in the WAY we play in the final rounds, regardless of wins/losses.

vvvrulz

Coach
I presume you mean 2009, rather than the year we made history by beating the top ranked team from 8th place and were 1 game away from the grand final.

Yeah my bad, I was speaking of the year of the Stacey-Moon combination of hell (+ Denan Kemp).

hitman82

Bench
The club really did mess up last year releasing so much of our depth.
To me now it seems it was our depth that got us to all three grades grand finals last year.

The stripping of depth and the impact that FG injuries have to all our grades is a major reason why our sides are going crap.

Also... This time of year, when in the hunt for a playoff spot is not the time to be debuting rookies as bluey has. He can only be doing that if he is planning for 2013...

While I'm sure 2013 is part of the thinking... who else does he have to select??? We don't have any first graders in the Vulcans!

I remember this post from the start of last season:

Originally Posted by tezzah
Pending first grade selection for the Vulcans this would be my line up for Round 1:
2011 WARRIORS

1. Lance Hohaia,
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Jerome Ropati
4. Joel Moon
5. Krisnan Inu
6. James Maloney
7. Brett Seymour
8. Sam Rapira
9. Aaron Heremaia
10. Ben Matulino
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Simon Mannering
13. Micheal Luck
14. Russell Packer
15. Lewis Brown
16. Jacob Lillyman
17. Shaun Berrigan

2011 VULCANS
1. Kevin Locke
2. Glen Fisiiahi
3. Elijah Taylor
4. Ivan Penehe
5. Bill Tupou
6. Isaac John
7. Pita Godinet
8. James Gavet
9. Alehana Mara
10. Upu Poching
11. Ukuma Ta'ai
12. Sione Lousi
13. Steve Rapira
14. Saulala Houma
15. Jeremy Latimore
16. Matt Robinson
17. Shaun Johnson
18. Ben Henry - 2011 NYC captain

look at that depth!!!!

Juju

Juniors
While I'm sure 2013 is part of the thinking... who else does he have to select??? We don't have any first graders in the Vulcans!

look at that depth!!!!

If only we still had that roster :(

ozbash

Referee

look at that depth!!!!

Shuddup, youre making too much sense ;-)

Blair

Coach

look at that depth!!!!

That No. 17 for the Vulcans looks promising!

Micistm

Bench
Tigers win, thats us.

Probably the most humane thing! Thats what happens when you allow your fate to be taken out of your hands.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Excellent, now I can forget about league and start in summer mode. Nice day to do it too, lovely big blue out. See you lads!

Latest posts