What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould the Master Spin Doctor

Scootsie

Juniors
How does Phil Gould get a job commentating when he clearly has so many conflicts of interest?

I‘m not a Storm fan by any Means, but Gould has spent 10 minutes trying to convince the audience that the ladder leading Storm ‘are out of sync’.

Talk about mind games, but it is totally unprofessional and a bad look for the NRL.

JamesRustle

First Grade
I heard the old merkin say they should revert to old fashioned chalk for line markings, so a cloud of chalk would indicate the ball was grounded on the line.... um you dumb old merkin, by that measure, a chalk cloud would occur if an arm or shoulder and not the ball tou he'd the line.. and it would be useless in the wet.

Time this dinosaur dropped the mic and farked off to bulldogs. He ain't got the balls to get on the commission and implement some of his better ideas, but he is so far past commentating and positively promoting the game on TV.

Reactions: Vee

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
How does Phil Gould get a job commentating when he clearly has so many conflicts of interest?

I‘m not a Storm fan by any Means, but Gould has spent 10 minutes trying to convince the audience that the ladder leading Storm ‘are out of sync’.

Talk about mind games, but it is totally unprofessional and a bad look for the NRL.

Didnt hear, but is he wrong?

Fangs

Coach
Well he is right for one. Melbourne looked absolutely dogshit last night.

He has done this for years so I'm used to it. He used to hammer Penrith all the time in the 2000s and ride the Roosters home every week.

Penrith got pumped by Newcastle in 2011 and he wrote a sympathetic article towards our club in the SMH. It was bloody strange reading.

1 week later he was announced as GM of the club.

Scootsie

Juniors
Well I’m gonna be listening to see how he builds speculation around Bullodogs finals rivals.
They’ve got Dolphins and Se Eagles in the next few weeks, so what’s the bet he’ll be trying to stitch up those sides by manufacturing some doubts about their play.

Munky

Coach
To quote Gus, it's a soft comp.

Easily the softest comp since 2016.

Imo 2017 was a soft as f**k comp with team 8 making the GF.

That Storm team though was f**king awesome though and would murder a huge amount of premiership teams of the era.

Apey

Staff member
I don't think he's wrong at all here.

He is the man of 100 agendas though and it's funny when a few of them come in conflict with each other.

Reflector

Juniors
I don't think he's wrong at all here.

He is the man of 100 agendas though and it's funny when a few of them come in conflict with each other.
He gets it right a lot of times, but his arrogance, his agendas and his ability to play Captain Hindsight (especially in Origin) all work against him.

Saxon

Bench
Has way too much influence, and the conflicts of interest are significant. The worst thing is that he uses that influence to try and mould the game to the vision he has for it.

Fangs

Coach
Imo 2017 was a soft as f**k comp with team 8 making the GF.

That Storm team though was f**king awesome though and would murder a huge amount of premiership teams of the era.

Perhaps perhaps. 2016 was a much better final for sure.

It's been a disappointing year of footy in terms of the elite teams. No one is owning this premiership yet.