What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google web browser!!!!!

Floods

Juniors
Not so much a question but thought some may be interested, and didn't really know here to put it anyway.

So google has released a Web Browser of their own called "Chrome", seems very quick and has some cool features. I normally use Opera but can never access the NRL official site but can using the Google browser.
Anyway here's a comic book that the new features :

http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/

And the link itself http://www.google.com/chrome

I think I'll stick with Opera for the time being but this could be very cool with more development.

Last edited:

akazie

Juniors

I just downloaded it and omg it is fast. It imported my saved usernames and passwords from firefox. I can see google being more popular then firefox soon :whistle:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Must've been tweaked while they programmed it ay. How does it handle videos? Someone go to youtube and watch a video there. Is there a flash player pre-installed?

akazie

Juniors
Damn it, I can't get Java to work :fist:

I download Java 6.10 like they said but nothing :?

Youtube works :p

Floods

Juniors
OK a couple of strange things I have found,

I have my taskbar/startbar on "autohide" and "show on top of other windows" but when using Chrome I can't get the taskbar to come up on top of it and have to minimize it. But am running Opera and FF at the same time and Taskbar comes up fine with those

Also just found I can't press middle mouse button and quickly scroll from the top of the page to bottom.

Jono078

Referee
It froze on me and used up all my CPU.

Mainly that happened when I exited out of a full screen youtube vid.

hellteam

First Grade
this thing is working awesome for me... usually my computer/internet is so slow in internet explorer cause its old but google goes so quick

matty-ducati

Juniors
did anyone see that website about street view? some guy wasnt happy with google for not asking his permission, so he went to the ceo's house too photos of his house and made his own website... the clown ceo wasnt too happy and is taking it to a court, what a f**ken gronk its ok for his business to do so but no one else can. f**k google c**k smokers

[furrycat]

Coach
did anyone see that website about street view? some guy wasnt happy with google for not asking his permission, so he went to the ceo's house too photos of his house and made his own website... the clown ceo wasnt too happy and is taking it to a court, what a f**ken gronk its ok for his business to do so but no one else can. f**k google c**k smokers
Err... you don't understand.

For Google to post thsoe images they need to go through rigorous legal proceedings and copious amounts of advice as to what they can and can't show of people's dwellings...

That guy who wasn't happy did it without any kind of legal advice obviously... So how are google the "c**k smokers" here? :?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Exactly right furry... the guy was simple minded enough to think a company as big as google was just doing it on their own whim without seeking legal advice or anything... he's stupid enough to deserve to be sued :lol:

perverse

Referee
for a beta, im very f**king impressed. it's extremely lightweight and very, very fast.

looking forward to seeing how it matures, but i rely far too heavily on my firefox extensions as a web developer to use Chrome constantly. i'll probably use it for just general surfing now though.

matty-ducati

Juniors
[furrycat];4505795 said:
Err... you don't understand.

For Google to post thsoe images they need to go through rigorous legal proceedings and copious amounts of advice as to what they can and can't show of people's dwellings...

That guy who wasn't happy did it without any kind of legal advice obviously... So how are google the "c**k smokers" here? :?

they didnt ask me or anyone for permission to take a photo of my house, hence thats invading my privacy. Simple, its my privacy, like theres is theres, if i wanted a website with my house on it, i would go make my own... it will be thrown out of court, they wont get sh*t out of him.

jed

First Grade
There's a huge difference between google's images and the site with the CEO's home. Googlemaps has taken images of pretty much everything, you didn't just open up googlemaps and the guy's house would be staring back at you. The website that targeted the CEO was making an example of one specific house.

I've had a go of Chrome, it's not bad, but I also had Java issues. But virtually no beta software is ever perfect.

[furrycat]

Coach
they didnt ask me or anyone for permission to take a photo of my house, hence thats invading my privacy. Simple, its my privacy, like theres is theres, if i wanted a website with my house on it, i would go make my own... it will be thrown out of court, they wont get sh*t out of him.

LOL.

Does your house on googlemaps say
"THIS IS MATTY DUCATI'S HOUSE" like it did for the CEO? THATS an invasion of privacy.

What is so invading about it? I can see more of your house if I drive past it in my car and look around...

Geez you are up in arms over nothing