What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye friz

blacksafake

First Grade
Friz was good for us but he is just a solid edge backrower, no more than that. He isn't fast and has zero ball playing ability.

In saying that, he's one hell of a competitor. I'm sure the JdB situation remained a factor in his decision. Blame Mary if you mugs want, and you will, but it's a better salary cap decision to let him walk.
You obviously haven't seen him run.
You must have dozed off when he almost ran down Gagai over 90 in origin a couple of years ago.

Father Ted

First Grade
It came across like some sort of jilted lover. "that's OK, now rack off, there's plenty more where you came from."
I agree there's the always someone new mindset , but who is available next year ? What state will the game be in next year? and reading Andrew Johns in the paper today , how many teams? Not to mention learning off Mary....

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The Dragons have been pathetic for all but three of the first 20 years of this century. Hopefully a decent coach will be appointed as compared to Bennett, Farrar, Brown and Mc Gregor have been major disappointments.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
We all know the club is struggling to keep players happy under Mary's crap coaching but this one takes the cake.
How sad that we lose players of this calibre due to him. Shows just how much ambition and belief they have with him at the helm. Woeful!
I'm bloody over it.

LINESPEED

Juniors
You obviously haven't seen him run.
You must have dozed off when he almost ran down Gagai over 90 in origin a couple of years ago.

‘Dozed off’ perhaps - but more like a slow jerk with Mary.

How about we refresh the memory:

Gagai:
“The [GPS] gadgets in the back of our jerseys that show how fast we run, I remember in that run I was doing something like 9.4 metres a second. Usually when you're running that as an outside back, no one's catching you so that showed then just how well Frizell did on that one."

Another one lost to McDumbfuc/ker

When do you draw the line in the sand Andrew Gordon - or are you miles away from your plaything our team?

Somewhere in the Bahamas perhaps?

BLM01

First Grade
Wollongong and Newcastle are pretty similar as far as living locations go I would presume. I visited Newcastle last year for a few days and thought it was pretty cool. Good beaches, nice vibe. They have a light rail.
The Gong is also obviously nice albeit maybe less vibrant?
I live down Wollongong and yes I am biased and also lived in Newcastle for a short while and have family up that way... but Wollongong and it’s surrounds are more picturesque and it’s CBD has a superior vibe. And easier to get to Syd CBD But hey my opinion only :blush::heart::thumbsup:

BLM01

First Grade
Only the Dragons could get the Timing of this announcement right hoping for the least amount of backlash as people of got more important things on their mind

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I agree there's the always someone new mindset , but who is available next year ? What state will the game be in next year? and reading Andrew Johns in the paper today , how many teams? Not to mention learning off Mary....
Sometimes it's not about the money. For all we know the Club did indeed make a substantial offer. And yet our best forward and skipper said no. Sadly, the Club's press release created more questions than answers.

Saints left scratching their head and yelling "doh."

I am a supporter, but have been treated like a customer. But hey, customers get answers. So why the smoke screen? Are we troublemakers? No, surely we just want honest answers and a bit of transparency.

Maybe we should stop being so polite.

SGMax

Juniors
Don’t think the knights will be winning a comp in the next 3 years .
Exactly, Newcastle somehow convinced him they were a genuine chance of a premiership.

I would also like Tyson to accept some responsibility for the Dragons performances last year.
His form was well down and he allowed outside issues to affect him.

Good luck to him, but if he wanted to win so much, he should have made sure he played to his ability.

thebigredv

First Grade
All the unfounded support and accolades for Mary from all our players over the years.

All of a sudden the captain, of all players, says we won't win a premiership under Mary.

I'm glad the truth is out but why so many lies beforehand?

I always knew the future under this coach was bleak but each year he seems to outdo himself. Never thought it'd be this bad.

The fans treated like an absolute doormat. Change our people. Change our culture. Please.