What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grade five reckless high tackle - Cayless faces 11 weeks...

rugged

Juniors
The judiciary is still off in lala land if they think it right to judge things based on whether a player gets injured or not.

I used to hate it how no charges were even given unless the other player was injured. You shouldn't have to carry on "like a pork chop" to have someone sent or on report for say a spear tackle.

Pigskin

Juniors
well done to the judiciary

his actions throughout the game were that of nothing more than a dumb thug .... deserves every week of it

Oink !

Paullyboy

Coach
Wiki didnt deserve 5
Cayless doesnt deserve 11.

The judiciary makes examples of some players and lets others off way too light. Its a waste of time even having a judiciary.

The Colonel

Immortal
Paullyboy said:
Cayless doesnt deserve 11.

The judiciary makes examples of some players and lets others off way too light. Its a waste of time even having a judiciary.

Cayless deserves 11 weeks .... if a player is injured then fair enough that player who caused the injury is suspended (especially the way that Hannay was injured).

However just because a player is not injured in the result of a tackle doesn't mean they should escape without punishment for pleading guilty.... or receive a lesser sentence.

If its bad enough for a week suspension then you should serve the weeks suspension..... it shouldn't be downgraded if some one doesn't get hurt.

Paullyboy

Coach
That tackle by Cayless did not deserve 11 weeks. I know that he had two charges against him, but the tackle on Hannay wasnt even that bad. It was just as much bad luck that Hannay got injured than anything. It wasnt that high compared to some high tackles (Morley) and it wasnt going at any great pace. If Hannay was fine he would have been looking at 2 weeks

Iafeta

Referee
There are still some poor inconsistencies. Watmough deserved 10 if Wiki got 5.

Alex Chan's been up twice for the same tackle, got 2-3 weeks each time - the same sort of tackle landed Monty Betham 5. For the life of me, there was no difference.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
That tackle by Cayless did not deserve 11 weeks. I know that he had two charges against him, but the tackle on Hannay wasnt even that bad. It was just as much bad luck that Hannay got injured than anything. It wasnt that high compared to some high tackles (Morley) and it wasnt going at any great pace. If Hannay was fine he would have been looking at 2 weeks

That tackle didn't get Cayless 11 weeks. With the early guilty plea it was worth just over 5 and a half weeks (562 points). Please note, that this was affected by Cayless having been suspended for a similar offence in the last 2 years (increased the penalty by 50%). Guilty without a plea would of been 7 and a half weeks (750 point.)

Without that prior suspension (+50%) the penalty for the tackle (with early guilty plea) would of been 375 points (3 weeks and 75 points left over).

Nathan Cayless

Club Eels
Time (minute) 29th
Charge or Incident High Tackle - Reckless
Charge Grade 5
Base Penalty 500
7 yrs incident free for discount? No
Penalty pts from this charge (early plea) 562
Penalty pts from this charge (late plea)
Penalty pts from this charge (guilty plea) 750
Prior similar offences in last 2 yrs (50% loading) 1
Prior non-similar offences in last 2 yrs (50% loading) 0
Carry-over points to be added 0

Iafeta

Referee
Grantwhy said:
Paullyboy said:

That tackle didn't get Cayless 11 weeks. With the early guilty plea it was worth just over 5 and a half weeks (562 points). Please note, that this was affected by Cayless having been suspended for a similar offence in the last 2 years (increased the penalty by 50%). Guilty without a plea would of been 7 and a half weeks (750 point.)

Without that prior suspension (+50%) the penalty for the tackle (with early guilty plea) would of been 375 points (3 weeks and 75 points left over).

Nathan Cayless

Club Eels
Time (minute) 29th
Charge or Incident High Tackle - Reckless
Charge Grade 5
Base Penalty 500
7 yrs incident free for discount? No
Penalty pts from this charge (early plea) 562
Penalty pts from this charge (late plea)
Penalty pts from this charge (guilty plea) 750
Prior similar offences in last 2 yrs (50% loading) 1
Prior non-similar offences in last 2 yrs (50% loading) 0
Carry-over points to be added 0

What I think grates a lot of Eels supporters is like I say the inconsistencies - particularly the elbow. Paul Rauhihi did one with the same intent and venom in the same game and doesn't even get cited. After his Manly scrum incident, he should be give out lotto numbers, thats the sort of luck he has.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Well, from all account the Manly Scrum incident was due to Hoppa being Hoppa (but this time he went the squirril grip).

I am though, somewhat suprised that Rauhihi and Cayless were judged differently on their elbows.

I have a funny feeling Cayless was looked at more harshly due Parra's (and his) attitude towards the Ref? I don't think that would be justified if that's what happended, but it might be the reason why :? (if you go out of your way to make the officials job difficult/put more than the usual 'niggle' in the game then the video review panel just might look at you a bit closer than usual?)

Latest posts