What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goulds commentary

Vic Mackey

Referee
That's what gets me. The Cowboys have massive bandwagon support in NSW from most fans you ask, how the f**k does that fit in with NSW fans being irrationally mad at 2 QLD teams in the finals? :lol::lol:

Exactly.

At the 2005 grand final I had dragons fans on one side of me and eels fans on the other. Both were going for the Cowboys.

I guess qlders don't understand how deep tribalism goes into Sydneysiders.

Mr Bean

Juniors
Goulds' commentary never really bother me but last night he could have put a cork in it. Carried on too much.

FlameThrower

Bench
Agreed the way he was carrying no other teams are playing football only cows and Broncs?

Last edited:

Sphagnum

Coach
Gould must've had a stack on Souths. You could here the disappointment in his voice. Fkn dunce. You can always tell who he backed.

Nerd

Bench
Gus is in some sort of mood isn't he?

He isn't alone either, it seems like a lot of people were disappointed on the game on Friday night and were very quick to point fingers. Personally, I enjoyed the game more than any of last year's corresponding games and think we should be celebrating an exciting weekend of finals football.

I don't know if it was the Storm's style that really hurt the game, or if it was the Roosters who simply had trouble sustaining their form after 3 months of spectacular football. I tend to think it's more of the latter.

Bit of A and a bit of B. I thought the Roosters were off their game slightly which Melbourne capitalised on.

I do though agree with Gould on that the Storm should be penalised more for slowing down the play the ball. It's effective in winning games but turns nearly every game involving the Storm into a grind and not enjoyable to watch. I've noticed during the year where the Storm really go into slow motion is when a tackle is made right near their try line.

Cloud

Juniors
Gould always panders to QLD audiences when he commentates Broncs/Cowboys games.

Next week he'll say the Bulldogs and Roosters winner will destroy the Broncos.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Exactly.

At the 2005 grand final I had dragons fans on one side of me and eels fans on the other. Both were going for the Cowboys.

I guess qlders don't understand how deep tribalism goes into Sydneysiders.

Yeah the tribalism really shows with the shear numbers attending games in Sydney

insert.pause

First Grade
Gus ghostwriting for Uncle Nick, pathetic.

I'm sure they'll be hoping that last Friday's senior referee Ben Cummins has officiated in his last Roosters match of the season. Since winning the 2013 premiership, the Roosters have a winning percentage of 75.55 per cent under referees other than Cummins, but it drops to just 14.28 per cent when Cummins shares the field with them. They have lost every penalty count under him in this period and concede 73.52 per cent more penalties than they receive when he is one of the on-field officials.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...odds-to-lift-premiership-20150915-gjndkl.html