What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye Bellamy

Mark Rudd

Juniors
Well. I've come to the conclusion that Storm coach Craig Bellamy will leave at the end of this season without a doubt. It's pretty obvious actually.

His family remained in QLD.

There was always the speculation of him returning to take over from Bennett at the Broncos.

Orford has said he may even follow him(possibly others as well) to Brisbane.

Storm signed Peter Sharp as assisntant coach. Why? Didn't Bellamy have an assistant coach? Maybe he didn't.

But it sounds like next season the Storm WILL be coached by Sharp.

That's all the Storm needs. ANOTHER coach. Things can only go two ways. Forward's. And Backward's.

This all sounds like we're reversing at full bore. Wooden Spoon time. The WORST thing for Rugby League in Melbourne.

Zef

Juniors
Maybe he's just got the tip that next year there'll be no Storm? Maybe Reebs has had a quiet word in his shell-like ear and told him that Rupe and Lochie are tired of the experiment?

We can only hope.

Then we can bring in The Bumkins or get rid of the bye. Either of which is a better option.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Just when things were back on their feet in Melbourne, things start to go backwards yet again. Theres gotta be something wrong at that club, Bellamy has done a fantastic job for Melbourne taking them to the top 8 in his first season, and has brought young players through like Slater, Johnson and Smith.

Whos the assistant coach of the Broncos I thought he was gonna take over as coach.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If Bennett eitires the Storm are just unlucky I reckon, Bellamy was always going to be Bennetts sucessor.

Raider_69

Post Whore
bellamy was never going to do anything different
he will be at the broncos the day after bennett retires

dimitri

First Grade
Maybe he's just got the tip that next year there'll be no Storm? Maybe Reebs has had a quiet word in his shell-like ear and told him that Rupe and Lochie are tired of the experiment?

We can only hope.

Then we can bring in The Bumkins or get rid of the bye. Either of which is a better option.

you never learn do you

the bumkins will be a joke

in fact they will make the nrl a joke

we need the storm

we dont need the bumkins

Merlin

The Storm are one of the few NRL clubs that have an opportunity to cash in on the RU world cup.

The general population down here barely know the difference between RU and RL. With the right promotion the Storm can attract those people who got interested in the 'rugby'.

If Bellamy does go back to Brissie at the end of 2004 I really fear that the Storm will be shot. I don't think Sharp capable of filling in for Bellamy.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
If Bellamy moves to QLD, which is alomst certain in 2005, that will not go down well with the Storm players.

A Good Squad on paper, and some Incredibly talented footballers.

This would ruin them for the entire season. Why dont they just let Sharp coach them now and give Bellamy the Assistants job. Might as well get used to the coach who will be there longer term.

:roll: :roll:

Bozza 1980

Juniors
Bellamy was a great choice by the storm to coach the club.

It would be horrible if the club yet again lost coach/player etc for the simple reason that they wanted to go home.

The Storm can survive and thrive in Melbourne, something like this just sets the cause back another couple of years.

Bozza 1980 said:
Bellamy was a great choice by the storm to coach the club.

It would be horrible if the club yet again lost coach/player etc for the simple reason that they wanted to go home.

The Storm can survive and thrive in Melbourne, something like this just sets the cause back another couple of years.

With the success Melbourne had last year. This is where the NRL need to jump in and offer an incentive for Bellamy to stay there. Sharp will take them backwards where as Bellamy has already taken them forwards.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Maybe chris anderson can go back there, he could bring back that winning culture he is always talking about .Or better still next year the Brian smith show might roll into town. If there is any coach, apart from langmack, that needed to be given the spear it is that unit.

choc_soldier

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
Whos the assistant coach of the Broncos I thought he was gonna take over as coach.

Isn't it Kevin Walters?

League does need a team in Melbourne, they seem to be doing all right at the moment - on the field anyway.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the "experiment" dies within a few years, and the team either folds or re-locates to Brisbane.

I don't want to see that happen though.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Melbourne are IN THE NRL FOR THE LONG TERM. It's time for NSW and QLD to wake up and realise it, especially blind fools like Zef.

Sharp's family have remained in Sydney as well, apparently. And the reason Bellamy's family didn't come with him was because the Storm offered to fly them down to see him every so often, and his kids are at HSC age.

miccle

Bench
I always believed (or at least hoped) that Bellamy would be returning to the broncos. I was crossing my fingers that wayne just sent him there to have a coupla years by himself to find his feet before he came home. Bad news for Melbourne, but they've got the right players to keep improving!

Rockn

Juniors
I think Bellamy will go to Melbourne, along with Orford and probably Slater and Smith, who both are Qlders and more than likely would rather be close to there families aswell. Who can blame them, I'd want to be with my family as well. The Broncos are a stable, well performed, attractive club... unfortunately Melboune won't reach the same heights :(

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The sad truth is that until Melbourne are able to start developing homegrown players they will run the rissk of being something of a transit lounge, as players/coaches will move there to advance their careers then return home when opportunities closer to home present themselves.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Rockn said:
I think Bellamy will go to Melbourne, along with Orford and probably Slater and Smith, who both are Qlders and more than likely would rather be close to there families aswell. Who can blame them, I'd want to be with my family as well. The Broncos are a stable, well performed, attractive club... unfortunately Melboune won't reach the same heights :(

So Melbourne's premiership doesn't count for performance? It isn't well run? Sheesh.

Latest posts