What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon Tallis quote of the year

griff

Bench
I don't mind his commentary. Yeah he can barely spit out a full sentence in one hit, but at least he jokes around and is good for a laugh.

that's what the comedy channel is for

believe it or not most people don't watch footy for the comedy value

Johnny Bravo

Juniors

That's funny, I thought commentary was there to add to the experience of watching the game. You have your callers, analysts and just regular commentators commentating the game. Tallis' job isn't to provide expert analysis, it's to provide entertainment and add to the game. Which I think he does.

He calls it as he sees it, and delivers what he thinks in a pretty honest and humorous way. If you need a commentator who is boring but an astute analyst to tell you what's happening in the game. Thats your perogitave, personally I like having someone who can often make dour affairs somewhat entertaining. I can watch the game myself.

Brutus

Referee
I don't mind his commentary. Yeah he can barely spit out a full sentence in one hit, but at least he jokes around and is good for a laugh. I can tolerate him a hell of a lot more than Pearce, Smith, Sattler, O'Neill, Raper or even Brandy's continually biased commentary. Andy Raymond and Tallis is just about the only guys on FOX that I don't hate.

I'd prefer someone who jokes around a bit and can at least talk properly.

Brutus

Referee

Rayyyy would disagree with you. According to him people are bored with footy and want "fun"

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Some of Gordons finest work was in the Broncos v Manly match as well

Broncos put in a low kick to the in-goal area, manly take it, and he asks "is it a 20m restart if the ball hasn't gone above his head"

otori

Juniors
He's better than Ben freaking Ikin. The man has less personality than a baked bean sandwich.

Favourite Ikin quote from last year: "Yeah I think they've really come out here to win this half."

Gordie comes out with some absolute belters, but unfortunately he can't string 2 words together at other times. I hope he can improve, when he does say something properly, it's usually funny. My favourite Gordie call was "At the Broncos we used to call him (Scott Minto) 40/20. He looks like he's 40 but he is only 20."

super_coach

First Grade
The ABC had a interview with Shane Website on sunday, now theirs a guy who can talk, but in the end it sounded like a interview with a pommy rugby player who has five degrees. Where Gordy god bless him fires from the mouth but short cuts the brain, but I like it dosnt take himself too seriously.Not like laurie ski jump nose Daley, Ben (iam bennys son in law) Ikin who are both drop kicks of the first degree who think they are the gods of NRL

coolumsharkie

Referee
I love Tallis. Sure he can not string a sentence together but he is honest and funny.

He's farkin hilarious, "I wish I had a dollar for every try he scored" Tallis on Beaver... it was 172 :lol:

Same game... "He knows his way to the tryline".. Talis on some youngster

"Thats his first try of the year" said the other commentator :lol:

Latest posts