What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould negativity on the game

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dogs game, 45 mins in, "bludger of a game, absolutely terrible, what a shocker of a game" Couple,of minutes later slating agin saying "6 mins in had 6 tackles, terrible".

Wow I have never heard sports commentators bag a game as much as he does, talk about Bringing the game into disrepute! If you'd tuned in to your first game of RL you'd be reaching for the remote.

insert.pause

First Grade
it was, I don't have a problem with him saying that once, it's when he goes on and on. I can't stand his snide remarks about the rules the most and how he thinks hes being clever about what hes insinuating and his agenda behind it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
F*cking hell, its annoying!!!

When the Dogs winger bounced the ball over the line and the Video Ref spent 5 seconds looking at it, i almost put my remote through the tv listening to Gus bitch. I turned it off before Half time, i just couldnt sit though his vitriol.

Honestly, he is worst than Rothfield!! Gus will find the smallest thing and spend 5 minutes complaining. I imagine the suicide rate of people that have spoken to him is rather high.....

magpie4ever

First Grade
Imagine if Union commentators said what every impartial fan was thinking.

They would end up topping themselves.

dude, are you saying you are a union fan?;-)

seriously, it was an ordinary game but ole gussy did go over the top.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
He needs to go.

I want professional commentators to commentate the game I'm watching.
If I want his personal opinions I'll buy a newspaper and read his column.

insert.pause

First Grade
F*cking hell, its annoying!!!

When the Dogs winger bounced the ball over the line and the Video Ref spent 5 seconds looking at it, i almost put my remote through the tv listening to Gus bitch. I turned it off before Half time, i just couldnt sit though his vitriol.

Honestly, he is worst than Rothfield!! Gus will find the smallest thing and spend 5 minutes complaining. I imagine the suicide rate of people that have spoken to him is rather high.....

"try from first angle, try from second angle, try from third angle..."

We f**king get it! you don't like the video ref, you don't like the rules, you don't like the NRL, shut the f**k up and keep it to yourself, the commentary box isn't a pulpit for your personal agendas!

adamkungl

Immortal
Rabs and Gus have this year reached completely intolerable levels.

Absolutely awful commentary and a blight on the game

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Rabs and Gus have this year reached completely intolerable levels.

Absolutely awful commentary and a blight on the game

It wouldn't at all surprise me if Nien's management were telling them to play it up ala Tony Greig and Bill Lawry.

Gould could be the best, but he's nigh on the worst.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm certain 9 have all their commentators play up a certain role.

That said, I feel that Gould has added his own agenda in there. He's obviously building up a lot of anti-NRL sentiment at the moment. We all have at least some issues with how things are run but ffs on the weekend we just want to watch the bloody thing not hear constant bitching.

Big Pete

Referee
Gus does this from time to time.

He'll pick an afternoon where he'll get bored and spend the entire call putting himself over at the expense of the game.

Going back a few years and I remember a similar call involving Brisbane/St George Illawarra in 2010.

It was a really important game for the Broncos. Not only in the context of the season, but because they were honoring Cyril Connell who was an important part of the club and one of the best talent scouts of all-time.

It was easily the gutsiest defensive effort of the year for the Broncos and instead of going with that angle, Gus decides to spend the entire afternoon talking about how boring both teams are and how bad the game has become.

It was incredibly disrespectful.

For balance, there are times where he'll lay it on thick and talk up teams like they're premiership contenders. If it was up to Gus, there would be about 3-4 premiership teams each year. Remember how much he loved Wests around 2009-11? Always loves the Dogs and will talk up the Broncos like they should win the premiership each year.

Always find his call of the Roosters interesting. If you listen to what he has to say outside of a call, the Roosters are easily the team to beat and it's their premiership to lose. However, if they're the tiniest bit off, he'll lay the boot in thick and fast. Did it on Friday against the Tigers and also did it during one of the Sharks games.

He's an interesting bloke, but I'd kill to sit down and talk League with him. Get it away from management, refs and such, it would be great to get his take on players, teams etc. etc.

chigurh

It's what he does.

He will often make a comment very early on and, no matter how ridiculous it may have been, spend the rest of the game finding any opportunity to repeat it.

The whole 9 commentary outside of Yvonne Sampson is just incredibly bland.

TonyT6

First Grade
Dogs game, 45 mins in, "bludger of a game, absolutely terrible, what a shocker of a game" Couple,of minutes later slating agin saying "6 mins in had 6 tackles, terrible".

Wow I have never heard sports commentators bag a game as much as he does, talk about Bringing the game into disrepute! If you'd tuned in to your first game of RL you'd be reaching for the remote.

At least he was honest, if he talked it up plenty on here would be into him for talking up such a shite match

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Gould has a beef with NRL...not league.

That is very clear to me.

His approach is not something I like...hence I do not watch nine.

He knows the game inside out and i have a lot of respect for him, but at the moment i think he should concentrate all his energy on the Panthers, and put his TV work on hold.

Latest posts