What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon Tallis as Commentator

bluesbreaker

Bench
It's pretty funny when Gordie commentates. Straight after he finishes his sentence, there's this silence for about 20 seconds whilst whoever else he's commentating with tries to think of something to say, I imagine they're sitting in the box scratching their heads, wondering what the hell they did to deserve this.

It's funny when he's trying to explain something and he goes on and on...but then forgets the point he's trying to make...and runs outta words.

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
bluesbreaker said:
It's pretty funny when Gordie commentates. Straight after he finishes his sentence, there's this silence for about 20 seconds whilst whoever else he's commentating with tries to think of something to say, I imagine they're sitting in the box scratching their heads, wondering what the hell they did to deserve this.

how bloody true is that, i cant stop laughing at that comment, lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

eelsta

Bench
Personally i judge a commentator on wether or not i actually listen to what he has to say, i find i do like to hear gordies comments even if he isnt the greatest commentator around.....

BUT Wayne Pearce drives me insane with his babble, absolutely the worst of the worst:x

he is shocking, it sounds like my TV is jumping, if its on Live and Active I give him the boot usually.

my favourite Gordy call
'Douglas and Stosic have done exceptionally well since their big name buy Ben Ross went down with a knee ending season...or...whatever

Sir Biffo

Bench
As EA said, compared to the NZ commentary circus big Gordie looks like an absolute superstar.

No-one can be worse than the Channel 9 Brisbane call team. I remember one day Mick Hancock did that sideline commentary for them and he actually had bits of paper visible in his hand he was reading off when the camera was on him. What a pro.

QldEagle01

Juniors
Lol he never lets me down....... another clanger in Courier Mail Tuesday 06th Sept 2006.

Why Manly Can Win the 2006GF - They dont rely on one player.
Why Manly Cant Win the 2006GF - They Rely on Ben Kennedy to much.

Surely even an editior would have picked this up.

Meat head extrodinaire.

Give it up Gordon ur as dumb as they come.......................................

NRL clubs want action on Tallis

CLUB chief executives yesterday called on NRL boss David Gallop to take action against director Gorden Tallis over his involvement in a bar-room incident last month.
"There was a question asked about whether the NRL or News Ltd were going to take any action in regard to his behaviour," said Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald after the monthly meeting of CEOs yesterday.
"Certainly David is not in a position to do anything there."
Former Australian captain Tallis, nominated to the board by News Ltd, publisher of The Courier-Mail, was accused of throwing a glass at a barman at the Regatta Hotel in Toowong on August 13.
"Everyone was interested in that because of the measures that are in place in regard to club players," Fitzgerald said.
"We'd like to think there's some . . . not only consistency; but the behaviour of directors should be at the very highest of standards if the board are expecting high standards from the clubs.
"I would think that our concerns would be carried forward to the NRL board and to News Ltd."
Other issues on yesterday's agenda included in-house drug testing, new tampering rules and the National Youth Competition.
Standardised testing is aimed at striking a compromise between the zero-tolerance policy that ousted North Queensland's Mitchell Sargent and the "three-strikes" rule at other clubs.
Players may be given a second chance after testing positive the first time in-house.
Newcastle and Brisbane are understood to be the only clubs still opposed to a national youth competition, and the clubs have reached the point of looking for sponsorship opportunities.

R1821.jpg

Latest posts