What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got GF tickets

I'm a snob up in the ANZ members area...would much rather be with the army, but we got free tickets, so what can ya do

If we make it i will be making several trips down to where all of you are :)

Doug2234

First Grade
Is there any info on the Grand Final anywhere?? Ive seen times for NSWRL, NYC and NRL kick off times but is there any pre match or half time entertainment etc????

Just wanted to know what im in for... o yeah i booked by tickets!!

Dizzychik

Juniors
i got 6 x kick%ss seats online this morning just after 9am. 107-1 row 10, right on halfway. :lol:

I had 2 club member codes but the ticketek website only lets you enter one code for up to 8 tickets even though the NRL stipulates 4 per membership. (same thing happened last year with the nrl's 2 ticket limit but you could still get up to 8 online)

ticketek don't seem to have the resources to ensure everyone follows the NRL 's ticketing rules for members (ie. they don't track membership codes). i think they (ticketek) would only catch you out if you try to buy more than 8 tickets per ticketek account.

At the end of the day the NRL only really cares about selling out all tickets to the game which has to be a sure thing when the dragons get there! I can't wait ! :crazy:

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I live in Wollongong. I'm a member of nrl.com and I can buy tickets this Friday. Just want to know do I have to buy online or can i go to ticketek in Wollongong and buy my tickets this Friday? Also if I can only buy online can I nominate a section because i want a category 4 ticket behind either one of the posts? And thirdly i have a mate waiting until August 13th when the tickets go public to buy. What are his chances of getting 3-5 tickets in category 4?

Sorry for all the questions but i'm a GF virgin. LOL.

_Johnsy

Referee

_Johnsy

Referee
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ales-after-first-day-of-pre-sale/default.aspx

Record Grand Final sales after first day of Pre-Sale

NRL Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:30:00
Ticketed NRL Club Members have turned out in record numbers to be the first to secure their seats for the 2009 Telstra Premiership Grand Final.

The exclusive Members buying window opened at 9.00am today with just over 11,000 tickets sold by 6.00pm.

The previous record for tickets sold in the buying window was in 2006 when 8,532 were sold over the full two-day period.

Today just under a third of sales (3,711) were conducted over the internet, more than three times the previous record.

Around 1,000 Category One tickets and 13,800 tickets across the remaining categories are still available in the initial buying window.

Doug2234

First Grade
I live in Wollongong. I'm a member of nrl.com and I can buy tickets this Friday. Just want to know do I have to buy online or can i go to ticketek in Wollongong and buy my tickets this Friday? Also if I can only buy online can I nominate a section because i want a category 4 ticket behind either one of the posts? And thirdly i have a mate waiting until August 13th when the tickets go public to buy. What are his chances of getting 3-5 tickets in category 4?

Sorry for all the questions but i'm a GF virgin. LOL.

You can only order your tickets online if you are a NRL.com member. The ticket agent has no way of checking your NRL.com member credentials...

See below from the NRL website

MyNRL Members
These members can buy tickets online only from 9am Friday, July 31 until 7pm Saturday, August 1.

Any Rugby League fan that joins NRL.com before or during this priority window will be able to purchase tickets. It is free to join, simply by logging on to www.nrl.com and clicking on the My NRL link on the home page.

A maximum of eight tickets can be purchased using a special password that will be sent to NRL.com members. Members must have ‘opted in’ to receive emails from the NRL.

_Johnsy

Referee
the dragons password was;
DRA-****

the * = a number just put something like 6578 and make sure you enter the -, and you should be sweet.

Doug2234

First Grade
Johnsy - What if there is a member not on this forums and trys to by tickets and some non member has stolen his password???? . Once the password is used once its locked out.

_Johnsy

Referee
Johnsy - What if there is a member not on this forums and trys to by tickets and some non member has stolen his password???? . Once the password is used once its locked out.

good point, we may need a new thread.

I purchased 2 tix, so if someone wants to purchase 2 tix they can pm me for my password.

Saint Angelo

Juniors
I guess you can always try purchasing tixkets by entering a random number as Johnsy suggested, however, you run the risk of Ticketek cancelling your order if they cross check your name with the NRL "Unique" offer code. I can't see Ticketek going to this effort as I am sure they are purely concerned with ticket sales ONLY !!

Richard Gay Was God

First Grade
Guys best way to go is use anothers club code. I've been logging in for 2 days trying to get Cat 1 tickets in the lower bowl without success. I was on at 8:55am yesterday ready to go.

Try ROO-6398. That's the code I've been using but obviously just change the numbers around slightly and you should be right. Saves wasting Saints members codes!

Doug2234

First Grade
Guys best way to go is use anothers club code. I've been logging in for 2 days trying to get Cat 1 tickets in the lower bowl without success. I was on at 8:55am yesterday ready to go.

Try ROO-6398. That's the code I've been using but obviously just change the numbers around slightly and you should be right. Saves wasting Saints members codes!

LOL... Poor roosters.

Lets all use BUL-8387 or something!!!!!

Benny

First Grade
I was first in line at Scum Leagues (sold my soul) and got 8 x Cat 1 tickets in 107 - funnily enough no Scum supporters.

Dizzychik

Juniors
Guys... ticketek don't lock out the membership codes. I've bought 6 tix and it still let's me through to do another 8 if I want to.

A membership code just allows u to get through to the ticket selection page.:)

STG-MACCA

Bench
Ticketek blame the NRL, and the NRL blame ticketek for any issues and while the system operates this way it is there to be taken advantage of.

I received calls from ticketek (on behalf of the NRL) in 2007 asking why / how I purchased tickets coz I was a little shonky and took advantage of their stupid system, but it was cleared up very simply and they allowed me to keep them.

To put it simply, selling the tickets in July is half the problem - yesterday they only sold 12,000 tickets and they are happy that it broke a record - lol.

Come October, and 30% of the 12,000 people that own tickets, won't attend and have their tickets on ebay or sold / given to family and friends.

Sell them once the teams make it. (I have a system, that would be a benefit to the NRL and the clubs in more ways then one, but I will start a thread on it at a later date).