What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got me Charity Tickets!

Just got onto ticketek, it was slowwwwwwwwww. But anyway, i managed to score a few tickets in a decent spot, although all i can is get in quick, or else it will be general admission!

Cheers,
Moff.

Only single tickets are now left in the premium areas. (pretty much all the seating on the bottom area apart from behind the goalposts).

Ticket sales are going well (y)

Moff.

Bryce

Juniors
So who are they playing? I heard they are pissd off with Saints, and have gone (from memory) Wests?

LittleBunny

Juniors
Hey can I come on down and pinch someone else's tickets to see my beloved Bunnies. We cant get much of them up here in crappy Broncos territory. I would do ANYTHING to see Souths back in action.... well not quite but it sounds good hey.

imported_Beast

Juniors
Yes I have my tickets also.
Make sure you get there for the First Division match which will showcase the stand alone Bears -v- Souths..should be quite a match and will show case the young talent from North Sydney to the Central Coast!

Bryce

Juniors
I'm talking about how Souths, according to some media reports I read late last year, were not going to play the charity shield against Saints, due to their being pissed off with some aspects of Saints involvement with Souths expultion.

So my question remains, who will Souths opponents be in this new charity shield?

H

hutch

they r still playing the saints bryce. i have got my tickets too mfc, i cant wait. i am basically going for the atmosphere and because it good for footy, and because my granfather played for souths so i have a soft spot for them. bring it on

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was last year Bryce when Pigggins was kicking up a stink but sanity prevailed.
This match has been has been getting promoted as Souths v Saints for many weeks now and was actually sold out a day ortwo ago.

imported_Beast

Juniors
Bryce.
Souths are playing a joint venture in the Charity Shield..they are not playing the Saints as you call them.
The team playing Souths have as much reason to be called the Steelers than the Saints given that most matches will be played out of Wollongong as opposed to whatever ground the St George element decide to play a few matches at!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not so Beast.
The Charity Shield's success this year is mainly because of the return of Souths. But the return of the traditional season opener between Souths and St George has also captured the imagination.
You may say its a joint venture playing but that would denying the genuine feeling that many people have about this match.
Besides, whats wrong with calling a team Saints when the full name is St George-Illawarra?

Dog

Juniors
Beast get over your aggressive SL/NL bullshit and see the game for what it is instead of the political issues behind it. The only thing stopping the game from moving forward is living in the past - exactly what you're doing.

Dog

imported_Beast

Juniors
Dog,
Only a fool chooses to ignore history.
A grasp of the more recent history of league is essential if the game is to progress.
It would be convenient for may league administrators to forget their actions ovr the last few years, but they must account for their actions in order to repair the damage they have done and continue to do!

ex-manager

Juniors
Beast, whilst I agree with you that only a fool chooses to ignore history, is it not also unwise to live in the past, to refuse to move on?

You will never be content until you see justice for what happened to the Bears, trouble is that may never happen.

imported_Beast

Juniors
Gav- Agreed but therehas been some very positive news on the Bears front and this is a real opportunity to push the Bears credentials for 2003.
It will be up to the Bears supporters and Members to convince SIngo that the Bears are a credible outfit that if properly managed could threaten for their first premiership since 1922.
Now some people might think that I am a little optimistic or ambitious but we must be progressive.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Beast:
I for one hope you're right and the Bears are back sooner rather than later...
...even if youcomment about Dragons' home ground issues....
emwink.gif

B

bender

If the 16th team in the NRL is the Central Coast (North Sydney)bears, it will be an absolute disgrace. The 16th spot must go to the 6th Largest City in Australia which is a traditional rugby league city. In Fact, the Gold Coast Bears has a very good ring to it, with the side playing at Gold Coast in a fully norths uniform and hopefully supported by the Burleigh Bears, Norths and the Chargers. They could possibly even play a game or two at Central Coast to keep the locals happy until they get their own team.

Incidentally, as a side issue did anyone realise how bad the bears really were I had a look at their results a while a go and with the exception of their 2 or 3 premiership years and their last 3 or 4 years, they must have finished in the bottom half of the table every year or at least in 90% of those years. That is a credit to their few remaining supporters who have stuck with the club.

ex-manager

Juniors
Beast, I hope the Bears do get back in the very near future. They were treated abysmally by the NRL. Why they couldn't go back to 16 teams when they readmitted Souths is strange, but then we are dealing with a bunch of tools who couldn't organise Hogmany in a distillery.

imported_Beast

Juniors
Bender- Yours is an appalling post, it is based om ignorance and a definite dislike of the Bears. I had no problem with a team on the Gold Coast, and the club up there, at least SeaGulls has been lending money to the Knights to keep them solvent..but it was the Broncos again who did not want the competition in or near SE Qld..the Broncos and their many supporters in the News/NRL ensured the death of the Gold Coast.
And Norths were very consistent in th 80s and 90s with good crowds and regular semis appearances.
You are basing all your judgmnets on their final year 1999, which was a very poor year for Norths and they were decimated by the News/NRL because of it!
Willow:
I do hope Saints become the Saints again and find themselves a local home ground instead of their gypsy like status at the moment.
GavBt: I think you will eb happy to see the Bears back in 2003, it will not be easy and will be very bloody but it can be done

imported_midas

Juniors
I really think that anyone wishing to see the return of the Bears,St George as a separate entity or the Gold Coast is due for disappointment.The aim of News Ltd is for a 10 or 12 team comp ,not 16 and I am convinced they are working towards that.
I think they give Tigers,Manly and Souths no chance of surviving two or three years financially,thus achieving their goals by attrition.From a purely business point of view(the only view News ever takes) it makes sense.History,sentiment,emotion-none of this concerns them.
I would like to be wrong,but I doubt it.