What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould may as well pick 16

woodgers

Bench
Game one he gave O'hara about 15-20 minutes

Game two he give Stevens the same.

Why pick players if you have no confidence in them. He should just pick someone he loves like Ned Catic instead. At least he would give them some time and his other forwards wouldn't be stuffed come 60 minutes.

xwizit

Juniors
agree

whats the point of being a starting prop if your only going to get 20 mins gametime

t-ba

Post Whore
Too right. It's a waste of a spot, and when that spot is on the prop rotation, you know it's going to hurt the team.

Eels Dude

Coach
How much game time did Trent Waterhouse get? It seemed like he was off the field 10 minutes after getting on.

woodgers

Bench
Trent Waterhouse got no time from memory. In fact knowing Gus Gould, Trent Waterhouse is in serious danger of becoming Trent Waterboy for origin 3

t-ba

Post Whore
woodgers said:
Trent Waterhouse got no time from memory. In fact knowing Gus Gould, Trent Waterhouse is in serious danger of becoming Trent Waterboy for origin 3

Walkers on, Walkers on :lol:

on the piss with me

Eels Dude

Coach
Gould lets his Rooster pal Fitzgibbon play the 80 minutes and Waterhouse gets nothing. I'm not trying to disrespect Fitzgibbon here, he's been NSW's best player in the series so far. However, Gould seems to think they'd collapse with him off the field. The others are good enough to handle the job.

NPK

Bench
Who would have been the back-up goalkicker if Fitzgibbon was off the field?

azza

Juniors
Phil Gould coaches in the manner of an arrogant wanker. The sooner he leaves origin the better the game will be.

I thought that really hurt NSW... not having one of their forwards their to share the load, they started to look pretty tired. Do you see QLD using only one of their props for 20 mins?

thickos

First Grade
The funny thing was is that Ryan O'Hara's 20 minutes in Game 1 was because he was being 'eased into origin.' Was Stevens being 'eased out'? :roll:

Give the props more of a run Gus!

Alan Shore

First Grade
What makes it even worse is that in his short time on the field Stevens took the game to Webcke and was having a blinder. Then again, we're dealing with coach Goose here :roll:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
and why would you go and waste 2 interchanges in Origin. Buderus was off for, what, 3 minutes? What's the point of that?

(or was I just imagining that?)

astrogirl

First Grade
Yep Danny got about a 10 minute rest, maybe less. What a waste, given that he's an 80 minute player even in origin.

I don't care if Wing can fill the hooking role.

Snoop

Coach
Compare this to how Hagan rotated his players. It was a very expansive game and the forwards had to do a lot of running around. Interchange players like Ross and Flannery were used well and looked like they may have even had petrol to spare.

Moving Bowman into the forwards on defense was a master stroke as well. he defended well there. In a game where the two sides seemed pretty even I think Hagan out coached Gus and played a major role in the victory.

astrogirl

First Grade
snoopster77 said:
Moving Bowman into the forwards on defense was a master stroke as well. he defended well there. In a game where the two sides seemed pretty even I think Hagan out coached Gus and played a major role in the victory.
I agree. Without Bowman the amount of game time for Bowen would have been pitifully small, as has been the case in at least one previous SOO appearance by Bowen.